DVDVR Message Board

NHL 2021 - THE QUEST~

Dolfan in NYC

2 minutes ago, elizium said:

I will never accept the black and red era of the Sabres

Did you know why they changed colors? They were the colors of the new owners company Adelphia. Those owners went to prison in the biggest financial fraud case in US history and nearly killed the Sabres in the process.

I wasn't too concerned with this series even if the Jets lost, just because of the long layoff, but losing Demelo and probably Scheifele (on top of whatever is wrong with Stastny) puts the Jets in a lot of trouble. That hit by Scheif was ugly

You could make that argument if he didn't leave his feet, but once those skates came off the ice any argument about it being clean became moot.

Props to Nik Ehlers for the situational awareness and keeping the scrum off of Evans

3 hours ago, elizium said:

Props to Nik Ehlers for the situational awareness and keeping the scrum off of Evans

Yeah, that was cool to see. I always worry about dudes getting hurt even worse by the guys fighting on top of them. 

3 hours ago, Dewar said:

So many dumb people trying to claim that was a clean hit. Wrong time for him to finally pick up his defensive intensity.

I mean, other than it being the biggest charge anybody's ever seen and being after the whistle, yeah, they're absolutely right, lol. 

8 hours ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, that was cool to see. I always worry about dudes getting hurt even worse by the guys fighting on top of them. 

One reason the Reeves/Graves incident was so frightening was because it took way too long for the scrumming players to move away from a clearly knocked out Graves.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Dewar said:

So many dumb people trying to claim that was a clean hit. Wrong time for him to finally pick up his defensive intensity.

If that was clean, I'd hate to see what they think is dirty. Dude should be gone for the playoffs and a month next year. . . .

4 hours ago, Kuetsar said:

If that was clean, I'd hate to see what they think is dirty. Dude should be gone for the playoffs and a month next year. . . .

Had somebody ask me last night, "What's he supposed to do, let the guy score?"  Well, if your choices are a dirty, suspendable hit that could seriously injure a guy and letting somebody score an empty net goal, probably should go with allowing the empty net goal.  Winning is extremely important but not potentially crippling guys is more important.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Tabe said:

Had somebody ask me last night, "What's he supposed to do, let the guy score?"  Well, if your choices are a dirty, suspendable hit that could seriously injure a guy and letting somebody score an empty net goal, probably should go with allowing the empty net goal.  Winning is extremely important but not potentially crippling guys is more important.

And the fact that not even Patrick Steffan would've failed to put that puck in the back of the net.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Death From Above said:

Yeah, that too.  I hadn't looked at a replay again to see but, in real-time, my thought was, "Man, he didn't even try to break up the goal there..."  And an even better angle that shows Scheifele wasn't even thinking about stopping the goal:

Edited by Tabe

4 games for Scheifele. Fan me was hoping for 2, but was expecting the full 5. It is what it is, hopefully Stastny can go tomorrow.

I don't know what they want to do for lines. If Stastny is back, I doubt you want to split him from Ehlers, so maybe keep Copp with them and move Dubois to C1 with Connor and Wheeler?

If Stastny can't play, maybe pray for a power outage

48 minutes ago, Tabe said:

Yeah, that too.  I hadn't looked at a replay again to see but, in real-time, my thought was, "Man, he didn't even try to break up the goal there..."  And an even better angle that shows Scheifele wasn't even thinking about stopping the goal:

The key shot was the close up during the scrum when you see his eyes. That was a dude in a bad place, lights on/nobody home stuff

Strange game, considering how the last one ended, neither team seemed to have any urgency. I guess maybe the Jets were worried about doing anything that would cause them to lose another player and the Habs didn't want to risk doing anything that could have been considered retaliatory.

Not the optimal situation, but it's not like the Jets are getting run off the ice. Hopefully they can get things back to Winnipeg