DVDVR Message Board

Name The Big Men Better Than Mark Henry

1998Vs Ken Shamrock on RawVs Owen Hart on RawAll of the TV matches vs VaderVs Terry FunkVs The Rock at Judgment DayFor some reason a lot of the 99/00 stuff does not stand out. On Metal he had a really good handicap match vs Kaientai. In 02, a Great TV match with Brock Lesnar. Henry carries himself like he is just as big and bad as Brock. In 03 he has the match with Goldberg. When he just swats aside the HBK super kick is a great moment. He was the best part in the Team Austin vs Team Bischoff Survivor Series match. Which I think is the best Survivor Series match ever. My wrestling viewing from 04 to 05 was very foggy.In 06 the Rey matches were top shelf.The matches with Undertaker are all really good. He ended up having some good matches with Angle. Was he injured in 07 because nothing is immediately coming to mind. 08 was the ECW Title run. He has the matches with Matt Hardy, Finlay and had a good match with Tommy Dreamer. He goes to Raw and the only thing from Big Red run that really stands out is a match with Big Show that I think is really good. 

The people who gush over Mark Henry in 2013 are the same type of fan who gushed over Trent Acid and Ric Blade in 2001 - they are trying to go against the grain in my opinion and be into something that most don't like. They are the WORST. 

Not entirely sure what point you're trying to make with that comparison but at the time Trent & Blade were fairly popular with a lot of indy fans, not against the grain picks at all....

• Like 1

Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bam Bam Gordy, Yokozuna, Headhunter A, Headhunter B, Rikishi were all more versatile than Mark Henry and were more able to give a performance that I as paying punter would feel value for money from. 

Mark Henry is only better than Mabel. In fact, "Better than Mabel" should be the subtitle to his 3 disc retrospective which would be such a poor seller that the WWE... wait, maybe there is a reason that the WWE haven't made a video for him in 17 years. it would tank, because nobody really wants to sit down and watch Mark Henry matches. How many of you find yourselves watching random Mark Henry matches on YouTube from ten years ago or longer, like I do say, Bret, Shawn, Angle, Benoit, CM Punk, Malenko, HHH, Undertaker, Booker T, Juventud Guerrera, Chris Jericho, Keiji Muto, Rock, Edge, Cena... yeah if anybody has their hands up, I honestly think they are a liar. 

Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bam Bam Gordy, Yokozuna, Headhunter A, Headhunter B, Rikishi were all more versatile than Mark Henry and were more able to give a performance that I as paying punter would feel value for money from. 

:lol:

Mark Henry is only better than Mabel. In fact, "Better than Mabel" should be the subtitle to his 3 disc retrospective which would be such a poor seller that the WWE... wait, maybe there is a reason that the WWE haven't made a video for him in 17 years. it would tank, because nobody really wants to sit down and watch Mark Henry matches. How many of you find yourselves watching random Mark Henry matches on YouTube from ten years ago or longer, like I do say, Bret, Shawn, Angle, Benoit, CM Punk, Malenko, HHH, Undertaker, Booker T, Juventud Guerrera, Chris Jericho, Keiji Muto, Rock, Edge, Cena... yeah if anybody has their hands up, I honestly think they are a liar. 

:rolleyes:

It's been seven years since the big Mark Henry discussion really blew up around here, and fucking morons still think it's an act.

Yes, I have sat down and watched Henry matches from 10-15 years ago on youtube.  No, I don't give a fuck if you "honestly think" I'm a liar.

• Like 1

I think we need to definitively nail down just what counts as a "big monster".  Height is clearly not a good qualifier; what about weight?  Let's have a minimum weight limit, somewhere around 350-400 pounds.  (With possible exceptions for women, people from smaller-on-average races who don't compete in the USA, and that sort of thing.)  That would nicely clear out all the Gordy types who aren't really right for this discussion.  

How was Gorilla Monsoon as a heel big man?

He seems to fit the category

Not so good.  Gorilla's execution on the moves was often really nice and vicious-looking... though I sometimes wonder if that wasn't just him plain ol' stiffing the shit out of his opponents.  He was an awfully greedy worker, taking the vast majority of the offense and often not even selling and generally making the other guy look like shit.  

I haven't seen a ton of joshi, are/were there any girls over in Japan that would qualify as a Vader/Yoko/Henry type? Granted, they wouldn't be a "Big Manbut would Aja Kong or Monster Ripper be elligible? Kharma, even?

I would take Aja, Bull, and yeah even Kharma over Mark Henry every single day of the week.  (Haven't seen enough prime-era Dump or Monster Rippa to make a good judgement; Jumbo Hori might be in the discussion too.)  

I would really like to see a Mark Henry comp 

Will hasn't made that already?  I would've expected one of those, like, five years ago.  

Vader, Bam Bam Bigelow, Bam Bam Gordy, Yokozuna, Headhunter A, Headhunter B, Rikishi were all more versatile than Mark Henry and were more able to give a performance that I as paying punter would feel value for money from. 

WHOA now.  I barely even like Henry most of the time, find him quite overrated, but that comparison is just silly.  Aside from moonsaults, blood, and the worst cardio in the entire business, what the hell do the Headhunters bring to the table?  

I think we need to definitively nail down just what counts as a "big monster".  Height is clearly not a good qualifier; what about weight?  Let's have a minimum weight limit, somewhere around 350-400 pounds.  (With possible exceptions for women, people from smaller-on-average races who don't compete in the USA, and that sort of thing.)  That would nicely clear out all the Gordy types who aren't really right for this discussion.

Read the first post. I don't think there is a better definition than:

For the purposes of this thread I'm talking about guys who would have had matches with Hulk Hogan or John Cena built around whether or not they could be body slammed.

