DVDVR Message Board

2019 NFL OFFSEASON THREAD

Dolfan in NYC

1 hour ago, sabremike said:

He's never going to play another second in pro football ever again. This may be the most vile crime committed by an active NFL player ever, it's at least on the short list. Good lord.

Not even the most vile from an active KC player - Jovan Belcher. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, elizium said:

Wasn't Rae Carruth still on the Panthers?

Oh God how did I forget him? Did you see his poor kid who ended up severely mentally and physically disabled as a result of his mom being killed? If he had been given the death penalty he so richly deserved I would've gladly volunteered to stick the needle in his fucking arm. If you see the video of that kid you'd want to see that motherfucker die in the most painfull manner possible.

• Like 2

To send this back to on the field stuff, the Cardinals were seriously screwed when DC took Haskins and the Giants took the Dukie as they are out of serious trading partners for Josh Rosen.  

Miami's come around sniffing, so the Cardinals are trying to work something out there.  But I think the Dolphins know they've got Arizona over a barrel here. We'll see what happens. 

3 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

To send this back to on the field stuff, the Cardinals were seriously screwed when DC took Haskins and the Giants took the Dukie as they are out of serious trading partners for Josh Rosen.  

Miami's come around sniffing, so the Cardinals are trying to work something out there.  But I think the Dolphins know they've got Arizona over a barrel here. We'll see what happens. 

Getting outsmarted by Gettleman and the Giants, Snyder and the R's, and the Miami Dolphins would be a 3 strikes you're out situation for my general manager.

Back to Tyreek Hill...I know a lot of guys have gotten in trouble for domestic violence, child abuse, and who knows how many simple assaults, but there are levels to this shit and Tyreek Hill seems to be on the most extreme level.  It goes without saying that no one should hit a woman, a child, but there is a huge difference between losing your temper and having a temporary lapse in judgment and being violent for the sake of violence.  Tyreek Hill seems to be Tyreek Hills policy, like he decided at some point that is how he's going to deal with all of his problems.  If I'm not mistaken, this isn't the first time this woman and this child were harmed by Tyreek Hill.  He pled guilty to punching and strangling her while she was pregnant. 

According to a Stillwater Police Department arrest report, his girlfriend at the time, Crystal Espinal, showed up in an emergency room with cuts and bruises on her face and neck. (The officer who filed the report noted that her lip was busted, that she was wincing with pain and that the mark under her eye was turning purple as she spoke.) Espinal, who was eight weeks pregnant at the time, said Hill had grabbed her neck with his hands, pinned her against the wall and then thrown her to the ground like a “rag doll.” She told an officer that Hill had picked her up by her hair and put her in a headlock. After Espinal had screamed “I can’t breathe” several times, she alleged, he released her, then sat on top of her, punching her in the stomach.

Kareem Hunt was immediately cut for losing his temper and wrongly pushing a woman who was actively attacking him, but they kept Tyreek Hill around.  

8 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I could see him ending up Detroit if, God forbid, the health situation of Matt Stafford's goes south. 

UPDATE 4:59 p.m. ET: #AsExpected, there was another side to this story. According to Andrew Marchand of the New York Post, the Giants told WFAN weeks ago Manning wanted to end the regular spot. He will still make occasional appearances.

11 minutes ago, supremebve said:

Vinny Testaverde may be the answer to the most surprisingly humongous human being I've ever seen.  

I still think this is Billy Gunn but yeah Vinny was enormous

1 hour ago, supremebve said:

Vinny Testaverde may be the answer to the most surprisingly humongous human being I've ever seen.  

Mark Rypien for me. Stood next to him on the street and he seemed gigantic. I'm not exactly small myself but he made me feel very small by comparison. 

Something I found amusing about my new QB.  The ESPN Arizona guy was on one of the sports radio stations in Miami and was talking about the "major character concerns" they had about Rosen.   

So, the hosts pressed him, and apparently "environmentalism" was what they were worried about. Rosen apparently asked for Adidas to make his cleats out of recycled plastics.   

What a monster.  ?

• Haha 1

The things that people around football look at as a character concern include any thoughts that aren't about football.  People have talked about Josh Rosen like he's a criminal, but rarely have these concerns with people who may be criminals.  

ESPN announced that it won't technically replace Jason Whitten in the MNF booth

Instead - the booth will become Joe Tessitore and Booger McFarland (who it appears will broadcast the game from the booth and not his weird ass cherry picker)

Dwayne Haskins will wear #7 for Washington next season. Last guy who wore that number for them did kinda well. 

At least one DC fan is taking it quite well!   https://deadspin.com/sports-radio-caller-is-absolutely-furious-that-dwayne-h-1834454255

I know *I'm* going to be V upset when the Dolphins just HAND Joey Harrington's number to some kid they traded for.