DVDVR Message Board

RED DEAD REDEMPTION 2 SINGLE PLAYER

RIPPA

I'm behind you guys because of travel and stuff, just lassoed the guy trying to run away from debt collection.  But my horse, Mr. Ed, got too close to the train and sort of winced and made a weird sound.   I got off him, collected the debt and went back to Mr. Ed...

I then audibly shouted "WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU MEAN MY HORSE HAS DIED."  

I turned around, beat the debtor to death, looted him, threw him in the nearby lake, and walked to the nearest train station.  

Fuck this game.  I'm hooked. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm behind you guys because of travel and stuff, just lassoed the guy trying to run away from debt collection.  But my horse, Mr. Ed, got too close to the train and sort of winced and made a weird sound.   I got off him, collected the debt and went back to Mr. Ed...

I turned around, beat the debtor to death, looted him, threw him in the nearby lake, and walked to the nearest train station.  

Fuck this game.  I'm hooked. 

Funny. My online horse is named Wilbur Post. 

• Like 1

Do we know what was in today’s update? 

I only had time today to do Lenny’s stagecoach robbery (see my previous statement about this gangs luck) and a robbery for Alden. 

One thing I hadn’t noticed before is that I was riding to Catfish Junction, I stumbled upon a gang hangout but they were labeled as “officials.” I rode through it rather than stopping to fight them. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode

General and Miscellaneous

• Fixed an issue where the player could become stuck at 90% when loading an autosave made immediately after the mission ‘Country Pursuits’, if it was the only open mission
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck on loading screen when trying to restart game after completing the mission ‘County Pursuits’
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading a save in Chapter 2, if they had set up camp near Horseshoe Overlook after completing ‘The First Shall Be Last’
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at 90% when loading after loading an autosave or manual save
  • Fixed an issue where players could lose access to all weapons and equipment in their weapon wheel after completing a mission replay in Guarma

Red Dead Online Beta

General and Miscellaneous 

• General stability improvements
  • Fixed the issue where players removing an injured horse from the stables without healing it would result in the Scrawny Nag appearing when whistling for their horse
  • Fixed an issue where players could not exit the house in the Mission ‘Love and Honor’
  • Fixed an issue where players would be unable to load beyond 90% in the Red Dead Online beta unless they entered Story mode first
  • Fixed an issue where players could become stuck at a black screen after a Posse leader quit the lobby in the mission ‘Love and Honor’
  • Fixed an issue where players could crash to the Xbox Home screen when resuming from a suspended state after connecting to Xbox Live services
  • Fixed an issue where players could be kicked from Rockstar game services with error 0x99395004 after completing part 2 of the mission ‘Honor Among Horse Thieves’

10 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

But my horse, Mr. Ed, got too close to the train and sort of winced and made a weird sound.   I got off him, collected the debt and went back to Mr. Ed...

Happened to me with Ladybird IV. Not a debt, but I was feeling saucy near a moving train. Stinks losing a horse. 

• Like 1

I am at the last mission of Chapter 4 and now I can't return to camp until I want to do that mission

For some reason I am really afraid of mission random stranger shit - like last night I finally got the creepy dude who wanted me to kill Night Folk.

So yeah - now I am on the other side of the map randomly looking for collectibles.

I am a little irritated at myself because I spoiled some more end game stuff just by using an interactive map

I mean it wasn't anything I didn't already suspect happened but now I am like "So much for finding all the dinosaur bones right now"

I'm loving just wandering around, hunting at random, looting abandoned settlements, finding places and getting a lay of the land.   It's enormous, and I'm still only on Chapter 2.  Just did the side(?) mission where you have to follow the magician dwarf around.   I kept trying to lasso him to end the mission but it wouldn't work.   The cutscene afterward was odd, but I guess I'll have some money waiting for me in St. Denis, whereever that is. 

So, I'm wandering, and I've been told to search every house's chimney as there will usually be money.   And I see a pig farm clearly marked on the map, so, I head in that direction, since it's on the way to Hosea's stagecoach robbing mission.  As soon as I see the guy I'm greeted by, I instantly say to myself "this guy's going to drug and/or murder me."  Sure fucking enough... 