WHOA now.  I barely even like Henry most of the time, find him quite overrated, but that comparison is just silly.  Aside from moonsaults, blood, and the worst cardio in the entire business, what the hell do the Headhunters bring to the table?  

From the guys demenor if he's not a troll than he's probably one of those internet peeps whos all flips are a sign of work rate DOODZ and think anyone how can't do moonsaults is lame. A sad creature.

People watch Edge matches?

Believe it or not, there's still a LOT of people out there (both mark and smark) who still LOVE Edge and consider him one of the all-time greats.  They just don't post here, or are too quiet to challenge the group opinion.  I still think he was pretty good and don't even comprehend half the complaints made against him.  

Believe it or not, there's still a LOT of people out there (both mark and smark) who still LOVE Edge and consider him one of the all-time greats.  They just don't post here, or are too quiet to challenge the group opinion.  I still think he was pretty good and don't even comprehend half the complaints made against him.  

We are a kind and open bunch. What did he do well? I really just want to do my negative space speech about Henry, but in the meantime, tell us what you think was good about Edge's wrestling.

I thought I would look through OWW to find some potential comp listings for Mark Henry - got a bit a carried away I'm afraid - feel free to tear it apart - I was genuinely surprised about the volume of stuff I vividly remembered once prompted from 2006 onwards: (long list put in spoilers)

§  September 22, 1996 – In Your House X: Mark Henry defeated Jerry “The King” Lawler.

