DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

I tried one Queen's Bounty - ended up trying to solo it which was a disaster

It then got worse as some dude joined and proceeded to blow himself up 6 fucking times with his rocket launcher

That is when I dropped the bounty and said "Yeah - I am going to need to wait for JT to do these"

I actually managed to solo one today. Wasn't easy and thank you warlock resurrection! Best way i found was to kill the first wave (they're only level 26) use the 2 (or 3) scorch cannons to take out the next 2 waves from a safe distance then use your rocket launcher of choice to smash the last wave and boss. You cant shoot rockets at the ships to kill everyone on the way down like you can in a normal public event, they are immune till they hit the ground so be aware of that. To be fair though, there was only 1 time when i was on my own. There seem to be so many people doing them at the moment it wont be necessary to solo one.

I had one interesting encounter today, just as the Wolves showed up the sky darkened and a Fallen Walker public event started. Trying to dodge that things shots while taking out the wolves was a challenge.

I farmed the 2 locations on Venus today, got 5 chests in about 40 mins maybe, though i did double back on one. As long as you find the chest in the first 40 seconds, and its near an entrance, you've got plenty of time to sparrow out and back again to double dip it. I managed to score a purple chest engram and a treasure key.

About 30 minutes ago - I got the Super Good Advice bounty for the FOURTH time this week

I will be done with it as soon as I start playing again after I walk the dog. Sweet sweet free exotic shards.

Of course the only bounty I wasn't carrying was the public event one (since I didn't have room) and I have completed 4 so far. Typical.

And as luck would have it, a severe thunderstorm has spun up out of nowhere, giving me constant brownouts.

Watch Bungie have this hot fixed before my internet stabilizes.

You still live near Dothan? It rained yesterday some, but I don't recall it ever being too over the top.

Also, I think I currently have 3 mission-related heroic bounties that I can knock out today to finally hit level 2 Vanguard.

I've only played about an hour this week.

There is an updated pike near ember caves (where there was a ghost in the cave under the platform) and that mother fucker is a beast.  I basically solo'ed that bounty (using the pike, it's cannon's have splash damage and rb&Lb kick out grenades as well as a quick sideways boost) with my Hunter because my warlock friend shit the bed. 

Got my 3rd mythoclast in the vault...I've beaten Atheon 5 times this week, still haven't beaten Crota the first time....I fucking hate people.  You spend your heavy synth to help them get a chance at an exotic all the while they're like "oh yeah, oh yeah, after we do this we'll finish Crota" then they fuck up running the relic for 30 minutes until I get ahold of it and in three trips through Atheon's ass is ash.  THEN they want to pull some bullshit "well lets run through on normal real quick on my other character"... fuck you asshole... yeah, with a flawless run and nobody fucking off in the middle of the raid, we probably could do it in about 45 minutes, not with this group of taint lickers though. 

I was getting ready to go do the weekly to get my coins when that shit went down too.  It was late & I had work today, so I just said fuck it and shut my 360 down.

Edited by misanthrope304

You still live near Dothan?

Nah, I'm in Mobile. Crazy weather out of nowhere yesterday.

I actually managed to solo one today. Wasn't easy and thank you warlock resurrection! Best way i found was to kill the first wave (they're only level 26) use the 2 (or 3) scorch cannons to take out the next 2 waves from a safe distance then use your rocket launcher of choice to smash the last wave and boss. You cant shoot rockets at the ships to kill everyone on the way down like you can in a normal public event, they are immune till they hit the ground so be aware of that. To be fair though, there was only 1 time when i was on my own. There seem to be so many people doing them at the moment it wont be necessary to solo one.

I soloed the guy who pops up at the Ember Caves earlier. It was pretty easy up until the end, because its easier to manage the scorch cannons and make those shots count when you don't have 5 other dudes fun'n'gunning. It got dicey on the bounty mark because I somehow had NO HEAVY AMMO the whole fight.

The Ember Caves/Citadel circuit is incredible right now. Multiple times I've completed the EC event, done the loop to double dip the chest, then gone to the Citadel to already find the next event in progress.

Bungie must be losing their minds over this.

So I've got about 60 blue engrams, 3 purple and an exotic (from Xur) filling up pretty much every vault space, space on my characters and still some in the post office. Not much more i can do with the game now until Tuesday, all the factions and cryptarch are a few points away from leveling up. Once HoW hits i'll push them all over the edge for that sweet sweet new House of Wolves faction loot. Nearly all the engrams are from the wolves chests. i'm kind of assuming these weren't meant to be farmed, like they should have been 'one and done' until the reset or something after completing the bounties. People with a little too much time on their hands are probably just farming these for purples and keys now until Tuesday comes.

Banged out a Vault, 24 freakin shards and energies, my 10th Warlock helm (what the fuck?) and my 11th sparrow (no serious, what the fuck?). Did a Crota Hard mode and got my 6th Fang (the games just fucking with me now right?) But the Crota fight lasted all of maybe 10 mins, first time we've killed him on attempt one on hard mode. I've still got one VoG and one Crota hard mode to run. But i'll probably just hit up the Gorgon chest checkpoint, then find someone with the Atheon checkpoint looking for more people rather than go through the entire thing. Don't know about another Crota hard run, depends who's about, they can take ages when the game doesn't want to play ball.

