DVDVR Message Board

Start 'em or Sit 'em

BrianS81177

Okay, neither of my QB options is great, but I have to pick one. Should I go with Andy Dalton (vs. BUF) and hope that he and A.J. Green can finally get things rolling, or do I roll the dice on Terrelle Pryor (vs. KC) maybe getting a rushing TD?

Okay, neither of my QB options is great, but I have to pick one. Should I go with Andy Dalton (vs. BUF) and hope that he and A.J. Green can finally get things rolling, or do I roll the dice on Terrelle Pryor (vs. KC) maybe getting a rushing TD?

Kansas City is 5-0 at home.

The Arrowhead fans finally have an excuse to be fucking nuts and fucking LOUD again.  I'm hoping for the best with Pryor but I'm expecting the worst (like, SF @ SEA revisited).  Dalton is probably the smarter choice.

I am close to just outright dropping David Wilson.  The kid has had a rough year and has had the worst luck that one could have when getting the starting nod.  Part of me says hold on, but I could use the roster spot

Well that decision might be made for you as Wilson is fearing his neck injury is season ending and is getting a 2nd opinion this week

Man, I have a conundrum with my RB corps. I have 2 RB spots to fill and currently have Alfred Morris, DeAngelo Williams, and Ryan Matthews. Morris is a no brainer, but I'm having a hard time choosing between Williams and Matthews. The Rams are 30th in stopping the run, while Williams is a 10th ranked RB who could lose goal line opportunities to Mike freaking Tolbert. On the other hand, Matthews is a 17th ranked RB playing against a Jaguars D ranked dead last for stopping the run. 

Man, I have a conundrum with my RB corps. I have 2 RB spots to fill and currently have Alfred Morris, DeAngelo Williams, and Ryan Matthews. Morris is a no brainer, but I'm having a hard time choosing between Williams and Matthews. The Rams are 30th in stopping the run, while Williams is a 10th ranked RB who could lose goal line opportunities to Mike freaking Tolbert. On the other hand, Matthews is a 17th ranked RB playing against a Jaguars D ranked dead last for stopping the run. 

I'd take Matthews, man. Like you said, Tolbert could end up vulturing a goal line TD from Williams, plus the Chargers are up against the Jaguars. Playing to the matchup pays off most of the time, in my experience.

Yeah. That's what I was feeling like. I also just made a decision to take Jordan Reed off the waiver wire to start in front of Tyler Eifert. TE just isn't getting the targets he should be getting, and Gronk continues to waste away on my bench. So now I'll have Reed and Martellus Bennett as my TE starters.

Of course, this all changes if a trade for Julius Thomas and Cam Newton goes through. I would be sending Demaryius Thomas and Gronk over in that deal. It could be changed to instead be Julius Thomas and Kaep, which is still a win for me because who knows when Gronk is going to play or how effective he's going to be after sitting for so long. Meanwhile, Demaryius Thomas just isn't hauling in TDs, since JT and Welker seem to have most of Peyton's attention. I'm fine on WRs anyway since I have DeSean Jackson, Steve Smith, Larry Fitzgerald, and Reggie Wayne.

Who should I go with for my RB/WR flex spot?

Choices are:

Keenan Allen vs Jags

Alfred Morris vs Bears

Megatron vs Bengals

Steve Smith vs Rams

Andre Ellington vs Seahawks (not likely - Hawks D is tough)

Willis McGahee vs Packers 

Tavon Austin vs Panthers

Daniel Thomas vs Bills

The rest of my lineup:

QB Philip Rivers vs Jags

RB Ray Rice vs Steelers

WR Wes Welker vs Colts

WR Justin Blackmon vs Chargers (a little worried that he didn't practice today)

TE Antonio Gates vs Jags (other option is Jermichael Finley vs Browns)

Flex 1 Matt Stafford vs Bengals

Flex 2 ???

I'd say Johnson is obvious if he's actually ready to go.  If he's not, then it's a bit of a tossup between Smith and Allen IMO.  Are you playing PPR?  Allen's had double digits 3 straight games and over 20 in the previous 2 in my ESPN league.  Will the Jags play above themselves two weeks in a row?  Probably not.  At least not defensively.

My question for this week, pick 2:

Brandon Jacobs vs. MIN

Doug Martin vs. ATL

Lamar Miller vs. BUF

I'm leaning Jacobs and Miller, but I might just blow my brains out with the knowledge that my first round pick is riding pine by week 7.  What a disappointment Martin has been.

Who should I go with for my RB/WR flex spot?

Choices are:

Keenan Allen vs Jags

Alfred Morris vs Bears

Megatron vs Bengals

Steve Smith vs Rams

Andre Ellington vs Seahawks (not likely - Hawks D is tough)

Willis McGahee vs Packers 

Tavon Austin vs Panthers

Daniel Thomas vs Bills

The rest of my lineup:

QB Philip Rivers vs Jags

RB Ray Rice vs Steelers

WR Wes Welker vs Colts

WR Justin Blackmon vs Chargers (a little worried that he didn't practice today)

TE Antonio Gates vs Jags (other option is Jermichael Finley vs Browns)

Flex 1 Matt Stafford vs Bengals

Flex 2 ???

Alfred Morris the Bears lost both of their Defensive tackles.

I'd say Johnson is obvious if he's actually ready to go.  If he's not, then it's a bit of a tossup between Smith and Allen IMO.  Are you playing PPR?  Allen's had double digits 3 straight games and over 20 in the previous 2 in my ESPN league.  Will the Jags play above themselves two weeks in a row?  Probably not.  At least not defensively.

My question for this week, pick 2:

Brandon Jacobs vs. MIN

Doug Martin vs. ATL

Lamar Miller vs. BUF

I'm leaning Jacobs and Miller, but I might just blow my brains out with the knowledge that my first round pick is riding pine by week 7.  What a disappointment Martin has been.

Muscle Hamster and Miller since the Bills aren't great against the run.

I was going to ask about picking up Percy Harvin off of waivers.  But it seems someone in my league already has.  So take it for what it is worth, you might want to stow Harvin away if you haven't already.

Tried, got beat to it by someone with higher priority >_<

I have Randall Cobb (who is projected to be out til week 15 - well into playoffs in my league), I am toying with the idea of dropping him outright.  What do the fantasy football afficianados think about that?

Well, that's what I did. I was lucky enough to get Keenan Allen, too. There's got to be somebody you can pick up off waivers; it beats having Cobb just take up a spot on the bench.

As someone who has spent the first third of this year with essentially Roddy White doing nothing and eating a roster spot, and also having Gronk just eat a spot until now... don't do that. It's a big handicap to not have that one option in a standard league. Cobb might have a huge week 16, but he might just as well come back and have no rhythm.

Any live body beats a 0 every week.