DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

Yeah after my first robbery - I haven't had to worry. And I had done all the camp upgrades before that.

Now I stopped putting cash into the camp funds but I will throw some random items in just to keep people from bitching at me.

That being said - if I start going on a random spending spree (like for weapons and horses) I might start thinking about saving more

I only replenish the camp supplies when they drop into the red. 

I had to stop last night after the second Mrs Linton mission because it was too depressing to continue. 

"Just run away with the girl, Arthur. Screw Dutch and Micah and Bill and the rest of them." 

• Like 1

I finally got around to doing the Doctor robbery in Valentine

Got out of town with only a $1.50 bounty.

Of course - I had to shoot a lawman in the face later because my horse got stuck on a fence and he caught up.

Still will all the fussing some people made about it online - I only ended up paying $25

My horse got hit by a train today, and it was pretty much the most horrifying thing to ever happen to me in a video game.

Removing the saddle from it's dead carcass legit almost had me in tears.

Guess it's time to go find myself one of those fancy mountain horses.  

I am not sure if anyone else besides me had the issue but they did fix the bug where certain people never appeared at camp unless they were mission givers (Abigail, Sadie, Jack)

Was finally able to give Sadie the harmonica she wanted that I have been carrying around since Chapter 1

5 hours ago, CSC said:

My horse got hit by a train today, and it was pretty much the most horrifying thing to ever happen to me in a video game.

Removing the saddle from it's dead carcass legit almost had me in tears.

Guess it's time to go find myself one of those fancy mountain horses.  

Yeah, it sucks. I’ve only lost one horse, and it was my race/war horse. The saddle bit stunk and I was pretty bummed about it. I closed app after it happened but that didn’t do anything to change it. 

So Ladybird II (same breed/type) carried on the legacy. I wish I could take that horse online. 

I’ve only had three horses the entire time prior. Ladybird, Snoopy and Prikkley Pete (profanity edit).

• Thanks 1

I have used 2 - with the War Horse I got from the pre-order basically being used 90% of the time.

I did finally stable the horse that was Mrs. Grimshaw's so I think I might start using that more.

I have one stabled (one of the free ones) I don’t think I’ve even ridden yet. I did try and use my back—up to raise its stats in case I need it. I also have a temp horse in camp I accidentally acquired in Valentine when I was fleeing the law and jumped on a similar looking horse and rode off. 

I'm in chapter 5, and I swear I got a tinge of anxiety because I feel like I'm reaching the climax, and I don't want the game to end.  Seriously, the last few missions I've done are among the best video game moments of my life (for context, the last video game console I didn't own was the Sega Saturn).  I've played Arthur as a decent dude who is always willing to lend a helping hand, but won't hesitate to put you in the ground if you cross him.  I'm in no way an innocent, but I live by a code.  The last couple missions I've done made me really appreciate that choice.  

Spoiler

When Dutch killed the old lady in the cave, and Arthur just stares at him like he didn't recognize the man who raised him...I felt that shit.  Dutch spent the entire game preaching to the gang that they aren't criminals, they were people seeking the freedom to live life on their own terms.  At that moment, Arthur looked him in the face and knew it was all bullshit.  That shit is rare in a video game.

• Like 2

There is no law in Butcher Creek. I was walking through town and one of their goats rammed me and knocked me down. In return, I kicked it. I suddenly have 10 angry hillbillies shooting at me.

I took care of that group and went back into town. I started an argument, and I had another posse of hillbillies shooting at me. 

After about 30 minutes, I had killed about 60 residents. No bounties during the entire bloodbath. The best part, I didn’t earn a single penny while looting. No belt buckles, rings, pocket watches, nothing. They only thing I was able to loot were herbs like currant and violet snowdrop. 

• Like 1

Came across my first clan meeting today, started sneaking up to them got ready to shoot ... and then the dumbasses set themselves on fire and like 5 of them burned alive while the others ran and the leader was the only one left for me to kill.  

This game continues to be so wonderfully weird.

• Haha 2

Boy I love the cinematic camera but I hate the cinematic camera sometimes too

I had killed a legendary animal - it was either the fox or the boar since those are the most recent - and I am headed to the trapper

I pop it into cinematic mode

Next thing I know - I hear the random event where the police are bringing someone in and they are saying they are framed.

Well one of the two lawmen plows STRAIGHT into my horse sending everything flying. And then he starts shooting at me like it was my fault.

Even the game knew it was bullshit since it didn't give me negative karma for defending myself

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, RIPPA said:

Holy Fuck did things just escalate quickly

Fucking O’Driscolls

That happened to me this morning. I wanted a nice quiet mission to do before going to St Denis to do some of the side quests.

again, I’m annoyed there was no time to loot all the bodies. 

• Like 1

And I was irritated because it was another time when you think the mission is for one person and they swerve you into something else.

Like the only reason I picked it was because of who the game claimed was giving the quest