DVDVR Message Board

NBA - 2013-14 Regular Season - 1st Half

Dolfan in NYC

I knew what you meant too. I was being needlessly snarky. My bad.

I'm just ribbing you.  But let me shine, crazy diamond that I am! I need my spotlight.  I'm Norma Desmond up in here! Stick to the script, you collective Max von Mayerlings! :lol:

Trust me, I don't take most stuff as seriously as many may think.

So y'all were right, it's not so much rumors about Rondo, but moreso the Knicks just trying to ship off Shumpert. Latest thing I heard was Asik for Shumpert. WTF.

You haven't heard the Shumpert to Sac'to rumors?

Nothing would be more Knicksian than Shumpert and every draft pick for a decade for Boogie and Jimmer. My life will now no longer be complete without seeing Jimmer, Melo, Amare, Boogie and Barngani on the floor together.

Enjoying all the NBA Gossip Girl news.  I'm not even being sarcastic here.  NBA DRAMA is the best.

Meanwhile, the Blazers are 8-2.  Huh?  I checked their schedule and their record makes a bit more sense after you look at their opponents(pretty soft), but there is a win over San Antonio buried in their 8-2 record.  I still see them crashing back to Earth sooner rather than later.

Haven't heard the Kings rumors.  Is Shumpert a leper or something?!  This wouldn't be good for Asik at all.  He can probably get alot of playing time, but that Knicks team is a sinking ship.

According to the New York Daily News:

“The rest of the league seems to value Iman more than the Knicks do,” said one Eastern Conference executive. “And his value is high.”

A different article says the Kings have interest and hints that Jason Thompson may be a target.  Their interest has also been reported by Marc Stein.  Sactown Royalty speculates that Patrick Patterson makes sense.

Haven't heard the Kings rumors.  Is Shumpert a leper or something?!  This wouldn't be good for Asik at all.  He can probably get alot of playing time, but that Knicks team is a sinking ship.

“The rest of the league seems to value Iman more than the Knicks do,” said one Eastern Conference executive. “And his value is high.”

That article mentions Shump for Kenneth Faried, and I would be so sad to see Faried on the Knicks. What the fuck is Denver even doing, by the way? Did they even have a plan after bouncing Coach Karl?

That article mentions Shump for Kenneth Faried, and I would be so sad to see Faried on the Knicks. What the fuck is Denver even doing, by the way? Did they even have a plan after bouncing Coach Karl?

As far as I understand, that went something like:

New York; Shumpert for Faried?

Denver: Bwahahahahaha!!!

Well, I'm sure that 2nd secret knee surgery this summer lowers Shump's value quite a bit.  Turns out rushing back from an ACL tear isn't the brightest idea.

I so need a Derrick Rose "Told You So" meme pic of some sort here.

• Like 1

The Shumpert trade rumors are hilarious when you look at the players mentioned in the deals. I was watching ESPN and they had some NY reporter mention that the Knicks offered Shumpert and.....and....*trying not to burst into laughter*...and...Amare Stoudamire to the Celtics for Rondo.  Give the reporter credit for a. not bursting in laughter as he mentioned that rumor and b.he shot it down quickly.

Then he mentioned the Faried rumor,  but Denver wants draft picks and NY doesn't have any to offer.  Followed by the Kings rumor for Jason Thompson. I don't see why they'd want Thompson for Shumpert. Thompson's a back-up big.