DVDVR Message Board

NXT MARCH 2017 DISCUSSION

RIPPA

The Drifter is great.  I think his debut is what I'm looking forward to most over the next few days.

I know he's been slimming down already, but Ohno looked like a better fit for Heavy Machinery than Knight did.  Right as I thought that, he did his senton and Nigel exclaimed, "All that weight!"

• Like 1

I am so into The Revival. I mean, I have been since the jump, That's not saying anything new. But I love how they're like the perfect foil for both DIY and AOP. That promo the week before about how they have heart but want to make money is so spot on. For real: I've put my head down to put in time to advance my career by working long hours, going to school, commuting a few hours a day for a long part of my adult life, etc. And I like what I do. But, most importantly, I want to get paid for what I do, and I want to get paid well. There's nothing wrong in wanting a good paycheck. That's something admirable. It's not Dawson and Dash's fault DIY were wrestling in front of 35 people and getting stiffed on paychecks. But,at the same time, they have the dedication and desire to perfect their craft. That's why they keep getting over on AOP. They're smarter than a big pair of goofs led by some madman.

Top Guys all day all night.

The Roode/Nak promo videos are so absurdly entertaining. I love Roode lounging in his rec room toasting himself and that tacky painting of himself. I very much want to see a NXT audience filled with Wharton grads. The Bobby Roode Archetype is why I became such a wrestling dork.

They really wasted a "Loser Leaves NXT" match. The match itself wasn't bad. It's just that there was no real build for this. Something with The Drifter maybe leaving NXT for good should have some more build to it. Also, I'm not feeling Kassius. Almost all of that is because his gear sucks so much. He looks like some slob trying to fit into a knock-off Dream Team jersey at an open run at a LA Fitness.

• Like 2

Heavy Machinery is the funniest tag team I've seen in like forever. Unfortunately, they are definitely not going to stay long in NXT, they're ready for the the big two as is.

Drifter wearing a Ziggy Stardust shirt was probably the trolliest thing he could do on short notice. Getting the Bolieve treatment is a great callback thou.

After that heinous action, Ohno should turn heel.

• RIPPA locked this topic