DVDVR Message Board

UFC 168: Weidman vs. Silva II (12/28/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (MGM Grand Garden Arena)

Elsalvajeloco

I can't even see new stars on the horizon. Everyone is so MMA-ish, with the embarrassing tattoos and the good at everything, excellent at nothing skillset. Ronda and Bones are the exception and everyone fucking hates them. UFC is going to take a big step back for the next two years.

And no one hates Floyd? The only guy (besides GSP) who went past 600k this year in combat sports. Twice.

Ronda's looks will cancel out her being a bitch sometimes for the most part. She will still get some shine in the media.

Floyd is the biggest star in combat sports, Ronda and Bones are middling stars in a sport most people shit on. It doesn't equate.

Dude, this ain't pro wrestling. You need people to DRAW, period. Not be a babyface/heel. Everyone FUCKING hates Adrien Broner but he is the only one (besides Canelo) that gets Showtime even comparable ratings with HBO.

What does any of that have to do with anything I said? Middling stars, sport everyone shits on. I don't care about faces/heels.

You know damn well what you said didn't make a lick of sense. The sport still outdraws boxing and pro wrestling in buyrates. That's not even a debate.

I feel so bad for Anderson. I thought he was looking really good in that fight. It was refreshing to see him with laser sharp focus and then...fuck. At this point, fuck fighting, I'm hoping he'll be able to walk right again after his leg went all Cory Hill.

If Jones continues to win over, and over again he'll eventually get the GSP, and Silva Mystique.

Until he snaps his leg.  Seriously, I always feared Jones would be the one to snap one of his skinny legs like that.  

If Jones continues to win over, and over again he'll eventually get the GSP, and Silva Mystique.

Until he snaps his leg.  Seriously, I always feared Jones would be the one to snap one of his skinny legs like that.  

Well he already snapped his toe.

Meh, I love Rhonda's crazy ass. Used to like Miesha too until she started coming off fake as hell before and during TUF. Rousey kicking her ass was joyous to watch especially with the drunk assholes at BWW getting mad because Tate got dominated.

Also, while I was pulling for Weidman to win, it was pretty terrible to see Anderson lose like that. Especially considering there was one asshole who was running around cheering for 15 minutes like it was the best thing ever that the man broke his leg.

I can't even see new stars on the horizon. Everyone is so MMA-ish, with the embarrassing tattoos and the good at everything, excellent at nothing skillset. Ronda and Bones are the exception and everyone fucking hates them. UFC is going to take a big step back for the next two years.

And no one hates Floyd? The only guy (besides GSP) who went past 600k this year in combat sports. Twice.

Ronda's looks will cancel out her being a bitch sometimes for the most part. She will still get some shine in the media.

Floyd is the biggest star in combat sports, Ronda and Bones are middling stars in a sport most people shit on. It doesn't equate.

Dude, this ain't pro wrestling. You need people to DRAW, period. Not be a babyface/heel. Everyone FUCKING hates Adrien Broner but he is the only one (besides Canelo) that gets Showtime even comparable ratings with HBO.

What does any of that have to do with anything I said? Middling stars, sport everyone shits on. I don't care about faces/heels.

You know damn well what you said didn't make a lick of sense. The sport still outdraws boxing and pro wrestling in buyrates. That's not even a debate.

What does any of that have to with anything I said either? Floyd is not a UFC fighter. The UFC without Anderson and GSP drew 300ish thousand buys per PPV this year. That's what I said, that's what I'm still saying, and it has absolutely nothing to do with pro wrestling, boxing, heels, faces or anything else you've mentioned. Ronda is not a star, and just got booed out of an arena. Jones might be a star, but people react negatively to him. He just did 300k buys!

Boxing has a way bigger problem producing stars than MMA. None of the guys (Golovkin, Adonis Stevenson, Kovalev, Thurman, Shawn Porter, and Mikey Garcia) that haved "popped up" (many have been around forever in reality) over the last year would stand a chance on PPV right now or for the foreseeable future.

What does any of that have to with anything I said either? Floyd is not a UFC fighter. The UFC without Anderson and GSP drew 300ish thousand buys per PPV this year. That's what I said, that's what I'm still saying, and it has absolutely nothing to do with pro wrestling, boxing, heels, faces or anything else you've mentioned. Ronda is not a star, and just got booed out of an arena. Jones might be a star, but people react negatively to him. He just did 300k buys!

So did Mayweather just before the De La Hoya fight!!!!

What does any of that have to with anything I said either? Floyd is not a UFC fighter.

So why did you bring him up?

You brought him up you strange, strange man.

You said people hate Jon Jones and Ronda. How does that impact their ability to draw on PPV?

So did Mayweather just before the De La Hoya fight!!!!

And who is the De La Hoya in this scenario?

What does any of that have to with anything I said either? Floyd is not a UFC fighter.

You said people hate Jon Jones and Ronda. How does that impact their ability to draw on PPV?

They don't draw? Bones just did 300k. What are you even arguing at this point, you're moving the goalposts literally every time you reply.

They don't draw? Bones just did 300k. What are you even arguing at this point, you're moving the goalposts literally every time you reply.

That doesn't mean he can't fucking draw higher. Floyd did shitty against Gatti, Judah, and Baldomir among others. Does that mean it was over for him? No.

Rousey drew higher against Carmanouche than Mayweather against Gatti, Judah, and Baldomir. Jon Jones and Rousey both have potential to be draws, being hated isn't a problem. The problem is that they have no Oscar De La Hoya to make them draws. 

Also, Bernard Hopkins beat Oscar. Did he become a draw after that? No. Mosley beat Oscar twice at the HEIGHT of his popularity. Was he a legit PPV draw after that? Not really. There is no real blueprint in combat sports.