I head back to the house, shotgun both him and his sister/wife(?) to hell and cannot find the money they robbed off me. Eventually, because I'm stupid, I set the house on fire.  At this point, I panic, because I'm out about $250 and kind of need that money.   So, in my panic, I pause, go to YouTube and find the tutorial.  It was literally in the only place I hadn't looked, got my money, and got the fuck out of dodge. 

Lousy redneck bastards.  That will teach me to be nice to anyone.

I stumbled across the last part of Oh, Brother and that tickled me to no end

I still think I like The Ties That Bind the most

(At least out of the stuff I have done and can remember)

5 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

I'm loving just wandering around, hunting at random, looting abandoned settlements, finding places and getting a lay of the land.   It's enormous, and I'm still only on Chapter 2.  Just did the side(?) mission where you have to follow the magician dwarf around.   I kept trying to lasso him to end the mission but it wouldn't work.   The cutscene afterward was odd, but I guess I'll have some money waiting for me in St. Denis, whereever that is

So, I'm wandering, and I've been told to search every house's chimney as there will usually be money.   And I see a pig farm clearly marked on the map, so, I head in that direction, since it's on the way to Hosea's stagecoach robbing mission.  As soon as I see the guy I'm greeted by, I instantly say to myself "this guy's going to drug and/or murder me."  Sure fucking enough... 

I head back to the house, shotgun both him and his sister/wife(?) to hell and cannot find the money they robbed off me. Eventually, because I'm stupid, I set the house on fire.  At this point, I panic, because I'm out about $250 and kind of need that money.   So, in my panic, I pause, go to YouTube and find the tutorial.  It was literally in the only place I hadn't looked, got my money, and got the fuck out of dodge. 

Lousy redneck bastards.  That will teach me to be nice to anyone.

Theatre.

So, now that I've finished the game and I'm just generally pissing about, I've only now discovered my new passion which is to lasso and then hogtie random strangers and then dump them alive on the train tracks because why the fuck not? I haven't seen them get murder death killed by any trains so far because I generally just dump them on the tracks and then piss off elsewhere but I figure, there's gotta be a lot of gore and intestines and that, right?

I also decided to go on a murder rampage down in the Bayou just because. So I had 87 lawmen after me who I could have tried to take care of but I figured, fuck it, instead of being murderised by the pigs, I jumped in the swamp and was mauled by a gator.

Suicide by alligator. That's a new one, I guess.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Fuzzy Dunlop said:

So, now that I've finished the game and I'm just generally pissing about, I've only now discovered my new passion which is to lasso and then hogtie random strangers and then dump them alive on the train tracks because why the fuck not? I haven't seen them get murder death killed by any trains so far because I generally just dump them on the tracks and then piss off elsewhere but I figure, there's gotta be a lot of gore and intestines and that, right?

I also decided to go on a murder rampage down in the Bayou just because. So I had 87 lawmen after me who I could have tried to take care of but I figured, fuck it, instead of being murderised by the pigs, I jumped in the swamp and was mauled by a gator.

Suicide by alligator. That's a new one, I guess.

I think there is an achievement for doing the Snidely Whiplash 3 times, 

After robbing John's train, I finally made enough money to pay off my bounty in Strawberry ($300, thanks Micah) and the rest of the states, because I was sick of getting attacked every five minutes while I was driving the deer population to extinction.  Approaching the end of Chapter 2.   I'll join the online crew soon enough, just want to make sure my mechanics are sound before I go into the hellscape that I'm sure Online is. 

Also, I just went fishing with the kid.  I'm positive he's going to be part of some hostage situation that's going to be  an incredible pain in the ass to deal with somewhere down the line.  

Dutch is dropping future heel turn lines like he's Big Smoke "welcoming" CJ back to San Andreas.  

Ran into the two strangers who blew themselves up. First by the meat plant near the grays mansion. Then, after a post-alligator restart, on the outskirts of Caliga Hall. 

I was luckily wearing my bandana when crossing into St Denis and attacked by Bronte goons. It raised a warning level, but as I was riding off, I took off my kerchief and got away.