DVDVR Message Board

MMA Talk.

The Natural

Guest Edwin

As much as I like Miocic, he's got nothing for JDS.

I actually don't think any of the current heavyweights aside from Cain has anything for JDS.

JDS is basically the Frankie Edgar/Chad Mendes of the heavyweight division.

Miocic has something for JDS. If you're a heavyweight who is good at striking, and your opponent's primary mode of attack is striking, you always have something for him. JDS is crisper, and - if my mind's eye is right at all - has better reach, but he's not so outlandishly good at striking that Miocic can't get him. 

Do I think JDS is the massive favourite? Sure. Do I think Miocic has nothing for him? Nope. He's not a dummy like Carwin and he's not 5'10 like Hunt.

I also think Werdum would be interesting in a JDS rematch. He's looked excellent since his UFC return.  

Stipe Miocic:

tumblr_mb7h0dYQja1rh67fso2_500.gif

JDS vs. Werdum:

tumblr_mujdn4nRRQ1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Same technique too.

I wish the UFC would make some decisions that would make me care as much about the events as I used to.  It didn't matter if I liked the main event or not, every event felt really important overall.  They used to have events where the prelim card quality rivaled the quality of the main card, and in a good way.  If that happens now it's only because the main card is equally as shitty.   

As much as I like Miocic, he's got nothing for JDS.

I actually don't think any of the current heavyweights aside from Cain has anything for JDS.

JDS is basically the Frankie Edgar/Chad Mendes of the heavyweight division.

Miocic has something for JDS. If you're a heavyweight who is good at striking, and your opponent's primary mode of attack is striking, you always have something for him. JDS is crisper, and - if my mind's eye is right at all - has better reach, but he's not so outlandishly good at striking that Miocic can't get him. 

Do I think JDS is the massive favourite? Sure. Do I think Miocic has nothing for him? Nope. He's not a dummy like Carwin and he's not 5'10 like Hunt.

I also think Werdum would be interesting in a JDS rematch. He's looked excellent since his UFC return.  

Stipe Miocic:

JDS vs. Werdum:

Same technique too.

I'd like to think a professional fighter can work on areas of weakness over the course of a year and a half. 

Guest Edwin

I'd like to think a professional fighter can work on areas of weakness over the course of a year and a half. 

He can and has, but even with those improvements he hasn't shown he has the stand up to beat JDS or the wrestling to take JDS down.

Heard Dublin main might be McGregor vs. Miller.

Reasonable.

Tough fight for Miller.

I thought Dennis siver was german? Struve is pretty bad, yes, and making a comeback

He is and since they're doing a card in Germany, he would be the perfect fighter to headline or co-headline it.

Dennis Siver is about to headline the first UFC card of his career, I'm sure.

If his B Sample test from UFC 168 comes back clean... never a good sign when your A Sample test is "inconclusive."

He can and has, but even with those improvements he hasn't shown he has the stand up to beat JDS or the wrestling to take JDS down.

I doubt he'd plan to take JDS down, but I also don't think the Brazilian is sufficiently bulletproof. As I say, he's the clear favourite, but Miocic has enough chin, size and skill to make it more than just a blowout.