All in all a good week for loot finally. 5 exotics, not including the 2 i brought from Xur. I only needed one of the exotic drops but i'll take a spare Ghorn and 3 free shards any week. And my precious Fatebringer. Probably means i'm in for another month of shit drops now though....

yeah, I had to pull all my Titan's exotic & legendary gear onto it so I'd have room for all the blue shit...

edit*

I also got a purple engram yesterday, but the cryptarch was able to decode it (Im pretty sure I got it near one of the queen's bounties, but not out of the chest, although it could have been a drop  during a nightfall I helped out on), it popped into a shitty lmg or something, idk

Edited by misanthrope304

Finally landed some PoE treasure keys.

Now have exactly 3 spaces left for weapon engrams in my vault. Zero for armor.

Going to be infuriating when these don't turn into anything worth a damn.

seems like to me the easiest spot to farm that chest is the Citadel on Venus. 

ALSO, and this is kind of a big deal...if you can field a fireteam of more than 3 people (meaning you have more than 3 people online playing doing the same thing), select Vault of glass on easy, and you can have up to six people on the Queen's Venus mission.  Just leave the area where the spire forms (turn left from spawn) and it takes you straight to the Citadel. 

There's usually a few others around this area Phil.  If you see SlimyElbow or SaggineBo online, send them a party invite, they may have room and it will make this easy.  I think Slimy may have gotten a PoE key, and definitely got a legendary out of the box last night.  They also received the ToO coins from crucible, but I didn't play any of that shit. 

This also seems the easiest spot to repeatedly farm the chest (i.e. get it more than once by leaving the area and coming back).  There was a couple of times I was able to hit it 3 times, and I nearly hit it 4 times until Saggine Bo parked his fucking sparrow crossways of the road on me with 5 seconds left within 20 yards of the box...I did three barrel rolls

Obviously arc weapons are ideal for these kill events. 

We had success with Skywatch for farming a chest last night, 4 times if its in just the right spot. Venus is by far the easiest if you have a team, just sit at least one guy in the ember caves and one in the citadel to call it out and the others can head over.

Did my final Vault of the week and got Praetorian Foil, all i'm missing now is Corrective Measure (and all the Hunter armor once i make one next week). Vaults been good to me this week after time after time of crap. Fatebringer, Praetorian Foil and the last piece of armor for my Titan.

We headed back to Venus for a little Wolf hunt, we did 3, doubled up on each chest and i netted a second key and a 3rd purple engram.

I did the two on Earth today - for some reason no one ever seems to be doing the one on the Forgotten Shores.

I was soloing it until one dude showed up about halfway through. We killed it but couldn't find the chest. Partly due to chaos since the warsat showed up at the same time.

Then went over to Skywatch and that was WAY easier because there were 5 dudes already waiting.

Grabbed the Venus ones and I will probably do those before Payback tonight.

I got nothing of interest except two rare engrams. However due to some other engrams - I got two legendary engrams from the Cryptach since I hit a new level

EDIT - OH! and I was able to double dip on the Skywatch chest. That was was fun - even if the second time just gave me spinmetal and special ammo synth

Yeah, nobody likes the Forgotten Shores event for two reasons:

1. The boss's shield strength and recover is ridiculous.

2. The area is so big, it can take a while to locate the chest, which cuts into your Double Dip Derby time.

Why do that when just the next zone over the boss is a servitor and the area is small enough to at least TRIPLE dip every chest?

I did it for the bounty but will never go back there. And yeah - that was the only area where I have never found the chest.

Knocked out the 4 remaining ones I had - one of the Venus ones was almost cheating for me as I showed at the end of the battle, threw a grenade and got the bounty credit (though I didn't get a key).

The one in the Citadel was absurd since someone decided to trigger the Vex Sacrifices public event at the same time.

Making my new Titan alt mule all these engrams is hilarious. He's got a couple shitty white guns and armor pieces...and a metric ton of blue engrams.

I am fairly sure I will get at least one level if not two when I cash in all these engrams.

Obviously it's all RNG based but from my own experience I've done 6 bounties on each character and maybe 10 or so just for the sake of the grind. So about 30 total. We didn't know about doubling up on the chest for the first lot of bounties but I've managed to triple up on a couple of the later ones. So as a rough estimate I'd say I've probably opened 40-45 chests. In those I've received 3 legendary engrams and 2 keys. You seem to be pretty much guaranteed to get 1-2 blue engrams, at least one synth and some planetary materials. Granted you're not getting vanguard rep from this but if you're just after engrams you're much better off doing this than a roc strike. Especially if they don't patch the double dipping.

Apparently IGN have revealed some info about how the keys are used. You finish the Prison of Elders and the final boss drops a key for the chest. This has a weekly lockout like a normal raid. However if you've found more keys you run PoE again and use your own key to open the chest at the end. That would make sense since they said in the reveal video that there are no checkpoints in the prison. I'm guessing that's to stop people from getting to the final boss, swapping out characters to get the checkpoint, then just repeating the final encounter over and over to use all your keys.

Edit: I should say, that's in no way confirmed, it's just what IGN have said.

So I got how and had an update to download - but the changes won't be active until one purchased HOW

And HOW won't become active until 10 Pacific (1 PM EST)

As part of the announcement the new Nightfall, Weekly, etc... won't start until HOW comes online

And basically - if I am reading correct - even if you don't buy HOW, you know have the stuff clogging up your HD