• June 1, 1998 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated Terry Funk.
  • June 8, 1998 RAW: Vader vs. Henry ended in a no contest.
  • July 26, 1998 Fully Loaded: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Vader.
  • October 18, 1998 Judgement Day: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated The Rock with help from D-Lo Brown.
  • November 29, 1998 – HEAT: WWE European Champion X-Pac defeated Mark Henry.
  • December 6, 1998 Capitol Carnage: The New Age Outlaws defeated D-Lo Brown and Mark Henry to retain the Tag Team Titles.
  • December 14, 1998 – RAW: Mark Henry and D-Lo Brown defeated Al Snow and Bob Holly.
  • January 3, 1999 – HEAT: Triple H defeated Mark Henry.
  • January 4, 1999 – RAW: Goldust defeated Mark Henry by DQ.
  • January 17, 1999 – HEAT: Scorpio defeated Mark Henry.
  • May 23, 1999 – Over The Edge: Kane and X-Pac defeated D-Lo Brown and Mark Henry.
  • May 24, 1999 – RAW: Mark Henry and D-Lo Brown defeated The Acolytes.
  • June 26, 1999 – Shotgun Saturday Night: Henry and D-Lo Brown defeated The Hardy Boyz.
  • Mark Henry became infatuated with Chyna, which led to a controversial angle involving a transvestite named Sammy.
  • ~~~Henry was shown receiving ‘implied’ oral sex from Sammy on Television.
  • Summerslam 1999: Henry turned on D-Lo Brown and helped Jeff Jarrett defeat D-Lo for the IC and Euro titles!
  • September 23, 1999 – SmackDown: X-Pac defeated Mark Henry by Count Out.
  • September 26, 1999 – SmackDown: D-Lo Brown defeated Mark Henry to win the WWE European title.
  • September 27, 1999 – RAW: Mark Henry tried to make up with D-Lo Brown.
  • September 30, 1999 – SmackDown: Mark Henry admitted that he’s a sex addict and said he is going to seek professional help!
  • October 7, 1999 – SmackDown: Mark Henry was at his 1st session and admitted than his 1st sexual experience was with his sister!
  • October 28, 1999 – SmackDown: The Hardy Boyz defeated Mark Henry and Viscera.
  • November 13, 1999 Jakked: Crash Holly defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry.
  • November 18, 1999 – SmackDown: Chris Jericho defeated Mark Henry.
  • November 20, 1999 Jakked: D’Lo Brown defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry.
  • December 5, 1999 – HEAT: Taka Michinoku defeated Mark Henry.
  • December 11, 1999 Jakked: Kaientai defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry in a handicap match.
  • February 7, 2000 – RAW: Kurt Angle defeated Mark Henry by DQ.
  • February 13, 2000 – HEAT: The Big Bossman defeated Mark Henry.
  • February 17, 2000 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Crash and Hardcore Holly in a handicap match.
  • February 21, 2000 – RAW: The Acolytes and Mark Henry defeated Hardcore Holly and Crash Holly and Viscera.
  • February 28, 2000 – RAW: Hardcore Champion Crash Holly defeated Mark Henry by DQ.
  • No Way Out 2000: Mark Henry defeated Viscera.
  • March 25, 2000 Jakked: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Viscera.
  • April 9, 2000 – HEAT: Hardcore Champion Crash Holly defeated Mark Henry.
  • Mea Young revealed that she was pregnant with Mark Henry’s baby! Only to give birth to a “hand”!
  • October 27, 2001 – OVW: Mark Henry and Randy Orton defeated Rico Constantino and Prototype in a Non-title match.
  • July 25, 2002 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeats Kurt Angle by DQ when Brock Lesnar interfers.
  • August 1, 2002 – SmackDown: Brock Lesnar defeated Mark Henry.
  • September 5, 2002 – SmackDown: Mark Henry gets a victory over Tajiri.
  • October 3, 2002 – SmackDown: Los Guerreros defeat Mark Henry and RIkishi in a Tag Team title tournament match.
  • August 25, 2003 – RAW: Mark Henry returns to WWE Television as a member of Theodore Long’s group and teams with Rodney Mack.
  • September 15, 2003 – RAW: Rodney Mack and Mark Henry defeated Goldust and Lance Storm.
  • September 22, 2003 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated Tommy Dreamer in a “white boy challenge” issued by Theodore Long.
  • October 6, 2003 – RAW: Bill Goldberg defeated Mark Henry by DQ when Rodney Mack ran down and interfered.
  • ~~~Shawn Michaels ran down for the attempted save, but got accidentally speared by Goldberg!
  • October 13, 2003 – RAW: Bill Goldberg and Shawn Michaels defeated Randy Orton, Ric Flair and Mark Henry in a handicap match.
  • November 3, 2003 – RAW: Shawn Michaels defeated Mark Henry after a little sweet chin music.
  • November 17, 2003 – RAW: Booker T pinned Mark Henry with his feet up on the ropes for leverage.
  • November 24, 2003 – RAW ROULETTE: Mark Henry defeated Booker T in a “Salt Lake City Street Fight”.
  • December 8, 2003 – RAW: Mark Henry/Test/Scott Steiner beat Booker T/Rosey/Hurricane – - Mark Henry dominated the entire match.
  • December 14, 2003 – Armageddon: Booker T defeated Mark Henry w/Theodore Long.
  • Janaury 5, 2004 – RAW: Rob Van Dam defeated Mark Henry in an IC Title #1 Contenders match.
  • Janaury 12, 2004 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated Chris Jericho when the referee was distracted by Jazz and Trish brawling.
  • December 30, 2005 – SmackDown: World’s Strongest Man Mark Henry returned and destroyed Batista with a Gorilla-press Slam!
  • January 6, 2006 – SmackDown: Henry w/Melina Perez defeated three local jobbers in a Gauntlet match.
  • ~~~Later that night: Batista hosted a press conference and denied Melina’s claims and had a confrontation with Mark Henry.
  • ~~~Henry showed up in the main event and used his strength to break into the Steel Cage and destroyed Batista.
  • January 13, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry participated in a 20-Man Battle Royal for the World title (won by Kurt Angle).
  • ~~~Henry was the dominant force in the match, at one point he gorilla pressed Kurt Angle through the announce table!
  • ~~~Henry eliminated Rey Mysterio and thought he won, but then remembered Kurt Angle had not been officially eliminated.
  • ~~~Kurt Angle jumped in the ring and battled Mark Henry for several minuted before dumping him over the top rope to win!
  • January 20, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry w/Melina Perez defeated Rey Mysterio in a #1 Contenders match.
  • January 27, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry w/Daivari defeated Rey Mysterio in a rematch.
  • January 27, 2006 – SmackDown: Kurt Angle applied the Anklelock to Henry, who simply powered out of it!
  • January 29, 2006 – Royal Rumble: Kurt Angle defeated Mark Henry by pin fall to retain the World Heavyweight title!
  • February 3, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry and Randy Orton defeated Rey Mysterio and Kurt Angle.
  • February 10, 2006 – SmackDown: The Undertaker defeated Mark Henry w/Daivari when MNM interfered (Kurt Angle made the save).
  • February 17, 2006 – SmackDown: The Undertaker and Kurt Angle defeated Mark Henry and MNM (Mercury and Nitro w/Melina).
  • March 3, 2006 – SmackDown: The Undertaker defeated Kurt Angle by Disqualification when Mark Henry interfered..
  • ~~~Henry laid Undertaker on the announce table and jumped off the other table splashing Taker through it!!!
  • March 10, 2006 – SmackDown: Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio vs Randy Orton and Mark Henry w/Daivari ended in a No Contest.
  • ~~~Randy Orton came in and RKO’d Kurt Angle and then Mark Henry splashed Kurt Angle through the Table off the second rope!
  • March 17, 2006 – SmackDown: Kurt Angle and Rey Mysterio and Randy Orton defeated Henry and MNM (Mercury and Nitro).
  • March 18, 2006 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: The Undertaker brawled with Mark Henry and tombstoned Daivari on top of the Casket!
