DVDVR Message Board

Happy birthday thread.

The Natural

4 hours ago, AaronMLuke said:

50 years old today.  That wall hits hard. For good or for ill,  what I've  earned in this life  I have  earned the hard way. All thanks to my wife, Joey, without whom I'd be dead in a ditch . It's a good day. Yes, it is.

Happy 50th Birthday, @AaronMLuke. Hope you have a good un!

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/24/2021 at 4:30 AM, The Natural said:

OIP.qndTfOeP2kaXzwdt_n5xDwHaEK?pid=ImgDe

I'm trying a new Happy Birthday post with a picture of a poster's favourite thing (hopefully). That starts now with Nightwing for @twiztor. Happy birthday bud. Have yourself a good un!

This tradition is a year old which means...

R.da0d9cc214e26c8c3ac31bdfd898c698?rik=k

Happy Birthday to my bud, @twiztor. Have yourself a good un!

Edited by The Natural

20 hours ago, The Natural said:

This tradition is a year old which means...

R.da0d9cc214e26c8c3ac31bdfd898c698?rik=k

Happy Birthday to my bud, @twiztor. Have yourself a good un!

thanks @The Natural!  good choice as that is one of my favorite fights of all time (Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit, UFC 195). Hard to believe that was already almost 6 years ago. 

big post follows. i tend to not overshare online, but really wanted to put some good vibes out there, and this seems like as good a place as any to do just that.

Today is big ol' #40 for me. Seems hard to believe. I celebrated with the normal 3 day birthday party- dozens of people drift through the house throughout the weekend. We have drinks, play games (beer pong and video games mostly but there's a big ass annual Monopoly game too), and just have a good time. i love it, but it (unsurprisingly) takes a hell of a toll come Sunday night. I think this is the last year of the 3 day event, definitely need to downsize going forward.

Also celebrated by paying off my mortgage! my goal had always been to buy a house at 25 and pay it off by 50, so i'm years ahead of the game. really pumped about that. 

then went to Buffalo Wild Wings and tried the Blazin' Challenge for the first time. i did it the unofficial way, since i only eat boneless wings and that's not the way they offer the challenge, but i don't really care about the t-shirt so not a big deal for me. i love spicy foods, so didn't think it would be too much of an issue. And it wasn't. beat it with time to spare. 

i've been on a quest to shed some pounds over the last year. around November 1st 2021 i tipped the scales at 265 lb. That's the upper limit for heavyweight fighters in the UFC- and it scared me that i had gotten so big. Had a goal of 225 by my birthday, so i started working towards that. I am unreliable about going to the gym, and worked an office job, so it was slow going the first 6 months and i hovered around 250 for most of that time. Took a bigger step in May with a promotion and a more active job. That pushed me harder to eat less and better (cut out lots of unnecessary sugar mainly), drink less (was less beer, although i did hit the liquor a bit more) and walking more. Was under 215 late last week, although after a weekend of partying i've picked up some extra #s there. 

I'm happy with where my life and health are right now, and am positive about the future. Much love all!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, twiztor said:

thanks @The Natural!  good choice as that is one of my favorite fights of all time (Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit, UFC 195). Hard to believe that was already almost 6 years ago. 

big post follows. i tend to not overshare online, but really wanted to put some good vibes out there, and this seems like as good a place as any to do just that.

Today is big ol' #40 for me. Seems hard to believe. I celebrated with the normal 3 day birthday party- dozens of people drift through the house throughout the weekend. We have drinks, play games (beer pong and video games mostly but there's a big ass annual Monopoly game too), and just have a good time. i love it, but it (unsurprisingly) takes a hell of a toll come Sunday night. I think this is the last year of the 3 day event, definitely need to downsize going forward.

Also celebrated by paying off my mortgage! my goal had always been to buy a house at 25 and pay it off by 50, so i'm years ahead of the game. really pumped about that. 

then went to Buffalo Wild Wings and tried the Blazin' Challenge for the first time. i did it the unofficial way, since i only eat boneless wings and that's not the way they offer the challenge, but i don't really care about the t-shirt so not a big deal for me. i love spicy foods, so didn't think it would be too much of an issue. And it wasn't. beat it with time to spare. 

i've been on a quest to shed some pounds over the last year. around November 1st 2021 i tipped the scales at 265 lb. That's the upper limit for heavyweight fighters in the UFC- and it scared me that i had gotten so big. Had a goal of 225 by my birthday, so i started working towards that. I am unreliable about going to the gym, and worked an office job, so it was slow going the first 6 months and i hovered around 250 for most of that time. Took a bigger step in May with a promotion and a more active job. That pushed me harder to eat less and better (cut out lots of unnecessary sugar mainly), drink less (was less beer, although i did hit the liquor a bit more) and walking more. Was under 215 late last week, although after a weekend of partying i've picked up some extra #s there. 

I'm happy with where my life and health are right now, and am positive about the future. Much love all!

Pleasure, @twiztor. I had a few options for you but went with Robbie Lawler vs. Carlos Condit knowing that. It's in my top three MMA fights ever with Griffin/Bonnar I and Edgar/Maynard II. That needed an immediate rematch as Condit won. Damn Dana for not doing so. Didn't realize it was the big ole 40, apologies. I also like my food spicy. Congrats on the mortgage paid off and the weight loss. Love to you and Sarah. Paul xxx.

Edited by The Natural
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Fi0IqG6WAAEPfLC?format=jpg&name=medium

Happy 67th Birthday to the late great Kevin Conroy who we lost to fucking cancer 20 days ago. Kevin and Batman: The Animated Series is a huge reason for my Batman fandom. I'd have loved to have met him. Thank you for your classic contributions to Batman. Love you for them. Paul xxx.

On 12/8/2022 at 2:50 AM, The Natural said:

q3ZLA=&risl=&pid=ImgRaw&r=0

Happy 62nd Birthday to my late great Mum taken away far too soon, she was only 53. There at my start and always in my heart. I love and miss you so much, Paul xxx.

5 hours ago, The Natural said:

R.681c8700ed1ed9250f289bfaa0853063?rik=E

Happy Birthday, @Dolfan in NYC. Enjoy NXT Dead1ine. Have yourself a good un!

Smiled seeing both as rainbow colours. I picked that picture for my Mum because of West Yorkshire, where we're from.