DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2023

Dolfan in NYC

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Bleeding Cool has a spoiler up for who dies in this week's Amazing Spider-Man.  It's not MJ or Jonah.  And people may be pissed off about it.

Reveal hidden contents

They kill off Kamala

Oh, it's pissing people off. It's going to piss off two of our own here.

Spoiler

TASM (Vol. 5) #26 was billed as one of the most shocking issues ever and it's Kamala Khan/Ms Marvel who dies, barely used in the run? Someone online said it would be like Black Cat dying in a Thor book. This run fucking sucks. Zeb Wells and Nick Lowe need removing from TASM. Hacks.

Edited by The Natural

From looking at Avengers Beyond, I like that Greg Land drew She Hulk doing German Suplex pin in issue 1 and Wasp doing the sitdown camel clutch in issue 2.

Anyway there been lotta retcons for the Beyonder and for the race of Beyonders lore. In Avengers Beyond and Venom.

Avengers 1 vol 9 is out tomorrow. 

In sorta old news, Captain America's series ends in the finale book.

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comics/captain-america-finale-1-sends-steve-rogers-future-into-a-spiral

I guess Tag Team book with Sam and Steve is next. 

I noticed Marvel does lot of short series and mini series these days.

34 minutes ago, J.H. said:

Seriously, fuck Marvel for agreeing to this. I realize they're killing her just so they can bring her back but it doesn't mean it should be done

James

So she's no longer an Inhuman? 

21 hours ago, dogwelder said:

Bleeding Cool has a spoiler up for who dies in this week's Amazing Spider-Man.  It's not MJ or Jonah.  And people may be pissed off about it.

Reveal hidden contents

Is anyone enjoying this book? Like there have to be fans of this right? I haven't dipped in, only read a few bits online, and the sentiment is really negative, and I personally don't like the direction at all. But I can't tell if that's just a vocal minority or not.

There's this weird space where fans think their voices are representative of all fans, that runs alongside this equally bizarre mentality where creators think that if online critics hate their book they must be doing something right. Like it's their duty to piss those people off, because they think what they're doing is super important.

But there's gotta be someone who's like "This is how I like my Spider-Man." - right? It can't just be miserable fans reading a miserable book by people who are more than happy to get paid making them miserable, right?

I don't know if he still reads the board but I know @mushroomjones said on their pod he is enjoying the zeb Wells run. 

I gave up on the Spider books during the time (last year?) when they turned Ben Reilly into Chasm. 

3 hours ago, jaedmc said:

Is anyone enjoying this book? Like there have to be fans of this right? I haven't dipped in, only read a few bits online, and the sentiment is really negative, and I personally don't like the direction at all. But I can't tell if that's just a vocal minority or not.

The thing is that I feel like that's every ASM run since like pre-Secret Wars. I've checked in with the book every 3-4 issues and honestly I've enjoyed what I read. Not to the degree that I'd read it monthly but that's mostly because I'm just not that into Spider-Man. I've enjoyed the voices that Wells writes the characters with and like the overall status quo that he's gone with. 

There will be a virtual press conference for retailers in which Hickman and Hitch will discuss the Ultimate Invasion series and impact.

Marvel hinted new launch for the Ultimate line.

I have sone inkling about what they're gonna do but I need more info to confirm to be sure.