  • March 24, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Kurt Angle (Randy Orton interfered, Rey tried to help but accidentall hit Angle!)
  • March 31, 2006 – SmackDown: Henry delivered a eulogy for the Undertaker and proclaimed that he’d end the winning streak!
  • April 2, 2006 – WrestleMania 22: The Undertaker defeated Mark Henry in a Casket match.
  • April 7, 2006 – SmackDown: The Undertaker vs Mark Henry ended in a No Contest when Giant Dalip Singh destoryed Undertaker
  • April 28, 2006 – SmackDown: Bobby Lashley defeated Mark Henry by Countout in the 1st Round of the King of the Ring Tournament.
  • ~~~Henry was a sore loser and attacked Bobby Lashley afterwards and splashed him against the ring post on the ringside floor!
  • ~~~Henry ruined an excellent main event when he interfered in the Rey Mysterio vs Kurt Angle, World championship match.
  • ~~~Mark Henry laid Kurt Angle on a Table and did a crazy running leap off the ring apron crashing Angle through the Table!
  • May 5, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry (JBL’s hired assassin) defeated Rey Mysterio in a Non-title match.
  • May 12, 2006 – SmackDown: Henry demolished Paul Burchill and vowed to give Kurt Angle the same thing at Judgment Day.
  • May 19, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Matt Hardy and destroyed him after the match.
  • May 21, 2005 – Judgment Day: Mark Henry defeated Kurt Angle by Countout after Henry squashed Angle against the ring post.
  • May 26, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry vs Chris Benoit ended in a No Contest after Henry destroyed Benoit and injured him.
  • June 2, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Paul Burchill and destroyed and bloodied him after the match.
  • June 23, 2006 – SmackDown: Rey Mysterio defeated Mark Henry by Disqualification to retain the World Heavyweight title.
  • June 30, 2006 – SmackDown: Mark Henry attacked and destroyed both Chavo Guerrero and World Champion Rey Mysterio.
  • July 7, 2006 – SmackDown: Batista returned and called out Henry and gave him the absolute beating of a life time!
  • July 14, 2006 – SmackDown: Batista and Mark Henry signed their contracts to face each other at The Great American Bash.
  • July 15, 2006 – SNME: Rey Mysterio and Batista and Bobby Lashley defeated King Booker and and Fit Finlay and Mark Henry.
  • May 4, 2007 – SmackDown: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry is on his way back to SmackDown.
  • May 11, 2007 – SmackDown: The Undertaker vs. Batista in a Steel Cage for the World Heavyweight title ended in a draw!
  • ~~~Henry returned to SmackDown and destroyed an already exhausted Undertaker after the match and left him unconscious.
  • ~~~RAW’s Edge showed up and cashed in his Money in the Bank and defeated The Undertaker to win the World Heavywieght title!
  • May 18, 2007 – SmackDown: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Sho Funaki in a total squash match.
  • May 25, 2007 – SmackDown: Batista defeated Fit Finlay and Mark Henry and Kane in a #1 Contenders 4-WAY with Edge watching.
  • June 2, 2007 – Saturday Night’s Main Event: Mark Henry (sub for Vince McMahon) vs. Bobby Lashley ended in a No Contest.
  • ~~~Bobby Lashley fought back and speared Henry but Vince McMahon smashed Lashley with a chair from behind!
  • June 8, 2007 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated The Boogeyman (Mark Henry destroyed Little Boogeyman after the match).
  • Mark Henry began demolishing jobbers week after week and then calling out the Undertaker after each match.
  • July 27, 2007 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Joey Blaylock (aka indy wrestler Joey Ryan) by Submission.
  • August 3, 2007 – SmackDown: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Nate Nickerson by Submission.
  • August 10, 2007 – OVW Six Flags : Paul Burchill defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry in Louisville, Kentucky .
  • August 10, 2007 – SmackDown: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Sterling James Keenan.
  • ~~~After the match: The lights went out and a druid appeared walking away from the ring leaving footprints in sand.
  • August 17, 2007 – SmackDown: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Greg Cardona in a squash match.
  • ~~~Several druids appeared at ringside after the match – but then disappeared, leaving a pile of sand in the isle.
  • August 24, 2007 – SmackDown: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Brad Allen in a squash match.
  • ~~~One of The Undertaker’s trademark intimidation videos played showing an Undertaker symbol being resurrected.
  • August 31, 2007 – SmackDown: Eugene was unceremoniously destroyed by “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry..
  • September 16, 2007 – Unforgiven: The Undertaker defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry in a Grudge match.
  • September 21, 2007 – SmackDown: Batista © vs. Mark Henry ended in a No Contest when The Great Khali interfered.
  • September 28, 2007 – SmackDown: The Undertaker defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry.
  • October 30, 2007 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry defeated Kane and The Great Khali and Big Daddy V. in Monster Mash Battle Royal.
  • November 2, 2007 – SmackDown: The Undertaker and Batista defeated The Great Khali and Mark Henry by DQ after JBL interfered.
  • November 16, 2007 – SmackDown: Batista defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry in the main event.
  • November 23, 2007 – SmackDown: Fit Finlay and Hornswoggle defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry (Handicap).
  • December 4, 2007 – ECW on Sci-Fi: C.M. Punk beat Mark Henry (w/Matt Striker and Big Daddy V.) to retain the ECW World title.
  • ~~~~Henry and Big Daddy V. viciously double-teamed ECW World Champion C.M. Punk until Kane made the big save!
  • December 14, 2007 – SmackDown: The Undertaker defeated Big Daddy V. and Mark Henry w/Matt Striker in a Handicap match.
  • December 16, 2007 – Armageddon: Big Daddy V. and Mark Henry w/Matt Striker defeated C.M. Punk and Kane.
  • December 21, 2007 – SmackDown: Kane and Rey Mysterio and C.M. Punk beat Big Daddy V and Mark Henry and Montel Vontavious Porter.
  • December 24, 2007 – RAW in IRAQ: Rey Mysterio defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry.
  • January 4, 2008 – SmackDown: The Undertaker vs. Mark Henry was a draw when referee Matt Striker refused to count three.
  • January 8, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Colin Delaney in a squash match.
  • January 18, 2008 – SmackDown: Batista defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry.
  • February 1, 2008 – SmackDown: The Undertaker and Kane defeated Mark Henry and Big Daddy V. w/Matt Striker.
  • February 11, 2008 – RAW: John Cena defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry with Randy Orton joining commentary.
  • February 12, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: C.M. Punk defeated Henry by DQ after Mark refused to relinquish a hold on Punk.
  • March 10, 2008 – RAW: The Undertaker defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry in a Casket Match (WM 22 Rematch).
  • April 22, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Nunzio in a squash match.
  • May 2, 2008 – SmackDown: “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated ECW’s Nunzio (with The Big Show in his corner).
  • ~~~The Big Show prevented a post-match beat-down and told Mark Henry “Why don’t you pick on someone your own size?”
  • May 16, 2008 – SmackDown: The Big Show and Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle defeated Montel Vontavious Porter and Mark Henry..

