DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 14

RIPPA

Not to mention this is NOT the Panthers team that got to this point.

They're playing a good team. Middling ones tend to revert to form when that happens.

But if throwing out the book is what put you in this position, don't reverse field when it counts. It's like the end of Slap Shot where Paul Newman tells his team to stop the shenanigans and play Old Time Hockey.

They're playing a good team. Middling ones tend to revert to form when that happens.
You definitely know about middling teams.

This is however the bad Panthers team that was 1-3 and had me calling for Rivera's head. Overly conservative and the pass defense is doing nothing. Which is a problem because NO is barely even trying to run and Brees is on track to throw for a mile or two.

Oh yeah I forgot about the whole turning on the coach and then changing tune when they start winning. Great fan base.

You definitely know about middling teams.

This is however the bad Panthers team that was 1-3 and had me calling for Rivera's head. Overly conservative and the pass defense is doing nothing. Which is a problem because NO is barely even trying to run and Brees is on track to throw for a mile or two.

Oh yeah I forgot about the whole turning on the coach and then changing tune when they start winning. Great fan base.

Eat a dick.

Umm, topical... Nice d by Mitchell in the end zone.

Once again the Niners/Seahawks split during the regular season but all anyone in the media want to discuss is when Seattle wins at home, not when the Niners win at the Stick.

Why do you think that is?

This year it makes a little sense because they will probably be the one seed...  Last year it made NO SENSE..   

It always makes sense because Seattle is more of a home-field advantage than any other park by a mile.  If you add that to the fact that they also have the best team in the NFC now and it's even more of a factor.  You can't honestly think that SanFran is as big of a home-field advantage as Seattle right? I mean, it's not even close.  

I hate this game, why am I still watching it?

I feel like a lions fan watching every season they've had in my entire lifetime.

No jokes, there are clearly two defined tiers of NFC playoffs teams: the legit - Seattle, NO, SF - and the not quite - Carolina, whoever wins the East, whoever wins the North. There is almost no chance anyone from the not quite makes the Super Bowl.

Once again the Niners/Seahawks split during the regular season but all anyone in the media want to discuss is when Seattle wins at home, not when the Niners win at the Stick.

Why do you think that is?

This year it makes a little sense because they will probably be the one seed...  Last year it made NO SENSE..   

It always makes sense because Seattle is more of a home-field advantage than any other park by a mile.  If you add that to the fact that they also have the best team in the NFC now and it's even more of a factor.  You can't honestly think that SanFran is as big of a home-field advantage as Seattle right? I mean, it's not even close.  

No, it's much tougher to play in Seattle. My issue is

Last year everyone made a big deal out of Seattle blowing out the Niners at the end of the year when it was clear they still had to go on the road for the playoffs. Now when the Niners beat Seattle at the end of the year, same situation, the reaction is "well, Seattle didn't need the game".

It's 2-2 the last two years...  The way some people are acting you would think the Niners never beat Seattle.

You do realize that Wilson did nothing in the first meeting this season? Seattle had about 290 yards of total offense, most of which was in the 4th quarter. The game was 5-0 at the half and 12-3 after three quarters.  The game got away from the 49ers in the 4th and no doubt..their offense was abysmal... 

but "went there to die" is a little strong. It was an ugly game for three quarters. Very ugly.

I'd hate to see your Lions in Seattle in January :)

You do realize that Wilson did nothing in the first meeting this season? Seattle had about 290 yards of total offense, most of which was in the 4th quarter. The game was 5-0 at the half and 12-3 after three quarters.  The game got away from the 49ers in the 4th and no doubt..their offense was abysmal... 

but "went there to die" is a little strong. It was an ugly game for three quarters. Very ugly.

We shall see, old sport. 49ers will beat the Eagles/Cowboys.

I don't know about that. Are the 49ers more talented than those teams?  Sure, maybe..  but the offense is still not clicking even with Crabtree back. Kaepernick is missing throws and Roman is playing tight. 

The only reason I'm agitated is because everyone even after today is still blowing Seattle.

I don't know about that. Are the 49ers more talented than those teams?  Sure, maybe..  but the offense is still not clicking even with Crabtree back. Kaepernick is missing throws and Roman is playing tight. 

The only reason I'm agitated is because everyone even after today is still blowing Seattle.

Hahaha dude the 49ers play intelligently. That means they'll beat Detroit by three scores. Green Bay are crap, Chicago are a fraud. The entire NFC East are a fraud and will die a savage death in the playoffs.