DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - AUTUMN 2023

Dolfan in NYC

One of the fun things about having the biggest star in the world come play for your team, is the premium you have to pay to go see the team play.  

However, I do alright enough that I found (for the Messi premium) very reasonably priced front row seats to the IMCF game on the 30th.  So I'm surprising my dad by flying down to South Florida and taking him to (hopefully) see Messi play.  

Thank goodness for SeatGeek.  

(oh, and bonus, with this flight, I'll qualify for Gold Medallion on Delta.  Score!)   

2 minutes ago, Raziel said:

Totally forgot United brought back Jonny Evans as a bench option.  THey end up starting him today and he plays better now than Maguire played the last 4 years.  

Didn’t they play Evans and Maguire together earlier this season?

Edited by odessasteps

Chelsea losing 0-1 at home to Aston Villa with 11 minutes of stoppage time to be played. Read that'll put Chelsea 15th in the Premier League table. All that money wasted by Todd Boehly. Mauricio Pochettino has it all to do there.

Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur at Arsenal. Spurs come from two goals down. Angelos Postecoglou working wonders there especially with Harry Kane going to Bayern Munich.

9 minutes ago, The Natural said:

Chelsea losing 0-1 at home to Aston Villa with 11 minutes of stoppage time to be played. Read that'll put Chelsea 15th in the Premier League table. All that money wasted by Todd Boehly. Mauricio Pochettino has it all to do there.

Arsenal 2-2 Tottenham Hotspur at Arsenal. Spurs come from two goals down. Angelos Postecoglou working wonders there especially with Harry Kane going to Bayern Munich.

FT in both.

On 9/23/2023 at 4:43 PM, odessasteps said:

Didn’t they play Evans and Maguire together earlier this season?

Evans was brought back as an emergency option and only played pre-season until Saturday.

Chelsea's points-per-game over the last 35 matches (three short of a full season) is 0.8. That would get you relegated in every single Premier League season and have you finish bottom (or joint bottom) in 1997, 1998, 2005, 2009, 2011, 2014, 2015 and 2018.

Scary shit.

2 hours ago, odessasteps said:

I guess Houston won the US Open Cup, since Dolfan didn’t say anything about Miami winning it. 

Messi and Alba were out and IMCF, who Tata is describing as "worn out", didn't begin playing offense until the final 15 minutes or so.  

Hopefully they're back on Saturday vs. NYRB