§  June 10, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: Henry issued a challenge to whoever is ECW World champion after Night of Champions.

§  June 13, 2008 – SmackDown: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated ECW’s Tommy Dreamer in a squash match.

§  June 17, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: A confrontation between ECW champion Kane and The Big Show was interrupted by Mark Henry.

§  June 23, 2008 – 2008 WWE Draft: Triple H (RAW) defeated Mark Henry (SmackDown) to earn a draft pick for RAW.

§  June 24, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: Henry defeated ECW Champion Kane in a Non-title match (with Big Show doing commentary).

World Wrestling Entertainment – Drafted to ECW + ECW World Champion:

§  June 25, 2008: Mark Henry was drafted to ECW via the WWE.com supplemental draft series.

§  June 27, 2008 – SmackDown: The Big Show and Kane defeated Mark Henry and Montel Vontavious Porter in a tag team match.

§  June 29, 2008 – Night of Champions: Mark Henry defeated Kane © and The Big Show in a 3-WAY to win the ECW World title

• July 1, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Colin Delaney w/Tommy Dreamer..
  • July 8, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: ECW World champion Mark Henry vs. Tommy Dreamer w/Colin Delaney ended in a No Contest.
  • ~~~Tony Atlas (Tommy Dreamer’s mentor) was the ring announcer, but attacked Colin Delaney and distracted Tommy Dreamer.
  • July 15, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: Tazz interviewed ECW World champion Mark Henry and his new manager Tony Atlas in the ring.
  • ~~~Mark Henry performed a feat of strength by bending a frying pan with his bare hands – until Tommy Dreamer interrupted.
  • ~~~Tommy Dreamer said it was impressive and he wanted to try. Dreamer failed but whacked Mark Henry with the frying pan!
  • July 20, 2008 – Great American Bash: Mark Henry defeated Tommy Dreamer w/Colin Delaney to retain the ECW World title.
  • ~~~Colin Delaney turned heel on Tommy Dreamer and helped Henry win the match and retain the ECW championship.
  • July 29, 2008 – ECW on Sci Fi: Matt Hardy defeated Colin Delaney (with Mark Henry and Tony Atlas watching from the stage).
  • August 17, 2008 – SummerSlam: Matt Hardy defeated ECW World champion Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas by DQ in 30-seconds.
  • ~~~Henry and Tony Atlas double-teamed Matt Hardy after the match until Matt’s brother, Jeff Hardy, came to the rescue!
  • August 19, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Matt Hardy in a rematch to retain the ECW World title:
  • September 7, 2008 – Unforgiven: Matt Hardy won the ECW Championship Scramble to capture the ECW World title!
  • September 16, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle in the main event.
  • October 5, 2008 – No Mercy: Matt Hardy defeated Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas to retain the ECW World title..
  • October 7, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Jamie Noble after four World’s Strongest Slams!
  • October 21, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Evan Bourne beat Mark Henry (w/Tony Atlas) and Fit Finlay (w/Hornswoggle) in a 3-WAY..
  • November 4, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle defeated Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas in a #1 Contenders match.
  • November 25, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle vs. Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas ended in a No Contest..
  • November 29, 2008 – WWE Live: Matt Hardy defeated Mark Henry w/Atlas in a Extreme Rules match to retain the ECW World title.
  • December 2, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry and Tony Atlas challenged Fit Finlay and Hornswoggle to a mixed tag team match..
  • December 9, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry and Tony Atlas defeated Fit Finlay and Hornswoggle in a mixed tag team match..
  • December 14, 2008 – Armageddon: Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle defeated Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas in a Belfast Brawl..
  • December 16, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry (w/Tony Atlas) did a Holiday-themed poem threatening to “splatter” Hornswoggle.
  • December 30, 2008 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry defeated ECW World champion Matt Hardy by DQ when Jack Swagger interfered!
  • January 6, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Matt Hardy defeated Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas to retain the ECW World title.
  • January 16, 2009 – SmackDown: Matt Hardy and Fit Finlay w/Hornswoggle beat Jack Swagger and Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas..
  • January 20, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: John Morrison defeated Mike Mizanin and Fit Finlay and Mark Henry in a Fatal Fourway.
  • January 27, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Tommy Dreamer.
  • January 30, 2009 – SmackDown: The Undertaker defeated Mark Henry by Submission in an Elimination Chamber Qualifying Match.
  • February 9, 2009 – RAW: “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Shawn Michaels by DQ..
  • March 17, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Shelton Benjamin and Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Christian and Montel Vontavious Porter.
  • April 7, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Fit Finlay defeated Mark Henry (pinned) and Tommy Dreamer and Christian in an Elimination Chase.
  • May 5, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: ECW World champion Christian vs. Mark Henry ended in a No Contest when Jack Swagger interfered.
  • ~~~MAIN EVENT: Jack Swagger and Mark Henry defeated Christian and Tommy Dreamer in an impromtu tag team match.
  • May 12, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Tommy Dreamer..
  • May 14, 2009 – WWE Superstars: Christian defeated “The World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry.
  • May 26, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Evan Bourne defeated “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas by Countout.
