DVDVR Message Board

YOUR 2014 Omnibus Festival Thread

Casey

I don't know if you've seen the schedule, but the late night metal tent is a perfect fit for this year. I think, anyway. The people that will go to those shows most likely won't be seeing too much during the day. Come to think of it, the schedule is kind of odd.

But, hey, Frank Ocean late night set! Fuck yeah!

They'll be angry about having to wait around during two hours of Kanye, for sure.

The only thing that interests me that late night is the Mystery Superjam, so I could see being at the Metal tent for a bit. Then again, I may not be going unless someone pulls through for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only thing interesting on Blue Stage is Girl Talk, but that's because I have not experienced them before. I would maybe catch Atmosphere too if he was not conflicting with someone else.

The only thing interesting on Blue Stage is Girl Talk, but that's because I have not experienced them before. I would maybe catch Atmosphere too if he was not conflicting with someone else.

This is actually Girl Talk's third time at FFF. First time was in 2006 or so and was really fun, pretty small. Headlined a couple years back and it had turned into giant teenage EDM shitshow. For blue stage, I would see Nas and Gary Numan and maybe Run the Jewels.

Dope shit on the blue stage:

-Flying Lotus, on account of being Flying Lotus.

-2 Chainz, who probably puts on a great live show in lieu of having memorable bars

-Freddie Gibbs and Madlib, which WHY DO I NEED TO SELL YOU ON THIS

-Lunice, who is half of TNGHT, who are amazing

-Cities Aviv, who has one of my favorite beats this year and an album that basically sounds like that.

Also, Fat White Family is a hell of a pull and I am so glad that people are going to get exposed to them. The grossest of pop.

also also, sick of it all.

• 3 weeks later...

I could not afford to pull off Roo this year. I know. I am super depressed about this subject. It has strengthened my resolve to pull it off next year with maybe even a VIP upgrade (actual toilets, you say?).

I hope everyone going has a fantastic time. Happy Bonnaroo! I wish I was high fiving people on the way to the arch.

Also, I may try to pull off Music Midtown this year. Not the same experience, but it is an inexpensive festival.

TRISTOF!! HELP ME!!

My plans cleared up and I'm about to do something stupid!!!  Can you give me any info on what the scalpers are asking for right now?  Know any locals with two tickets for sale?

TRISTOF!! HELP ME!!

My plans cleared up and I'm about to do something stupid!!!  Can you give me any info on what the scalpers are asking for right now?  Know any locals with two tickets for sale?

You can buy them at the gate for full price I think. ALso, you need to make sure the wristbands are not registered.

If you check Nashville's craigslist, there are a couple of guys saying they have bands outside the Kangaroo gas station in Manchester.

The one guy from yesterday sounded possibly legit.

All about registering the ticket before the hand off.  There are some in murfreesborro offering for 250 each, but that seems steep given the time.  

Still looking around, but will probably leave Southern IL in the next 3 hours with or without a ticket. LOL 

All about registering the ticket before the hand off.  There are some in murfreesborro offering for 250 each, but that seems steep given the time.  

Still looking around, but will probably leave Southern IL in the next 3 hours with or without a ticket. LOL 

Yeah,

I am debating about seeing if I can find some for Saturday at around $100 and just take in the last two days. I am that desperate to at least take in the farm for a piece of this festival.

True, the only downside is that the better parts of the lineup were really today and tomorrow. There are acts I could see on Saturday and Sunday, but those were my days with the least Conflicts/needing to hustle from one end of Centeroo to the other.

EDIT: Saturday Specifically I could easily just see First Aid Kit and then get in the pit line for Jack White.  Not much else really on the "have to see list."

Sunday is a little different.

I dug the Kanye crazyness, but yeah JACK WHITE just put on an all time classic Roo headliner set.

He went 45 over and played some super awesome stripes cuts. I expected it to be a loud tour, but didn't expect him to bust out Astro or Little Bird etc.

1. Ty Segall

2. James Blake

3. Kanye West

4. Frank Ocean

5. Damon Albarn

What a fucking weekend, holy shit. Kanye was exactly what I expected and a little bit more. Just so much fun. Plus, I saw Kim Kardashian's ass live and in person - a few feet away, walking out right before the encore. So, there was that. And running into (literally) the guys from Cage the Elephant.

Amos Lee just seems like an insanely fun live show. He is a guy I have been meaning to see for some time. He busted out the Game of Thrones theme at the end of his set, which was really cool. The band also apparently likes to bridge into many covers. 

1. Jack White

2. Derek Trucks SUPERJAM!!

3. Kanye West

4. Janelle Monae

5. Damon Albarn

The top 4 are set in stone, but there are really like 5 shows I could put in that last spot.  

Really wish I could have seen a little more of Frank Ocean's set, but Jack's billion song encore made that impossible.  I made it to Frank's show right when Pyramids was starting up.  Sounded pretty good, but i needed to be a little closer to block out the Centeroo buzz.  They really need to cut the sound out of everything not associated with a show.

I had to miss Elton because my friend needed to get back for a job interview (bet that was fun, LOL).  Horrible, but it had to be done.

'lest we forget Damon bringing out De La Soul and Del Tha Funky Homosapien. And having a brass band. And a mini orchestra. Dude deserves our #5 spots! :P

Frank Ocean was nuts, and insanely good. At first I was stuck behind the handicap seating, which was fine. I had a good view, even if it was shoulder-to-shoulder packed. Then the show started and it was like a bumrush to get closer, which I don't see how that was possible. It was already so tightly packed. Oceanmania, son.

• Like 1

'lest we forget Damon bringing out De La Soul and Del Tha Funky Homosapien. And having a brass band. And a mini orchestra. Dude deserves our #5 spots! :P

Frank Ocean was nuts, and insanely good. At first I was stuck behind the handicap seating, which was fine. I had a good view, even if it was shoulder-to-shoulder packed. Then the show started and it was like a bumrush to get closer, which I don't see how that was possible. It was already so tightly packed. Oceanmania, son.

I really dislike the tent stages... especially when both main stages are not open.

If you do not get under the tent or get a good vantage from the sides, you cannot see anything. The Other Tent maybe the only exception because the grass slopes upward, but that depends on the sun and the time of day. Also, Roo 2013 had a terrible lineup at The Other Tent.