DVDVR Message Board

NXT MARCH 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

TJP should have a fanboy follow him around and whenever he drops those sick mic samples, the fanboy should be seen writing them down like they were scripture. I really hope TJP gets an NXT special/PPV match sometime in the future, he's perfect for JTTS role. (Also, he's so much better whenever he flashes his heel side.)

I really wanted to see the 300 Brothers perform :(

Can't unsee the crazy Kermit Nakamura bear.

I wonder if Trips had a talk with him about how disappointing his run has been. What we've seen so far is Kenta playfighting as a WWE wrestler. It hasn't worked but he's so great that I hope he figures it out.

1 hour ago, Oyaji said:

I wonder if Trips had a talk with him about how disappointing his run has been. What we've seen so far is Kenta playfighting as a WWE wrestler. It hasn't worked but he's so great that I hope he figures it out.

He seemed to have a really tough time adjusting to the WWE style, which is understandable considering he had to learn how to work lighter, and a big chunk of his moveset was being used by others in the company.  I thought he was looking pretty good before he got hurt the last time.  He looked far more confident.

• Like 1

Agreed, he was turning the corner and then Riddick fucking Moss happened. Let's hope he can keep it going. I can't imagine he'll have a long leash. Worst case scenario: he goes back to Japan and is awesome again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, mattdangerously said:

He seemed to have a really tough time adjusting to the WWE style, which is understandable considering he had to learn how to work lighter, and a big chunk of his moveset was being used by others in the company.

Yeah, he was really behind the 8-ball when he came in. Don't forget his first couple of months were spent getting beat up by the Ascension, then they brought Finn in as his equalizer, who was booked as cooler/better than Hideo in every way. With all the bad injury luck, his WWE run has been the worst case scenario at every turn.

• Like 3

I was really hoping for an Itami turn and for him to voice his frustration at the WWE trying to make him something he is not. Declaring that their creation Hideo Itami is dead...and KENTA has arrived. Then he and Nakamura tear it up. Not likely in any way, but I would have dug it.

Itami still has the mystery guy who injured him the first time story to tell before turning. Unfortunately, with all the culprits moving up, it'll probably end up being his white limo.

Turning now would be a waste, I say they pull the trigger and move him up and let him flounder a bit then turn him.

Spoiler

Am I correct that the only thing announced for Takeover Orlando so far is Asuka vs Ember Moon?   besides this and probably a 3 way tag team dance and a Sanity 6 man tag it seems they are waiting until the last minute on this.   I saw once lineup that had nothing for Ohno and not incredibly appealing except the 3 way tag

I am almost to the point of ditching the show for this really loaded CZW Best of the Best tournament.

Well also and this is being advertised for tonight so it's out there and loving every minute of it

Bobby Roode vs. Kassius Ohno - Winner defends NXT Title against Shinsuke Nakamura at Takeover

Do they usually use workers for future NXT touring posters that they know will likely not be around? Am I to gather from that Asuka won't be called up after Mania? That kind of sucks if it means she's still in NXT by then. 

9 minutes ago, Oyaji said:

Do they usually use workers for future NXT touring posters that they know will likely not be around? Am I to gather from that Asuka won't be called up after Mania? That kind of sucks if it means she's still in NXT by then. 

The "rumblings" are that the only immediate post Mania call-ups are Nakamura, Revival and Drifter

And meaning - the RAW and SDL immediately after

There will be callups whenever they do the next Draft too (June if they go a full calendar year from the last one) so this would be the last hurrah for some of those folks then

Thanks for the answer. That is odd. If she isn't dropping the title to Ember Moon, they haven't built anyone else remotely up to that level. Nikki Cross is more than able of getting there but she needs more televised matches. Unless they're dragging this out to a rematch for the next special and Ember wins it on attempt #2. The division is so stagnant, I don't think keeping it in a holding pattern for 4 or however many months is a great idea. Asuka, like Nakamura, badly needs to be on the main roster at this point. 

10 minutes ago, Cristobal said:

wat

Something happens to explain it but I honestly can't remember if it has aired yet

Spoiler

Drifter loses a "Loser Leaves NXT" match to Kassius Ohno