DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - SPRING 2023

Dolfan in NYC

My friend went to Manchester to watch City parading their trophies through the streets.

There was a Thunderstorm.

It always rains in Manchester. Even in the middle of an unbearable heatwave.

• Haha 1

On 6/10/2023 at 11:09 AM, odessasteps said:

Little surprised the final is on Paramount+ and not on CBS proper. 

congratulations to Abu Dhabi for winning the Champions League. 

It was on big CBS in the DC area, not sure where you are.

8 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

Nicaragua kicked out of the gold cup and relegated to CONCACAF Nations League B after it was found they used an ineligible player in 8 matches. Trinidad and Tobago takes their spot in both the Gold Cup and CONCACAF Nations League A.  (Antigua/Barbuda takes T&T's GC preliminary round spot)

https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/1668441623271702529

There's no place quite like CONCACAF....

T&T will now be playing the US in Charlotte during the Gold Cup group stage.  May be more of an away fan base now.

The new coach of the US is..

Yes, meet the new gaffer, same as the old gaffer (Gregg Berhalter)

edit: I really should have gone with the Who, because We got fooled again (and meet the new boss, same as the old boss)

Edited by SirFozzie

Hey Chelsea? THIS IS THE MAN YOU DECIDED COULDN'T HELP YOU FINISH BETTER THAN 12TH. EAT A GIANT BOWL OF EXTRA SPICY CAMEL DROPPINGS! HAHAHAHAHA!

er.. sorry, let my inner USMNT fanboy slip out. Pulisic with two goals tonight against Mexico so far.

And there's a shot of angry ElTri fans leaving the stadium (Either kicked out or leaving the stadium before full time.)

End the game ref, I dare you. If you're not going to call the puto chants, you're not ever going to stop it.

End the game ref, I dare you. If you're not going to call the puto chants, you're not ever going to stop it.

The same ref was a gutless coward in the ConcaChampions with Atlas and Philadelphia Union.

Futbol Picante is going to be a spicy meatball with all the Mexican commentators seething after this.

Edited by cubbymark
  • Like 1

I know nothing about the footie, but I’m watching Ted Lasso and I have a question;

Is Jamie Tartt’s (do do doodoo dodo) situation a common one, where a guy leaves a team and comes back, or was there lots of creative license there?

On 6/16/2023 at 7:14 PM, just drew said:

I know nothing about the footie, but I’m watching Ted Lasso and I have a question;

Is Jamie Tartt’s (do do doodoo dodo) situation a common one, where a guy leaves a team and comes back, or was there lots of creative license there?

It's common for players to get loaned out from their parent club to another club to get more playing time. Typically it's a year-long agreement with the player getting recalled after the agreement expires, but sometimes the clubs will make the deal permanent.

• Like 2

So, who expected Scotland to beat Spain and Norway in their first three Euro qualifiers? I think if you had a poll which was more likely, beating Spain and Norway, or losing to Cypress (the other team they played), I think the 2nd one would be judged more likely.

Spain and Croatia are playing the Nation's League final. 0-0 as I write this. 

Scotland doing all the heavy lifting for the non English Home Nations (+ the ROI) with them all losing on Friday. Wales losing to Armenia was prob the big shocker of the three.