DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Small clarification on the kills in Nightfall

You can get kills outside of the Restricted Zone - as long as you are killing leveled guys it counts.

Like in the current one - there is a little stretch right after you get into the Hellmouth where the guys are leveled (due to being the Weekly Heroic) that count but are outside the restricted area.

So it is like a guaranteed 6 kills each match - so the grind is a LITTLE easier

When you say "leveled," do you mean the yellow named guys?

Sorta

When you run a level - there are guys that are scaled to the difficulty that you choose.

So if a mission is Level 5 - the guys are Level 5

If you run it on Level 11 - the guys are Level 11.

So in the Nightfall - they are all Level 28

I can't remember if the game codes them in yellow or not like Major and Ultras.

So I guess you could also say that it is "Level 28s count toward the bounty"

Finally bought something from Xur.

Exotic engram, which turned out to be Hunter Gauntlets.

So i sold them, which leveled me up for thr Cryptarch.

Which got me 2 blue engrams and a purple engram.

Luckily, the purple engram was a helmet, which was the last thing i needed to complete my purple armor.

• Like 2

Finally bought something from Xur.

Exotic engram, which turned out to be Hunter Gauntlets.

So i sold them, which leveled me up for thr Cryptarch.

Which got me 2 blue engrams and a purple engram.

Luckily, the purple engram was a helmet, which was the last thing i needed to complete my purple armor.

Engrams are hit or miss. 

I lucked out and got Exotic Gauntlets for my Hunter from the Engram I got from Xur this morning, but the last four Legendary Engrams I have gotten in the field have turned into Warlock items.  My alt is going to walk into a full set of Purple duds when he gets to Level 20.

Argh.

Got kicked out of doing a strike.

Cant get back on.

I noticed that you still have your basic Sparrow.  Next time we are both online, I will take you to all of the Gold Chest spots located in the Cosmodrome.

You are also rolling with the Karuna, Falling jumpship.  Did you scrap Fangs of Nyx?  Why didn't you store it and pass it on to your alt?

Today in "Things Mark does that infuriate JT"

Oh, don't put that all on me and front like you aren't secretly seething when we are all in the middle of a Crucible match and Mark says, "Hey, guess what Cubs just tweeted about the CMLL show?" followed shortly by "Oh, I just died again."

I am surprised that I am still on Mark's Friends List.  I was sure that my tirade during the ill fated Salvage weekend would've at least earned me Block Communications status for a week..

To Mark's credit, he has not joined Team Shiny..

So of course - when I convert the exotic engram from Xur - it is for No Backup Plans.

Which is the one exotic armor I already own.

Well at least I will get a nice reward for breaking it down

Was able to get a few bounties done in the Cosmodrome today and work my way up to level 7.  Did Body Dropper without a problem, finished off the one more patrol I needed for Patrol Cosmodome and Relic Harvest.  During all this, I was in in with a couple guys at Level 27 so basically just stood around as they completed those random timed events that pop up and reaped the rewards.

Now that my auto rifle recoil isn't so damn uncontrollable that I'm actually able to aim a little bit, I'm having a much easier time with things.  I'm still finding melee kills to be my favorite method of attack, and the stronger they're getting, the more I'm loving them.  Got the Knuckleduster bounty right as I signed off so looking forward to doing that one next time I'm on.  

• Like 1

Xur has the Suros Regime.

Fuck.

Yeah.

Except it's 23 SCs, so I'm 4 away. Guess I'll be hitting up destinylfg.com and .net to look to do a level 28 Weekly Strike.

Yeah man, highly recommend that gun.  I just got home yesterday and if my sleep schedule wasn't so screwed up still I'd have played the Weekly with you today.  I think I fell asleep about 10am lol.  

Here's an oddball thing from Xur- I bought the Titan chest piece from him last week, the one that lets you carry two grenades. Was pretty stoked about it and have been trying to level it up.  It had like 104 discipline.  This week he's got the same chest piece...only this one is 134 discipline.  So I guess I'm going to dismantle this fucking thing and rebuy it since that's a pretty big difference it seems like.  

I wish I could buy it, but don't have enough strange coins. Hopefully I can get a good exotic weapon next weekend.

My friend was nice enough to send me a text message earlier today to jump on my PS4 as he was at the very end of a daily heroic. "Are you home? Jump on and get easy shards". Of course we both ended up getting double ascendant energies.

Return of iron banner news in new update

Over the last few weeks, the Tower played host to two events, and we learned a lot from both of them. Queen’s Wrath will be going back into the oven for a while. With Iron Banner, we have been able to move forward quickly with a lot of your feedback. We’d like to give you a look ahead at the next Iron Banner event.

Power Matters (More!)

The goal for Level Advantages in PVP had been to create relatively small advantages that would suffice only to tilt the balance between players of equal skill towards the player of greater achievement, expressed in terms of his gear. But we now believe we have been too conservative, and that small tilts failed to meet anyone’s expectations.

In the next Iron Banner, we will debut a much more dramatic difference between players of wide variation in Level. We will detail the changes in an article of its own to come as soon as we settle on some of the numbers.

Because of this, the next Iron Banner will also require a Fireteam leader to be Level 20 to enter. While lower Level players may join in with their Level 20+ chaperone, they will find it very challenging.

Quitting

The goal of Iron Banner was to create a PVP playlist where players would push their game and their equipment harder than ever. To do so, the emphasis is on winning. But that meant players who found themselves losing would be inclined to leave.

The Iron Lords respect perseverance and tenacity. In the next Iron Banner, players will receive a Medallion of Iron on a loss. Upon their next win, each Medallion they carry will convert into a reputation gain almost equal to a win.

