DVDVR Message Board

2024 NFL Draft

Gonzo

16 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I know mock drafts are mostly done for clicks/engagement but the latest one on nfl.com has SIX QBs going in the first 13 picks. That's crazy, right??

I mean the state of the NFL now - now that isnt a crazy concept anymore

Since it has shown time and time again how much easier roster construction is when you have a QB on a rookie contract

Now that being said - 6 QBs in the first round is almost a lock. In the top 13? Hoo Boy - that requires someone to really really love Bo Nix

But the Broncos are stupid so who knows

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

I mean the state of the NFL now - now that isnt a crazy concept anymore

Since it has shown time and time again how much easier roster construction is when you have a QB on a rookie contract

Now that being said - 6 QBs in the first round is almost a lock. In the top 13? Hoo Boy - that requires someone to really really love Bo Nix

But the Broncos are stupid so who knows

Philip... you know they just traded for their QB of the future, right?  

• Haha 3

Take this for what its worth - by JJ McCarthy (on Rich Eisen's show) said he believes he is going to the Giants

So either he is doing them a big favor by having someone jump ahead of them to take JJ or the Giants are going to sadly move up to take him

Yeah it seems to be a race between Albert Breer and NFL to see who can spoil the picks first.  

Nothing surprising so far and don't expect one from the Cardinals and Chargers.    The good thing about Harrison going to the Cardinals is that if Kyler starts fucking around both Harrison's will have no problem having him find out

Edited by hammerva

Have no problem with this to be honest.   I mean you can't draft a QB who was built around such a  great core that he didn't have to do much to a team that literally has nothing to work with.  

The Falcons have to be salivating right now.  Although the Titans could use a QB too

Edited by hammerva

Business just picked up in Atlanta.  Now Kirk Cousins knows what RG3 felt

Oh lord is JJ McCarthy going to the Jets?  Hasn't that boy suffered enough with Jim Harbaugh.  Oh never mind here comes the Vikings

Edited by hammerva

17 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Never change New York Football Giants.  Never change.  😍

I just didn’t want JJ

Of course they will probably have Bo Nix fall into their lap and THEN I will be pissed

As far as The Giants, taking the 2nd best receiver vs the 4th best (at best) QB was the right move. They have ZERO depth at WR so adding in Nabers is needed. But one really good rookie WR isn't going to fix the pass game issues. More depth needed.

Jesus 6 QBs in 12 picks. That's crazy man. What the hell is happening lol. The amount of hits on 1st rd QBs does not warrant all this.