  • June 2, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Evan Bourne defeated Mark Henry by DQ after some botched interference by Tony Atlas.
  • June 9, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Evan Bourne defeated Tony Atlas (Mark Henry gave Bourne a post match beat-down).
  • June 16, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Evan Bourne followed by a post-match World’s Strongest Slam!
  • June 23, 2009 – ECW on Sci-Fi: Jack Swagger and Mark Henry w/Tony Atlas defeated Tommy Dreamer and Christian.
  • June 29, 2009 – RAW: Henry was traded to RAW by Donald Trump and used in a 3-on-1 Gauntlet against Randy Orton.
  • ~~~Randy Orton beat Evan Bourne | | Randy Orton beat Jack Swagger | | Mark Henry beat Randy Orton! (Non-title Match)
  • July 6, 2009 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated Cody Rhodes by Countout.
  • July 13, 2009 – RAW: “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Chris Jericho by intentional Countout.
  • July 20, 2009 – RAW: “World’s Strongest Man” Mark Henry defeated Chris Jericho by Disqualification.
  • September 13, 2009 – WWE Breaking Point: Chris Jericho and The Big Show defeated MVP and Mark Henry to retain the Tag Team titles!
  • ~~~Trish Stratus and Montel Vontavious Porter and Mark Henry defeated Beth Phoenix and Chris Jericho and The Big Show!
  • September 21, 2009 – RAW: Randy Orton and Chris Jericho and Big Show beat John Cena and Montel Vontavious Porter and Mark Henry.
  • September 28, 2009 – RAW: Chris Jericho and The Big Show defeated MVP and Mark Henry to retain the Unified Tag Team titles.
  • October 5, 2009 – RAW: Montel Vontavious Porter and Mark Henry defeated Chavo Guerrero and Chris Masters in a tag team match.
  • October 15, 2009 – WWE Superstars: Mark Henry defeated “The Masterpiece” Chris Masters..
  • October 19, 2009 – RAW: DX ordered Team RAW to wrestle a 10-Man tag where if one got pinned they’d be replaced by that person.
  • ~~~The Big Show and M.Henry and K.Kingston and J.Swagger and C.Rhodes beat MVP and E.Bourne and C.Guerrero and C.Masters and Primo.
  • November 9, 2009 – RAW: Randy Orton (w/Ted DiBiase Jr. and Cody Rhodes) defeated Mark Henry (w/MVP and Kofi Kingston).
  • November 15, 2010 – Old School RAW: WWE Intercontinental champion Dolph Ziggler defeated “Sexual Chocolate” Mark Henry.
  • January 10, 2011 – RAW: Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan w/the Bella twins defeated Tyson Kidd and Ted DiBiase Jr. w/Maryse.
  • January 24, 2011 – RAW: King Sheamus and Alberto Del Rio w/Ricardo Rodriguez defeated Mark Henry and John Morrison.
  • February 21, 2011 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated King Sheamus in a grudge match with a World’s Strongest Slam.
  • April 25, 2011 – RAW: Mark Henry was drafted to SmackDown.
  • ~~~Mark Henry competed in a SmackDown vs RAW Battle Royal which was won by The Big Show and Kofi Kingston.
  • ~~~The Miz and Alberto Del Rio and C.M. Punk defeated John Cena and Mark Henry and Christian after Mark Henry turned on his team.
  • April 29, 2011 – SmackDown: Rey Mysterio defeated Mark Henry by DQ after Cody Rhodes attacked Rey.
  • May 6, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry interrupted Christian’s promo asking for a World Heavyweight title shot.
  • May 13, 2011 – SmackDown: Christian and World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton defeated Mark Henry and Sheamus.
  • May 20, 2011 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton defeated Mark Henry in a non title match by DQ.
  • June 3, 2011 – SmackDown: Christian defeated Mark Henry.
  • June 17, 2011 – SmackDown: Teddy Long announced that Mark Henry will be The Big Show’s opponent.
  • ~~~Mark Henry vs. Big Show did not officially start as Big Show attacked Mark Henry before the match started.
  • ~~~Henry ended up being carried out on a stretcher.
  • June 19, 2011 – Capitol Punishment: Mark Henry attacked Big Show before the Big Show vs. Alberto Del Rio match.
  • ~~~Henry threw Big Show over the announcer’s table then slammed him through the Spanish announce table!!!
  • June 20, 2011 – RAW: Kane defeated Mark Henry via DQ in a Power to the People Choice match.
  • ~~~(52% of the fans chose an Arm Wrestling match; Henry reached over and hit Kane to cause the DQ);
  • ~~~After the match Mark Henry put Kane through the table with The World’s Strongest Slam!!!!
  • June 24, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry and Christian defeated World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton and Kane.
  • July 1, 2011 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton defeated Mark Henry via countout.
  • ~~~Big Show’s music played but no one came out then Randy Orton hit an RKO on Henry outside of the ring for the countout .
  • ~~~After the match; Mark went over to the production area and wanted to know why they played the music and cost him the match.
  • ~~~Mark knocked over some monitors, and flipped over a table and then threw the sound guy over the equipment and to the concrete floor!
  • July 8, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Kane.
  • July 15, 2011 – SmackDown: Teddy Long arranged a face-off for Mark Henry and The Big Show and told them to control their tempers.
  • July 17, 2011 – Money in the Bank: Mark Henry defeated The Big Show.
  • ~~~After the match Mark Henry grabbed a chair and crushed Big Show’s ankle inside of it.
  • ~~~Mark Henry jumped off the second rope and connected with a body splash over Big Show’s ankle!
  • July 22, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry comes out and Kane tried to fight him off but Mark Henry attacked Kane’s ankle.
  • ~~~Mark wrapped Kane’s ankle in a steel chair and crushed it just like he did to the Big Show at Money In The Bank.
  • July 29, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Bobby Howard – (Teddy Long came out and said nobody wants to fight Mark Henry).
  • ~~~Sheamus then came out and said that he’ll fight – then slapped Mark Henry, who charged toward him but Sheamus scared him off!
  • August 5, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Vladimir Kozlov.
  • ~~~After the match; Mark Henry grabbed a chair and put it around and hit a splash from the second rope on the chair!
  • August 12, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry threatened to end Johnny Curtis’ career the same day it begins.
