DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

Ah. I have the option to start the crimson fleet storyline but I’m holding off for now.

i got all 8 ? Powers I can get right now. I was doing some surveying. Tried to find the Moon landing spot but ended up spending like a half hour fighting spacers in a deserted science lab. I did learn if you find a wall of ice and rubble, you can blow a hole in it with a grenade. 

i read an article today about some of the potential alternate timelines you can get in NG+ and some were pretty wacky.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

One of the Red Fleet quests requires you to leave a planet in a UC Shuttle which only can hold a crew of 2

You can swap back to your ship soon as you "finish" the mission at The Key, so it's not that bad.  Depending on what your cargo was, you might have an annoyance jumping over to the Key, but it shouldn't be too bad.

On 10/21/2023 at 11:58 AM, odessasteps said:

It seems like all the Starfield Skill videos I watch all poo poo that Gymnastics skill and to not use any points on it.

The combat slide is actually pretty awesome if you are attacking with a melee weapon or using a shotgun.

My only issue with the skill is that I expected more Zero-G combat situations in this game and there aren't very many. 

I'd like to see the ability to disable an enemy craft's artificial gravity in starship combat in order to have more Zero-G combat scenarios in a future update.

Edited by J.T.

16 hours ago, odessasteps said:

i got all 8 ? Powers I can get right now. I was doing some surveying. Tried to find the Moon landing spot but ended up spending like a half hour fighting spacers in a deserted science lab. I did learn if you find a wall of ice and rubble, you can blow a hole in it with a grenade.

It is still amazing the number of people that haven't figured out that you can laze the pins on some security doors to open them. 

The shit even says "Cuttable Wall" on the front and shows you which pins to split with your Cutter.

Edited by J.T.

I guess there must be some sort of "catch-up mechanic" for whoever is your last companion because I already have Barrett's "loyalty" mission.

I literally have taken him on two Crimson Fleet missions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, odessasteps said:

Found Apollo Snow Globe. Cleared out a science outpost. Then got some alien samples for Dr Walker. 

If you are collecting snow globes, I think I posted a location guide in a previous page in the thread.

5 hours ago, RIPPA said:

I guess there must be some sort of "catch-up mechanic" for whoever is your last companion because I already have Barrett's "loyalty" mission.

I literally have taken him on two Crimson Fleet missions

Has he been on your crew? Because I don't think your crew members need to be your active companion to like or dislike your actions. At least, when my first character finished the Crimson Fleet questline, the whole damn roster of Constellation had issues with the way she did it.

Edited by tbarrie

58 minutes ago, J.T. said:

If you are collecting snow globes, I think I posted a location guide in a previous page in the thread.

I only have the London one and now the Apollo one. 

Now, to finally make a bed for my new penthouse. 

59 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

Has he been on your ecrew? Because I don't think they your crew members to be your active companion to like or dislike your actions. At least, when my first character finished the Crimson Fleet questline, the whole damn roster of Constellation had issues with the way she did it.

The big quests definitely go to everyone but it must be retroactive because I didn't get Barrett until after completing things like the entire Vanguard quest line

I have starting getting this thing where if I pick up a bounty to eliminate someone in an abandoned mine - when I get there, the moment I enter the mine I get credit for completing the bounty.

So I don't if the person I am supposed to eliminate is killing themselves or what but it makes me life easier

1 hour ago, RIPPA said:

I have starting getting this thing where if I pick up a bounty to eliminate someone in an abandoned mine - when I get there, the moment I enter the mine I get credit for completing the bounty.

So I don't if the person I am supposed to eliminate is killing themselves or what but it makes me life easier

I've had that a couple of times - once on a bounty for a Crimson Fleet pirate, once for an Ecliptic mercenary. Both times the target area was swarming with Spacers, though, not pirates or Ecliptics.

And I'm pretty sure Spacers are coded to be hostile to both the Fleet and Ecliptic. So I suspect what's happening is that the Spacers are killing your target for you. Hey, easy money.

Once again, it does not look like I spent enough time in The Well.   Overheard a conversation between Altagracia and Antonio about a pair of cursed boots and now I'm off to The Den in the Wolf system.  I could have sworn I surveyed a planet for a Constellation bounty in this system before, but I can't remember.

4 minutes ago, J.T. said:

Once again, it does not look like I spent enough time in The Well.   Overheard a conversation between Altagracia and Antonio about a pair of cursed boots and now I'm off to The Den in the Wolf system.  I could have sworn I surveyed a planet for a Constellation bounty in this system before, but I can't remember.

I got that one recently.

4 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Again - that was one of the very first things I got but I highly explored The Well on my first visit to New Atlantis

I think I was there long enough to flip junction box switches and nearly get pinched with a suitcase full of "art."

During my first trip to The Well, I did talk to all of the vendors (Kay's daughter is easy on the eyes) and I also chatted up Altgracia at least once along with that asshole that wants to fight you.

Edited by J.T.

I somehow found a mission that I thought I had finished but didn’t since it has multiple parts. Maybe it unlocked after a length of time. I know some of the Akila City missions have a “check back in 24 hours” delays. 

did more surveying and researching. I seem to keep running out of adhesive for my weapon upgrades.