DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

Yeah, I have Disruptor Ammo, but I didn't remember it until right before the boss when I started playing with the power wheel stuff because I started digging lifting mooks into the air and killing them that way.

Which pisses me off because that would've made getting Garrius on Omega a fuckton easier.

Yeah, I have Disruptor Ammo, but I didn't remember it until right before the boss when I started playing with the power wheel stuff because I started digging lifting mooks into the air and killing them that way.

I just hacked mechs and let them do my dirty work for me.  I had Mordin and Garrus with me on Purgatory so nuking the shields and armor on YMIR Mechs was pretty simple. 

To stack things even more in my favor, I had Disruptor Ammo on my Viper and also packed the Arc Projector.

Add me to the group of people who don't give one iota of a fuck about Ashley or Kaiden.  Ashley comes off as kind of racist in the first game, and Kaiden is essentially boring dude #76.  I generally kept Garrus and Tali in my party, with some Wrex or Liara when I needed some extra muscle or biotics. 

I'm replaying the first game now, and I'm enjoying it but it lacks the polish of the next two games.  With that said, FemShep seems like a different character than regular ol' ManShep.  This may be an example of my testicles talking but it feels different that a woman is doing and saying these things.  Any time she has to get tough and put someone in their place it feels more satisfying, because it isn't really something we see in much mainstream fiction.  I can't think of a movie or television show where the main character is a woman that is in command that isn't about her being a woman in command.  FemShep is in command because she is in command, it doesn't matter to her, anyone on her crew, or the world at large that she is a woman.  I like it.

OH! Totally forgot to mention.

But right as I was signing off Monday to go watch RAW - I bought a PSP AND FINALLY GOT THE FUCKING LANCER!

So last night - when JT and I started playing I was like "Why the fuck does it say I have a new assault... HOLY SHIT THAT IS RIGHT!"

Sadly the weather conspired to not really let me test it out but I now have everything that the multiplayer can give. I can finally quit this fucking game.

OH! Totally forgot to mention.

But right as I was signing off Monday to go watch RAW - I bought a PSP AND FINALLY GOT THE FUCKING LANCER!

So last night - when JT and I started playing I was like "Why the fuck does it say I have a new assault... HOLY SHIT THAT IS RIGHT!"

Sadly the weather conspired to not really let me test it out but I now have everything that the multiplayer can give. I can finally quit this fucking game.

I have a feeling that Mass Effect Wednesday will not transition into GTA5 this evening now that Rippa owns a Lancer.

I was looking at my stats this morning - I have logged almost 962 hours in just multiplayer alone

I can never ever say I didn't get my money's worth out of this game

I'm getting a strong feeling that the main arc of ME2 is "do the missions to recruit your crew, do the Illusive Man's missions to kill Collectors, and do the loyalty missions for all your crewmembers or you're completly fucked for the endgame".  That correct?

Only because I finished Horizon, and Illusive Man pretty much flat out hinted that if I go through the Omega Relay before I have my crew's loyality, I should restart.

I'm getting a strong feeling that the main arc of ME2 is "do the missions to recruit your crew, do the Illusive Man's missions to kill Collectors, and do the loyalty missions for all your crewmembers or you're completly fucked for the endgame".  That correct?

Only because I finished Horizon, and Illusive Man pretty much flat out hinted that if I go through the Omega Relay before I have my crew's loyality, I should restart.

Basically. Add in "make sure you get all the upgrades for your ship" and that pretty much covers it.

If I do the Mass Effect panel at Comic-Con this year and they do a Q&A, should I ask about making sure they finish the game with the ending this time or should I not be that guy?

If you do, make sure you face the nearest news camera and pas security drags you out to the atrium.

If I do the Mass Effect panel at Comic-Con this year and they do a Q&A, should I ask about making sure they finish the game with the ending this time or should I not be that guy?

If you do, make sure you face the nearest news camera and pas security drags you out to the atrium.

They can send whoever they want to do that, it better just be someone they don't want back.

Yeah, whoever told me that I could play the series in about 30 hours, um.. yeah.  While 1 took me 12 hours, I'm 22 hours into 2 and just finished up the loyality missions.  Already did Shadow Broker and did Arrival, all I got left before I go for the Reaper IFF is to do the Overlord and Firewalker stuff.  I stumbled into one discovery mission, but in scanning a ton of planets, I haven't come across more than one N7/Cerebus mission.  Course, I'm not going through every system to find it, so that could be the issue.

I did totally fuck up Thane's loyality mission and didn't have a save available to fall back on after fucking it up (I know, easiest mission and I screwed it up because I went the wrong way to get into the club), so I'm hoping that just failing that one doesn't screw stuff up that bad.  

Totally fucked up the end of Arrival too, as I did the renegade option (I thought it was the best) and didn't save the colony.  I'm pretty sure with the way stuff rolls, that will bite me in the ass hard in 3.

You didn't fuck up Arrival

The colony can't be saved no matter your choice

You did fuck Thane

I am assuming the person who told you 30 hours did no side missions or DLC and just raced through to see an ending.

EDIT - added the spoiler note

The only thing you accomplish by playing through Arrival is adding the Batarian massacre onto the list of reasons why Shepard starts the game off on house arrest.

I dont know why last night amused me so much as it was just JT constantly being all...

"WILL YOU STOP SHAKING THE GROUND FOR 2 SECONDS!! I AM TRYING TO SNIPE!!!"

It was Mark's Force of July deathmatch all over again but in Mass Effect co-op.

You three assholes were detonating biotics over the place whil I am trying to fucking aim a Javelin; the heaviest piece of shit sniper rifle with the worst fire rate and longest reload time ever.

I hate everything.

1) Project Overlord was fucked up.

2) The Hovertank and its inability to shoot fucking ANYTHING, especially compaired with the tank from the first game, can fucking fly off a cliff.

3) HOLY FUCKING SHIT I RESEARCHED AND FIRED A FUCKING TATICAL FUCKING NUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (obiviously, I unlocked and fired the Cain)

4)However designed the areas where 234252354234 Husks continually jump you while Scions obliterate you can go fuck themselves.