  • ~~~Mark Henry defeated Johnny Curtis; After the match Henry grabbed a chair but Sheamus ran out and Henry walked off.
  • ~~~Sheamus offered to settle their differences but Mark pulled Johnny Curtis out of the ring and hits the World’s Strongest Slam!
  • August 14, 2011 – Summerslam: Mark Henry defeated Sheamus via countout.
  • ~~~The two were fighting outside the ring until Mark Henry rammed Sheamus through the ring barricade, breaking it down.
  • August 19, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry won a 20 man Battle Royal to become the #1 contender for the World Heavyweight Title
  • August 26, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry said that he wanted the winner of the Steel Cage Match for the World Heavyweight Title.
  • ~~~Sheamus came out and compared Mark Henry to a bull and threatened to castrate him tonight! Then they got into a brief brawl.
  • ~~~Sheamus defeated Mark Henry via countout (Sheamus hit a Brogue Kick sending Mark Henry over the announcers table);
  • August 29, 2011 – RAW: Mark Henry came out to confront John Cena and told him that he will enter the “Hall of Pain”.
  • ~~~John Cena and Sheamus defeated Mark Henry and Christian in the main event tag team match.
  • August 30, 2011 – Super SmackDown: After Randy Orton retained the World Heayvweight title against Christian in a Steel Cage Match.
  • ~~~Mark Henry came out and entered the cage. Orton tried to fight him off but Henry assaulted Orton and hit a World’s Strongest Slam!
  • September 9, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry said that at Night of Champions Randy Orton will be the next inductee in the “Hall of Pain”.
  • ~~~Mark Henry attacked Assistent G.M. Zack Ryder and hit the World’s Strongest Slam – - – Mark Henry defeated Ezekiel Jackson
  • ~~~After Randy Orton’s match with Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry came out and blocked an RKO and hit the World’s Strongest Slam twice!
  • September 12, 2011 – RAW: Mark Henry distracted Randy Orton allowing Cody Rhodes to hit Orton with his face mask and get the win.
  • ~~~ After the match Henry hit Orton over the back with a chair and grabbed the belt to raise it in the air then layed it over Orton.
  • September 16, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark Henry and World Heavyweight champion Randy Orton talked about their upcoming title match.
  • September 18, 2011 – Night of Champions: Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton to become the NEW World Heavyweight Champion!
  • ~~~Josh Matthews tried to interview him but Henry pulled the mic away and told the fans to stop cheering since they were all haters!
  • September 19, 2011 – RAW: Jim Ross interviewed Mark Henry, who talked about how he has never been in a Hell in a Cell match.
  • ~~~Mark Henry ordered JR to apologize on the haters behalf. Then Henry began to choke JR until Jerry Lawler came to his rescue.
  • ~~~Mark Henry let him go but said that Lawler will take his place – then World Strongest Slammed the King threw the announce table!
  • September 23, 2011 – SmackDown: Mark cut a promo about nobody ever believing that he would become World Heavyweight champion.
  • ~~~Mark Henry defeated Christian with the World’s Strongest Slam in a Lumberjack match to retain the World Heavyweight Title.
  • ~~Randy Orton ran out and stared down Mark Henry. Orton went for an RKO but Henry blocked then Orton dropkicked him out of the ring!
  • September 26, 2011 – RAW: World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry vs. The Great Khali never got started as Mark assaulted Khali.
  • September 30, 2011 – SmackDown: Booker T interviewed World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry.
  • ~~~World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry defeated Great Khali in a Non-title match (Henry then crushed Khali’s ankle in a chair!)
  • ~~~After Orton’s match with Christian, Mark ran out and Orton went for the RKO but Henry blocked it and hit the World’s Strongest Slam!
  • ~~~ Mark Henry grabbed a chair from outside of the ring and as he was entering the ring Randy Orton hit the RKO out of nowhere.
  • October 2, 2011 – Hell in a Cell: Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton in a Hell in a Cell match to retain the World Heavyweight Championship.
  • ~~~ After the match the cell raised up after Mark Henry left but he turned back and grabbed a chair and hit Randy Orton with the WSS.
  • ~~~ Then Henry tried to crush Orton’s ankle inside a chair but Orton escaped. They fought until Henry connected with another WSS.
  • ~~~ Mark Henry then took Jerry “The King” Lawler and hit him with The World’s Strongest Slam through the announce table!!
  • October 3, 2011 – RAW: Mark Henry came out and raised the title in the air to rub it in Randy Orton’s face.
  • ~~~Randy ran up the ramp and fought with Henry on the stage, where Orton knocked Henry over the barriage to the arena floor.
  • ~~~LATER: World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry defeated John Morrison in a non-title match.
  • ~~~World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry was among many WWE employees that walked out on WWE COO Triple H.
  • October 7, 2011 – SmackDown: The Big Show challenged Mark Henry to a World Heavyweight title match but Mark denied the request.
  • ~~~The Big Show then viciously attacked Mark Henry. Teddy Long said Big Show would get his match if he stopped his onslaught.
  • October 10, 2011 – RAW: Randy Orton defeated World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry via DQ when Cody Rhodes broke up the pin.
  • ~~~ Afterwards the two double teamed Orton, and Henry hit the World’s Strongest Slam twice – then Cody hit the Cross Rhodes!
  • October 14, 2011 – SmackDown: Randy Orton beat World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry by DQ when Cody Rhodes attacked Orton.
  • ~~~Afterwards; Henry and Rhodes double teamed Orton until The Big Show ran out and attacked Henry then pushed Rhodes into an RKO.
  • October 21, 2011 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry defeated John Morrison in a non-title match.
