DVDVR Message Board

2014 Fantasy Baseball Thread

Kyle Casey

So with the likelihood of Alex Cobb coming off the DL thursday, I need to drop a pitcher to make room for him. Which of the following is the most disposable in a standard rotisserie scoring league?

Tanner Roark

Gavin Floyd

Mike Leake

Drew Pomeranz

I'm leaning towards Roark. Leake may not be getting wins but the rest of his stats are solid. Pomeranz has looked promising in his starts but I don't know much about him. Floyd's been good since coming off the DL but I've had him on my teams before and been disappointed by him in the past.

• 2 weeks later...

I just had this trade vetoed in my league.

I trade Michael Wacha, Charlie Blackmon & Wilin Rosario

I receive Carlos Gomez

Should I bring it up in my league or is it worthy of being vetoed?

I just had this trade vetoed in my league.

I trade Michael Wacha, Charlie Blackmon & Wilin Rosario

I receive Carlos Gomez

Should I bring it up in my league or is it worthy of being vetoed?

This is why I don't like leagues that allow the members to vote on trades. I feel like most of the "no" votes aren't so much because it's an unfair trade but because "this could hurt my chances at winning"

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

In the span of 36 hours - I have had 4 guys go on the DL

With a potential 5th in Homer Bailey (who would even count twice since I have him on two teams)

Stupid everything

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So Danny Santana has been a nice little surprise pickup for me. Good thing, too as I was kind of screwed at SS when Xander fell off a cliff.

How about you guys? What undrafted free agents have you all picked up that you've been pleasantly surprised by?

So Danny Santana has been a nice little surprise pickup for me. Good thing, too as I was kind of screwed at SS when Xander fell off a cliff.

How about you guys? What undrafted free agents have you all picked up that you've been pleasantly surprised by?

In my league I picked up Corey Dickerson just as he got hot (I had Cuddyer, and when he went on the DL I grabbed Dickerson) and I've been very happy with his production thus far. Also nabbed Danny Santana after someone else let him go. 

This is a weird year. In my league Chris Davis, Shin Soo Choo and Brian McCann are all sitting in the free agent pool and nobody wants them (each has been there 2 weeks now). Unthinkable that could happen a year ago.

Also, regarding Taveras: I picked him up and immediately put him on the trade block. Wound up getting Corey Kluber, Dee Gordon and Tyson Ross for Taveras, Charlie Morton and Scooter Gennett. Yeah that guy hates me now.

Also traded another guy Chris Davis, Brandon Belt, James Shields and Addison Reed for Felix Hernandez, Brandon Moss, Kole Calhoun and Lance Lynn. That guy hates me now too.