DVDVR Message Board

NFL 2023 PRESEASON

RIPPA

18 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

No trade offer has apparently been good enough for Indianapolis.  

They have not activated Jonathan Taylor from the PUP list, so he's now unavailable to anyone before Week 5.  

His trade demand still stands. 

Local Indianapolis radio is reporting that the Colts requirement for trading Jonathan Taylor to the Dolphins was Jaylen Waddle.

The Miami Dolphins' reaction:

katya-trixie.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Infinit said:

In Canada, we have to subscribe to TSN+ now to get RedZone.

I AM FURIOUS.  

😡😡😡

TSN is being real fucking assholes lately. Rampage and Collision both went from on demand for any TSN subscribers, and now they are both on TSN+.

So as always, Fuck Bell Media. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BobbyWhioux said:

It's been too long since we've had a QB wear #77, IMHO

Teddy Bridgewater wore #50 for his first preseason game this year. But then he was #17 the next week.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kevin Wilson said:

T.J. Hockenson got paid, and I mean PAID.

Base value: $66M over 4 new years

Full guarantee: $29M at signing (including ~$9M left on rookie deal)

Total guarantee: $42.5M

Max: $68.5M with incentives

I do not understand this contract at all. Minnesota knows they've got Hockenson and not Kelce or Kittle, right? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tabe said:

I do not understand this contract at all. Minnesota knows they've got Hockenson and not Kelce or Kittle, right? 

I always thought of tight ends like rims on a car.  If you have a good offense, a tight end can really accentuate everything else, but if your car is a piece of shit don't put rims on it.  I feel like the Vikings are closer to the latter than the former.  They have Justin Jefferson, which is outstanding, but I have questions about literally everyone else on the offense.  Therefore, I wouldn't have given Hockenson that contract.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hockenson is a good tight end, but I did not think of him as a "reset the market" type of guy.

Exactly. He averaged 8 yards a catch for Minnesota last year. 86 catches, which is really good, but c'mon. He's good, probably very good. He ain't elite. 

9 hours ago, Brian Fowler said:

Hockenson is a good tight end, but I did not think of him as a "reset the market" type of guy.

Hockenson has been very clear that he thinks of *himself* as a 'reset the market' guy. That's why the Lions wanted out while they could still get something for him. 

• RIPPA locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic