DVDVR Message Board

NCAAF 2023 - WEEK FOUR

Dolfan in NYC

2 hours ago, Cobra Commander said:

if the halftime interview is any indicator, Oregon is managing this game like they're seeking revenge on the Houston Cougars because they scored 95 on SMU in 1989. I guess if any conference is gonna have a bunch of salty games between schools that are about to stop playing each other, it's this Pac12

My favorite Michigan game ever - a 61-7 beatdown of Houston in 1992. Michigan was throwing bombs late in the game with their 4th string quarterback, future NFL TE Jay Riemersma, late in the game. After the game, Gary Moeller was asked if Michigan ran up the score. "That game was for the SMUs and Eastern Washingtons of the world". Along with the 95 against SMU, Houston scored 77 against Eastern Washington, all on touchdown passes by starting QB David Klingler. 

This game felt like the Houston/Miami game with Klingler. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tabe said:

My favorite Michigan game ever - a 61-7 beatdown of Houston in 1992. Michigan was throwing bombs late in the game with their 4th string quarterback, future NFL TE Jay Riemersma, late in the game. After the game, Gary Moeller was asked if Michigan ran up the score. "That game was for the SMUs and Eastern Washingtons of the world". Along with the 95 against SMU, Houston scored 77 against Eastern Washington, all on touchdown passes by starting QB David Klingler. 

This game felt like the Houston/Miami game with Klingler. 

The Coogs had run up the score on Illinois awhile back (EDIT: actually the week before) as well. I remember it because Moeller mentioned them in that same presser and said something to the effect of "you don't do that to a Big 10 school."

• Like 1

Killing is business and business is…sometimes. I don’t know if that was the case today against Deion but I certainly understand that it is the case sometimes. I respect that vs statpadding witch is a little different.

So while we’re talking old Houston football, I actually knew the guy who tripped the Houston player who was returning a pick 6 against my Seminoles. His name was Dan Whitehurst. He was an All American who went pro out of FSU and coach Bill Peterson. Bobby Bowden, Joe Gibbs, and Bill Parcels were on the same staff IIRC. He only didn’t make a career out of it because he got into this little budding thing at the time called real estate and made more money doing that in the offseason. The Patriots offered him more money to sit atleast another year which was normal back then and because of 1 thing that he absolutely could not stand he declined and went into real estate full time. That thing was the simple fact that he could not stand sitting on the benches up there…he said they were just that cold lol!

Anyway FSU seemed to be coming back vs Houston and the would be pick 6 happened. He just couldn’t help it and he tripped the guy as he whooshed by the FSU bench. After the game when Bill Peterson was asked about the play he said “I was actually thinking of doing the same thing.” When Bill Parcels was asked he said “I was glad to see that he was still paying attention to the game.” The guy he tripped said something equally hilarious but I don’t remember it enough to even paraphrase.

Edited by BloodyChamp
  • Like 1

I genuinely think Ryan Day is a good coach and the people who want him fired because he lost to Michigan twice and hasn't won a natty are pretty crazy.

But that right there was a coach getting too cute by half in a high leverage situation. Wasted a time out and then absolutely did not fool ND at all.

3 minutes ago, Brian Fowler said:

I genuinely think Ryan Day is a good coach and the people who want him fired because he lost to Michigan twice and hasn't won a natty are pretty crazy.

But that right there was a coach getting too cute by half in a high leverage situation. Wasted a time out and then absolutely did not fool ND at all.

ND had that sniffed out. Ran the exact same play earlier in the game.

1 minute ago, Brian Fowler said:

What did Lou Holtz say?

(Also, Jesus Christ, I'm sick of everywhere stealing versions of Detroit vs Everybody)

Who the fuck knows what that dumb fuck mush mouth ever said.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2