DVDVR Message Board

Impact Wrestling - 11/17/20

Fun main event, I will miss the Rascalz. I'm surprised none of them ever won any titles in Impact, especially thought Dez would win the X title when he first came in and won the Super X Cup a couple years back. Looking forward to Swann/Shamrock next week, thought that would headline the Final Resolution special next month. Nice start to the knockouts tag tournament, interested to see who ends up being Jordynne's partner next. I guess this year there won't be any Thanksgiving special, last year is when they did Throwback Throwdown.  Sad that Rohit Raju's reign will be coming to an end shortly when TJP puts a mask back on, but D'Amore's overly obvious teasing of it was amusing. 

Results:

Spoiler

Impact Wrestling - Airing November 17, 2020 from Nashville, TN

*Moose def. Willie Mack (9:55) in a No DQ match via TKO/ref stoppage after mounted elbow strikes 

*Suicide vs. Gio went to a no contest (0:49) when Eric Young brought out Joe Doering to take out both guys. Afterwards, Eric Young cut a promo and said the world belongs to them.

*Brian Myers def. Crazzy Steve (10:40) after a running clothesline

*Havok & Nevaeh def. Alisha Edwards & Tenille Dashwood (w/ Kaleb Konley) (6:34) when Havok pinned Alisha to advance in the knockouts tag team title tournament.

*Hernandez def. Fallah Bahh (3:37) with a top rope splash

*Rich Swann & Trey Miguel def. The Rascalz (Dez & Wentz) (17:50) when Rich pinned Dez after a superkick in the Rascalz' Farewell Match. 

Edited by DreamBroken
  • Like 3

So I was catching up on Impact some and...is it crazy to say that for the first time in the what feels like 300 years of this company, in 2020 Impact knows exactly what it is (and, importantly, isn’t)?

I feel like they’ve really excelled during the pandemic. They don’t pretend to be a workrate company, or a big epic presentation company, or whatever. They know exactly what they are, which is a fun, throwback-feeling, Lucha Underground-like take on wrestling that isn’t meant to be taken terribly seriously, but is meant to entertain. It’s really cool to see.

I got nothing but love for Impact these days.

• Like 4

Earlier this year you could have made money on betting people that The Rascalz wouldn't win a Title because it seemed like the writing was on the wall that Trey would win the X Division title or Wentz/Dez the Tag Titles. 

1 hour ago, For Great Justice said:

So I was catching up on Impact some and...is it crazy to say that for the first time in the what feels like 300 years of this company, in 2020 Impact knows exactly what it is (and, importantly, isn’t)?

I feel like they’ve really excelled during the pandemic. They don’t pretend to be a workrate company, or a big epic presentation company, or whatever. They know exactly what they are, which is a fun, throwback-feeling, Lucha Underground-like take on wrestling that isn’t meant to be taken terribly seriously, but is meant to entertain. It’s really cool to see.

Impact's been an underrated company for several years now. Before the Corgan thing blew up they were pretty solid then as well. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, For Great Justice said:

It really came across when they interviewed Swoggle and he said something along the lines of "All my life in wrestling, I was sidelined and banished to the Island of Misfit Toys. Well, this is that island! I'm home!"

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kafkonia said:

Watching Turning Point on Youtube, and jeez, Joe Doering looks like Peter Avalon's big brother.

Jesus, now that's burned in my brain.

I kinda feel like The Rascals not winning anything is one of the few misses from Impact over the last few years. But they were super entertaining and Impact knew it since they were always featured.

Moose not trying to work like a super worker is a good turn for him.

Loved Swinger pulling out the gun like it wasn't anything special. 

• Like 1

Yeah, that mustache on Joe is not flattering. It's nice to see an international talent in Impact again, and kinda fits since AJPW has been so under-the-radar for years. 

Where are the Rascalz going? 

THE RETURN OF WRESTLER'S COURT, DADDY~! Now we know Swinger is sleazy, but hopefully doesn't end up as sleazy as Joey Ryan did after he was found guilty by the Court...

• Like 1