DVDVR Message Board

The 2023 NBA Playoffs

Dolfan in NYC

Suns with a decent enough lead, but if the Clippers somehow pull out a win while starting Russ, Eric Gordon, Norm Powell, Bones Hyland, and Terrence Mann, Phoenix should just have to disband the team immediately.

• Like 1

Doesn't look like it'll happen, but they were better than I would have guessed.

But Powell just made a crazy shot...

God, the misses and then Hyland...the Suns stink, can't wait to see Denver run them.

Edited by Contentious C

5 hours ago, Contentious C said:

Good luck to Philly scoring under 100 more than once in a series and having two of their 'best' players shoot like garbage against literally any team that isn't the one they just beat.

It's rare a team comes off sweeping an opponent with as many questions and concerns as Philly, that's for sure.

At least they have time to hopefully get somewhat healthier before Boston or (hopefully) Atlanta.

16 minutes ago, Contentious C said:

Yeesh, if this game were in Memphis, they'd announce Elvis has left the building - in disgust.

He’d fake his death to escape before halftime.

Again, I mean.  Fake his death again,

Actually, If you told me Fat Elvis, skinny Elvis, and Priscilla were starting tonight for the Grizzlies, I’d probably believe you.

Lebron's foot might be bad enough that he doesn't have one of those "you pissed off the king, and how you are going to get sonned" nuclear games in him, but if the Lakers keep constricting the Grizz on defense I'm not sure it'll matter.

When he's been healthy this year, AD has finally started looking like "the guy" again.

Wow, what a mistake by Steph Curry, called a time out when they had none, gives up a technical free throw and loses the ball. THey're still up 5 with 40 seconds to play, but....

edit: OH WOW! Hits a three after the technical free throw. 1 point game, and the Kings have the ball with 10 seconds to play.

edit 2: Kings miss a buzzer beater. If that had gone in, steph would have been such a goat, instead of the GOAT

Edited by SirFozzie

And now Fox has a broken finger on his shooting hand, although it's still possible he'll play.  Yeesh, like that series needed to get any crazier.

And Murray is now suspended for G5 against Boston.  Close the book on that series.

The weird thing about that is that I think Murray's antics actually started in the 2nd quarter when Trae Young got called for a Flagrant 1 against Tatum.  What makes it weird is that, in the process of complaining to the refs, Tatum actually puts his hands on another ref and maneuvers him out of the way so he can go plead his case.  I'm the biggest Celtics fan here ... I think ... but isn't that *also* "making contact with an official"?

Edited by Contentious C
  • Thanks 1