DVDVR Message Board

The Mass Effect thread

And I think that said Saren fight would've been easier with Liara and anyone instead of Garrus and Tali.  I was kinda missing someone with biotics *still mumbles about failing to convince Wrex to not get killed

And I think that said Saren fight would've been easier with Liara and anyone instead of Garrus and Tali.  I was kinda missing someone with biotics *still mumbles about failing to convince Wrex to not get killed

If you mean the fight with Saren on Virmire - I always had my Charm so high that I didn't even have to fight him.

Of course - that was also so I could always save Wrex

Wrex's death is worse than Kaiden's because ultimately you know that one of either Ashley or Kaiden had to die. But with Wrex? That was completely avoidable, it just means YOU fucked up. And yes, I did it too my first playthrough. Senseless.

But yeah, how was I supposed to know that I need that much charm to talk Wrex down.  Don't think I would go for talking Saren down.  Fucker killed one of my teammates, he needs to be offed.

In my defense, I've managed to stay pretty spoiler free as far as Mass Effect goes (save for the grand finale, because how the fuck could you avoid hearing about that?)  So I had no fucking clue Virmire was gonna off 2 of my teammates, and no idea that there was a choice moment like that.  I merely did what I thought was the best course of action (An officer would have better working comms knowledge and slightly more pull among another squad, and in that moment, the securing the nuke to piss on Saren's picnic was more important than disabling the backup AA gun).  At least in my mind.

But yeah, how was I supposed to know that I need that much charm to talk Wrex down.  Don't think I would go for talking Saren down.  Fucker killed one of my teammates, he needs to be offed.

You shouldn't. And that's a good thing. As I said, I did the same thing and Wrex stayed dead in my original Renegade playthrough. Of course, I saved him on playthroughs 2, 3, and 4.

Theres an article in the new OXM about people still playing multiplayer games years after they were released.

Surprisingly, ME3. Was not on the list.

There are always articles about popular, long lasting multiplayer games and almost always it is the Halos, Call of Dutys, etc....

I have never seen ME3 on any list.

That being said - this is only 2+ plus years. We know there are people still playing online games from like a decade ago

Theres an article in the new OXM about people still playing multiplayer games years after they were released.

These people obviously have shit opinions.

There are always articles about popular, long lasting multiplayer games and almost always it is the Halos, Call of Dutys, etc....

That being said - this is only 2+ plus years. We know there are people still playing online games from like a decade ago

Also, as much as all of us loved ME3's multiplayer, it was never as popular as CoD or Halo. Not even close.

If I recall correctly - it wasn't even in the Top 10 of most played ones in the year it came out

(I remember Game Informer doing a survey - and it was exactly what you would expect)

Also, as much as all of us loved ME3's multiplayer, it was never as popular as CoD or Halo. Not even close.

If by "popular" you mean that they are littered with some of the worst people on earth then yeah, I agree.

Playing in Team Slayer matches in Halo 4 has taught me that there is no worse kind of sore loser in the world than one from Germany or Russia.

Started doing sidequests after the Citadel interlude before I go to Ilos to finish off the game, and started with the Geth in the Armstrong Cluster one.

Now I understand the hatred for driving the Mako.  

Started doing sidequests after the Citadel interlude before I go to Ilos to finish off the game, and started with the Geth in the Armstrong Cluster one.

Now I understand the hatred for driving the Mako.  

As J.T. said, the Hammerhead makes the Mako feel like a Porsche.

I keep getting the Bioware store ad at the top of the page so I keep clicking on it for the hell of it.

Oh God Dammit - and now the Garrus and Liara t-shirts are on sale.

WHY DON'T I HAVE ANY MONEY?????