  • ~~~After Big Show’s match with WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio, Mark Henry ran out only for Big Show to hit him with a WMD.
  • October 23, 2011 – Vengeance: World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry vs. Big Show ended in a No Contest.
  • ~~~The match ended when Mark Henry superplexed The Big Show off the top rope and caused the ring to collapse.
  • ~~~The Big Show was carried off in an ambulance while Mark Henry was carried out by WWE officials and EMTs.
  • October 28, 2011 – SmackDown: Big Show said that Teddy Long assured him that he will receive a rematch in the future with Mark Henry.
  • ~~~Mark Henry came out and said that Big Show will not receive a rematch. Big Show challenged him to a fight but Mark walked off.
  • November 4, 2011 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry defeated Daniel Bryan by DQ in a non-title match.
  • November 11, 2011 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry defeated Daniel Bryan in a non-title match.
  • November 14, 2011 – RAW: WWE Champion Alberto Del Rio and World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry defeated The Big Show and CM Punk.
  • November 29, 2011 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight Champion Mark Henry defeated Daniel Bryan in a steel cage match to retain the title.
  • December 12, 2011 – RAW: World Heavyweight champion Mark Henry vs. John Cena ended in a No Contest.
  • January 2, 2012 – RAW: John Cena, Zack Ryder and The Big Show defeated Jack Swagger, Mark Henry and Kane (No Show).
  • January 16, 2012 – RAW: Mark Henry, David Otunga and Dolph Ziggler defeated WWE Champion CM Punk, Daniel Bryan and Chris Jericho via referee reverse decision.
  • January 20, 2012 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan vs Mark Henry in a lumberjack match ended in a no contest.
  • January 27, 2012 – SmackDown: The Big Show defeated Mark Henry via count-out.
  • January 29, 2012 – Royal Rumble: World heavyweight champion Daniel Bryan defeated Mark Henry and The Big Show in a 3-way steel cage match to retain the title.
  • February 20, 2012 – RAW: Sheamus defeated Mark Henry.
  • February 21, 2012 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated The Big Show.
  • February 27, 2012 – RAW: The Big Show and Sheamus defeated Mark Henry and Cody Rhodes.
  • March 2, 2012 – RAW: The Big Show defeated Mark Henry.
  • March 9, 2012 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Ezekiel Jackson.
  • March 12, 2012 – RAW: David Otunga and Mark Henry defeated Santino Marella and Aksana.
  • March 16, 2012 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Yoshi Tatsu.
  • March 19, 2012 – RAW: John Cena defeated Mark Henry.
  • March 23, 2012 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated R-Truth.
  • March 26, 2012 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated The Great Khali.
  • April 1, 2012 – Wrestlemania 28: Team Johnny (Mark Henry, David Otunga, Dolph Ziggler, Christian, The Miz, and Jack Swagger) defeated Team Teddy (Santino Marella, Kofi Kingston, R-Tuth, Zack Ryder, Great Khali, and Booker T) to give John Laurinaitis full control of WWE television.
  • April 2, 2012 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated WWE Champion CM Punk by coun-out.
  • April 9, 2012 – RAW:  Mark Henry defeated WWE Champion CM Punk by DQ.
  • April 10, 2012 – SmackDown: Randy Orton vs Mark Henry ended in a no contest.
  • April 16, 2012 – RAW: C.M. Punk defeated Mark Henry to retain the WWE Championship. 
  • April 20, 2012 – SmackDown: Randy Orton, The Big Show and Sheamus defeated Daniel Bryan, Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry.
  • April 27, 2012 – SmackDown: World Heavyweight Champion Sheamus defeated Mark Henry to retain the title.
  • February 4, 2013 – RAW: Mark Henry returns to the WWE.
  • February 8, 2013 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton to qualify for the Elimination Chamber.
  • February 11, 2013 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated the Great Khali.
  • February 15, 2013 – SmackDown: Mark Henry defeated Randy by disqualification.
  • February 17, 2013 – Elimination Chamber: Jack Swagger defeated Chris Jericho, Kane, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, and Mark Henry in an Elimination Chamber match.  Swagger is now the #1 contender for the WWE world heavyweight championship.
  • February 18, 2013 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated Sin Cara.
  • February 25, 2013 – RAW: Mark Henry defeated The Great Khali.
  • pril 19, 2013 – SmackDown – Big Show and Mark Henry defeated Randy Orton and Sheamus.
  • May 17, 2013 – SmackDown: Alberto Del Rio, Sheamus, and Randy Orton defeated Jack Swagger, Big Show, and Mark Henry in a 6-man tag team match.
  • May 19, 2013 – Extreme Rules: Sheamus defeated Mark Henry in a strap match.
  • July 14, 2013 – Money in the Bank: WWE champion John Cena defeated Mark Henry to retain the title.

We are a kind and open bunch. What did he do well? I really just want to do my negative space speech about Henry, but in the meantime, tell us what you think was good about Edge's wrestling.

Why should I have to defend my opinion?  At all?  That's one of the problems with this folder and PWO and everywhere else the same group posts: anytime that someone says "well, I like Workrate Pariah #1" the inevitable response is "You need to give us a long super-detailed list of every single reason you like the guy, and NAME YOUR SOURCES, and then we'll respond by point-by-point telling you how you're completely wrong, sometimes doing so in a rather condescending or scornful fashion."  With attitudes like that in place, is it any fucking wonder that anyone who holds unpopular opinions would keep their mouth shut?  

The trouble is that I'm nowhere near as articulate when it comes to discussing a wrestler's individual traits; as opposed to, say, that of a movie.  With Edge, it's mostly "uh... I think everything he did was pretty entertaining, and I never thought he had any deal-breaking flaws" and doesn't go much further than that.  When others would complain about his allegedly terrible offense (some literally claiming he had the worst offense in the entire WWE), it's like we're literally looking at two different guys because I don't see it at all.