DVDVR Message Board

WWE Exec Fired After Wife Outed As Twitter Troll

3 hours ago, dokdoyle said:

I still love that game. and keep hoping whoever picked up the IP will do something with it.

I never finished the game. Don't think I even made it off of the first continent. Still loved it. I believe Rhode Island owns the IP.

On 6/8/2018 at 11:39 PM, Craig H said:

Yes. One of my friends is still waiting for some paychecks.

When I write my memoirs, "Still Waiting for Some Paychecks" will be the name of the chapter where I discuss the four years I spent working for a game company.

How does that work? Being an employee and working without getting paid? How are you paying your bills working and not getting paid. Even if you try to cut expenses, just going to work eats up money. How can you keep that up longer than a month?

3 hours ago, Victator said:

How does that work? Being an employee and working without getting paid? How are you paying your bills working and not getting paid. Even if you try to cut expenses, just going to work eats up money. How can you keep that up longer than a month?

It fucking sucks.  The company I worked for was very "paycheck to paycheck" with how they did things, so both times there was a delay in payroll (to put it nicely), it was because a client was holding up on paying for a milestone for one reason or another.  It's a shitty way to run a business, but I assume it's not entirely uncommon.  So yeah, when it happened, we were all summoned, told what was happening, and promised to be made whole as soon as possible.  And while they did eventually mostly make good, it's hard to get by when half your household income is cut and you don't know when things are going to get back to normal.  It was some time ago; I think both times none of us got paid for maybe a month (two payroll cycles missed) and we just did our best to get by on savings. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1