Armor and Weapons

The goal for Iron Banner gear was to provide Armor powerful enough to interest most players after a few weeks of gearing up, and aesthetically appealing to all players. But for very advanced characters, wearing Exotics and Raid gear, the equipment was not powerful enough to consider.

In the next Iron Banner, new exclusive reward Armor will be bumped to Level 30, but will still only be available in two slots. For advanced players, this will make them viable functional or visual sidegrades.

Iron Banner Weapons were already viable sidegrades for all but the most advanced players, but we would like to expand the options available. In the next Iron Banner, the weapon types available will go from two to four, divided between drops on match victory, and purchase from Lord Saladin in the Tower.

Bounties

The goal of Bounties in the Iron Banner is to push players to prove themselves in new ways, while also ensuring that straight-up combat was always valuable to move you towards a higher rank. But some of the Bounties required too much, and were mutually exclusive in a way that made this worse.

In the next Iron Banner, several of these Bounties have been tuned down quite a bit, and overall the value of Bounties has been bumped up. Also, they have been moved onto Lord Saladin, who was getting a little lonely back there with only his gong and dinosaur drawings.

New Feature: Reforging

Timur's Lash (the Hand Cannon available on match victory) was exciting to us because it was able to re-roll its upgrades on each drop, resulting in some unique and excellent configurations. But due to other issues, this was inaccessible to most players.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer players the option of Reforging any Iron Banner weapon (including those from the last event.) This will re-roll all of the upgrades, but will also reset any progression. The cost for each Reforge will be a small number of Motes of Light, so set some aside next time Xur arrives in the Tower.

New Feature: Tempered

With Iron Banner lasting one week, some players with working schedules found themselves unable to even consider reaching a higher rank.

In the next Iron Banner, Lord Saladin will offer a 12-hour buff called Tempered, which will boost Iron Banner reputation gains. As the week goes forward, this boost will be increasingly potent, to help players starting later in the week to catch up. In Iron Banners after the next, we expect that we will further tune these bonuses by increasing their potency, but limiting their effect to lower Ranks.

Iron Banner Reputation Reset

If your eyes just snapped open, relax: Iron Banner reputation isn't resetting. The goal of Iron Banner events is to bring everyone together to play PVP for a week, and our plan had been to reset reputation each event. But this was poorly communicated, and (for reasons listed above) reaching higher ranks took longer than intended.

In the next Iron Banner, you will still have the Rank achieved in the last. But we still want players to come together for at least a few nights of team PVP, including veterans of the last event, so the Iron Banner ranks have been increased to 5. Some of the adjustments above will help players ascend more quickly through these and existing ranks.

In future Iron Banners, we will change over from Reputation to an Event Standing model where ranks are reset, but only after we better tune the effort required to reach the higher ranks.

Disclaimer of Ultimate Dodge

Some of the above changes are still undergoing internal testing, and we may encounter critical issues that force us to postpone a change. We’ll keep you posted.

Got home from work last night logging on to specifically visit Xur for exotic armor and end up blowing my load on the exotic auto rifle. The exotic engram produced armor for my Warlock, which gives me two high level pieces of armor for when he gets to level 20.

• Like 1

You made the right choice.

Played the raid last night. Was in need of shards so of course I got more energies. Got Praedyths revenge which I already have. And got the exotic rocket launcher Truth. That's the 6th legendary/exotic rocket launcher the game has given me in the last couple weeks.

Funny glitch when doing the walker event.

As soonas the clock started, the walker froze. Shooting it registed no damage, but the promopts from ghost still came up.

There were two close down on the ground and then ran up and started dancing on it.

After about 90 second, the time jumped from 4:57 to 3;20 but it had taken all its damage and blew up about 3 seconds later.

Weird, but it finished my bounty. :)

• Like 1

Got some shards from dismantling and from public events so I went material farming. Maxed out my raid boots and exotic helmet and that put me to level 29.

Now I'm working on leveling up the Armamentarium chest piece from Xur and the legendary helmet I got from the vanguard vendor. Just the fact that the chest piece let's me carry an extra grenade and extra heavy ammo is enough but it's also 131 discipline base. Plus that exotic helm I have is all strength and I don't really care about that. And it's geared towards a striker and I usually roll as a defender.

It's only going to be useful if I get the raid chest piece and gauntlets because I will be able to hit level 30 without doing the raid on hard mode.

• Like 2

Found my first rare jumpsuit, the 'Quite Content Damsel'. Ugly shade of bronze, but the description is cool, 'No Knights Please'.

Trying to run through my 25 strikes to get my exotic pulse rifle. Also working on Sunbro (Sungurl? I'm a female Awoken).

I'm way better with my Warlock than I was with my Hunter. Miss the speed boost, though.

Got Pocket Destiny last night (FINALLY!)

I was getting approximately 20 fusion rifle kills per Nightfall attempt so I just spent a hour grinding that.

Got two pieces of legendary/exotic items for a hunter so I guess I have to build a hunter class now too.

Got Pocket Destiny last night (FINALLY!)

I bought nine Blue Fusion Rifles yesterday when Banshee finally had some on sale and progressed to the Kill Shit In A Nightfall Strike portion of that quest, so now I am in search of a proper Fusion Rifle. 

I am now below 5K Glimmer for the first time since I turned Level 20.

As a heads up to all 360 dudes, my homeboy, Brandon, wants to gird up for a run at the VoG starting on Tuesday (10 / 28).  Start time will be 6PM EST.  If we can field a fireteam of six people, we will hit the Vex and go as far as we can until we get to a good stopping point or beat the fucking boss.

Found my first rare jumpsuit, the 'Quite Content Damsel'. Ugly shade of bronze, but the description is cool, 'No Knights Please'.

I passed Rope To Heaven down to my Warlock after I got that ship, but now my Hunter is at the helm of the Eon Trespass.   My Titan pilots the Fangs of Nyx.