DVDVR Message Board

Starfield Omnibus Thread

I now get attacked by random Starborn ships when I warp into a system. Plus, I’ve done a bunch of missions where colonists ask me to take care of spacers harassing their bases.

oh. Even though it ended weighing me down I had to take 

Spoiler

The Mercury spacesuit from NASA. Probably yo display on a mannequin if I can

Well I have found a moon in the Fermi system that has flora that naturally produces polymer for harvest and it has a breathable atmo and comfortable gravity.  The zone is Level 75 but I think I will set up an outpost here.  LIST can go fuck itself. 

Also:

Spoiler

I also decided to get Barrett perished after completing his character mission.  I did not have the heart to get Sarah murdered, Andreja is my stealth mission battle buddy, and Sam is lucky I don't want his daughter to grow up an orphan. 

If I was playing more of a straight up run and gun character, Andreja would probably be my sacrificial lamb.

I wonder if Starfield has robust game analytics like Mass Effect did? 

Spoiler

I'd love to see the game stats concerning who players picked to die during High Price to Pay.

Edited by J.T.

I had a starborn dog fight last night with 3 of them together. That was no fun. 

Something I'd be curious about 

Spoiler

If you kill Sam, does that influence whether you get a NG+ multiverse where his daughter is The Hunter?

25 minutes ago, odessasteps said:
  Hide contents

If you kill Sam, does that influence whether you get a NG+ multiverse where his daughter is The Hunter?

In a word:

Spoiler

Yes.

Edited by J.T.

51 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I had a starborn dog fight last night with 3 of them together. That was no fun.

I've all but mothballed the Frontier.  When Starborn attack, I may as well be in a cardboard box with engines strapped to it.  I know I could convert it to a beefy Class-C, but I am stubborn and want to keep it close to Class-A specs.

Between the upgraded Razoleaf and my customized ship, the Bucephalas, I have starships that can meet Starborn vessels on equal terms.   Combat with two or more Starborn ships is rough, but I usually win through attrition thanks to an abundance of Ship Parts.

The Bucephalas is the Roci II C build from this video.

The Roci is named after Don Quixote's war horse, so I thought it would be appropriate to name my Roci clone after a war horse.  In this case, my ship is named after Alexander the Great's war horse.

My ships are so good that I totally forgot that I have like two or three missions left in the Freestar Ranger lines.  The Star Eagle used to be a priority, but now it's not.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

I got class C piloting last night, but I don’t have the money at the moment to buy one. I think I habe around 190 K credits. 

I tried selling some of my ammo (I have over 5000 of some types) but it takes forever to scroll down to a smaller number, since it starts at the max, not the other way around. 

glad to have Sarah back as my companion, both for the extra 5% XP boost, but also the double entendres dialogue from after we get out of bed. 

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

glad to have Sarah back as my companion, both for the extra 5% XP boost, but also the double entendres dialogue from after we get out of bed. 

I have not gotten married.  I am waiting for the DLC or mod that allows me to woo Rayna Marquez.

Edited by J.T.

31 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I got class C piloting last night, but I don’t have the money at the moment to buy one. I think I habe around 190 K credits. 

Did you not do the mission for Walter where he send you to the Staryard to oversee ship construction?

You should have gotten a free Class C ship (depending on the choices you made)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Did you not do the mission for Walter where he send you to the Staryard to oversee ship construction?

I have the Kepler. Thought it was a B. Once flown it once, and then realized it has no weapons installed. So I was waiting to get the money to weaponize it.

6 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Yep.  I converted my Keppler R into a freight hauler.  It has nice defensive weapons but it isn't a pure warship like the Razorleaf or the Bucephalas.

Edited by J.T.

2 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

I have the Kepler. Thought it was a B. Once flown it once, and then realized it has no weapons installed. So I was waiting to get the money to weaponize it.

The B is what you get if you do small budget, etc...

If you tell them to cram everything into it and work together - you get the C

New fixes are being tested.   We'll probably have another update soon.

bethesdagamestudios:

We've been hard at work on @StarfieldGame updates and will be putting our next one into Steam Beta next week.This update will feature Nvidia DLSS support with frame generation, display and HDR controls for supported systems, and other optimizations and improvements. You'll be able to opt-in to try it via the Steam Beta options.

We’d love your feedback before it goes live for all PC and Xbox players after that.Stay tuned for the specifics soon, and thanks for playing!

5 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Awaiting the possibility of marrying tertiary named NPCs, like the UC Ambassador or one of the Ryujin executives or Ron Hope. 

If this is ever a possibility - Lt Toft is so gonna ruin my marriage to Sarah

• Like 1

Rayna Marquez or Avery Tel FTW. 

I'd also like to take Noel out to the Whetstone for dinner.

I'd add Yuko and Ularu to the list, but I have to take a hot shower after every Ryujin mission to wash the shame and guilt away.

Edited by J.T.
  • Like 1

Just realized I'm pretty sure I never went to Gagarin. I see y'all talk about it but I don't remember ever going there. I did very little 'exploring' on my own after I explored a couple boring planets and got over it, so I am sure I missed some fun things along the way.

My second playthrough in two years is going to be great though, still so much to explore.

Edited by RIPPA
paste as plain text

4 hours ago, J.T. said:

I wonder if Starfield has robust game analytics like Mass Effect did? 

Reveal hidden contents

I'd love to see the game stats concerning who players picked to die during High Price to Pay.

No, it seems like it's just straight up affinity score makes that choice, although I think actual marrage gives a near insurmountable ammount.

So, don't get married until after that mission.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

Just realized I'm pretty sure I never went to Gagarin. I see y'all talk about it but I don't remember ever going there. I did very little 'exploring' on my own after I explored a couple boring planets and got over it, so I am sure I missed some fun things along the way.

Well you have to go to Gagarin for Barrett's "loyalty" mission so I guess you never did that

40 minutes ago, RIPPA said:

Well you have to go to Gagarin for Barrett's "loyalty" mission so I guess you never did that

You know what, his loyalty mission just took too long to develop. I added him to my party towards the end and had a handful of spread out dialogues with him that were going in that direction, but I beat the game before I got to the point of it. I was probably just one step away from the end but I was just ready to beat the game at that point and move onto my backlog.

Me: Geez - I just need to get on with the main quest and be done with this game

Also Me: I better help Joyce with the brownouts again. And since I am here, Luthor needs fucking special sauce again. Hey... let's grab all this stuff on the mission board too...

Except for bugged quests that I can't complete - I have nothing else to do but main quest stuff (not counting random little activities like locations of minerals and stuff I bought off vendors)