DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Since I can't do drag queen in GTA, I need my guy to look like he belongs in Robert DeNiro's crew in Heat, that or a thug trying to kill Martin Sheen in The Believers.

That's usually my guide. :)

I always forget about my grenades. I constantly have to remind myself that I have explosives at my disposal.

When the trio we fought yesterday was headed at me at full tilt for another drive-by attempt on my ass, I was like, "Oh, shit. What do I do? HEY, I HAVE A ROCKET LAUNCHER~!"

The one time I tried to shoot them with a rocket launcher, I shot 3 DAMN ROCKETS at them and missed with them all. I could hear them laughing in my head.

It reminded me of the time I was whizzing about 20 rockets all around Rippa during that Capture, who I couldn't hit with a rocket EVEN THOUGH HE WAS IN A DAMN GREYHOUND BUS.

There are times where I'm like "God, man, could you be any worse at this?"

Do not feel bad.  The only reason my rocket hit yesterday was because they stopped their car and gave me an eternity of five seconds to get a good bead.

I also benefitted from Mass Effect 3 multiplayer gameplay.  I always aim at the ground in front of the target instead of the target itself.  The explosion should do the rest.

Too bad the game enforces self damage.  In Halo 4 deathmatches and Mass Effect 3 multiplayer, I never hesitate to fire a rocket directly at the ground under my feet if I am surrounded.

Blowing them up in their car was kind of a mistake though.  When they respawned, I was surrounded. :angry:

I'll go after lower rank folks intentionally sometimes, and I've run into a few that can go (likely higher lever folks on their second characters), but this guy seemed genuinely inept.  Anybody that goes after me is fair game, and sometimes I do succumb to melraz's kill all white dots bloodlust.

I'm completely useless at grenades, but I've become pretty damn good with sticky bombs.  I end up using those like grenades in a lot of cases.  They're much easier because the timing and eventual landing point is much more predictable.

I'm not much good with the rocket launcher either, though I did get the guy who was down in the tunnel armed with a minigun with my RPG yesterday.  It was his own damn fault though.  He was standing next to his giant, lime green sandking.  I couldn't see him, but I could see the sandking.  I ran in, did a combat roll to dodge the minigun rounds, shot the RPG at the sandking, and ran back out.  Either the RPG or the explosion from the sandking took him out.  I don't think I could've pulled that off if he'd been in there without the truck.  He wasn't very bright though.  First kill on him was when I shot him in the top of the head as he lumbered along below me with his minigun.  He brought the wrong weapon to that fight - made him an easy target, and he had no way to auto target me.

I always forget about my grenades. I constantly have to remind myself that I have explosives at my disposal.

When the trio we fought yesterday was headed at me at full tilt for another drive-by attempt on my ass, I was like, "Oh, shit. What do I do? HEY, I HAVE A ROCKET LAUNCHER~!"

The one time I tried to shoot them with a rocket launcher, I shot 3 DAMN ROCKETS at them and missed with them all. I could hear them laughing in my head.

It reminded me of the time I was whizzing about 20 rockets all around Rippa during that Capture, who I couldn't hit with a rocket EVEN THOUGH HE WAS IN A DAMN GREYHOUND BUS.

There are times where I'm like "God, man, could you be any worse at this?"

I have plenty of those moments.  Accidentally blowing myself, and my personal vehicle, up with a sticky bomb after I got too close to the armored car I was trying to hit yesterday was one.  Or when a guy ran me over in reverse 6 times in a row a few days ago without me ever managing to get a kill on him.

I'm tired of looking like everyone else in the game. You notice how about 90 percent of the guys look the same?

But you never change your outfit or your hair.  You, Rippa, and Dolfan make me feel bad because I don't wear suits and prefer the urban commando full battle rattle of leather jackets, jeans, and work boots.

I am way too OCD to not change up my outfit before heading out of my apartment.  I don't change my physical appearance because I hate just about every hairstyle and beard at the barber shop.

Oddly enough, I've never run into another character that looks quite like mine.  I guess the soccer mom turned goth sideshow freak look is out of fashion this year.

Oddly enough, I've never run into another character that looks quite like mine.  I guess the soccer mom turned goth sideshow freak look is out of fashion this year.

Between the acid washed jeans and the facial tattoos, signs point to yes.

I think the only female toon more frightening than yours belonged to a player I ran into once named CarnageGrrl.  She was fucking scary.

I was fine with my character except he looked WAY too much like CM Punk. Then I changed it and y'all bitched he looked WAY too much like Fresh's character.

I really need to figure out what types of thing I need to win to get that achievement.

I assume they are all plane based (though I can't remember if I ever won a vehicle deathmatch)

I am glad to read these freemode stories so i dont have to experience them.

If i spent more than 30 seconds in freemode after exiting a mission/race, i worry 14 blood thirsty iditos are just waitingbto shoot me.

That's why I've decided to leave my character in board shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops.

My guy looks generic enough as is, and in the few days I was wearing the jeans/boots/motorcycle jacket combo I ran into a million dudes who were dressed exactly the same.  I'm just hoping there are some better t-shirts that will unlock as I rank up because the one's that are available right now are pretty crappy.

I really need to figure out what types of thing I need to win to get that achievement.

I assume they are all plane based (though I can't remember if I ever won a vehicle deathmatch)

In order to get the Numero Uno achievement you have to come in first in:

- A Deathmatch

- A Team Deathmatch (some say you don't have to be Team MVP, but they aren't sure)

- A Vehicle Deathmatch

- A Standard Race

- A GTA Race

- A Rally Race as a driver or a navigator

- An Air Race

- A Sea Race

- Arm Wrestling

- Darts (can be set to minimum levels)

- Tennis (at least a single set)

- Golf (can be set to play just one hole)

- Complete all waves of Survival (some say with max kills, others say you just have to live)

- Gun Range Shooting Challenges (some say one challenge is enough, others say you have to win all three; Target Grid and the others which I forget)

- One Parachute Jump (some say can be done solo)

- One gang attack and get max kills (can be done solo)

I know you have won a vehicle deathmatch because Robert and I personally thew the helicopter deathmatch to you and Mark during one Jobber Thursday.

That's why I've decided to leave my character in board shorts, t-shirt and flip-flops.

My guy looks generic enough as is, and in the few days I was wearing the jeans/boots/motorcycle jacket combo I ran into a million dudes who were dressed exactly the same.  I'm just hoping there are some better t-shirts that will unlock as I rank up because the one's that are available right now are pretty crappy.

That's funny because nearly every guy I see running around now is either in a suit or wears boards and flip flops instead of my favored leather jacket / jeans / boots combo.

Yeah - looking at that list I know I need

Golf win and the shooting range stuff

If solo parachuting counts - then I am done there too

The same Thursday that the copter deathmatch was thrown was when you guys threw a copter race to me too

That's funny because nearly every guy I see running around now is either in a suit or wears boards and flip flops instead of my favored leather jacket / jeans / boots combo.

I stopped wearing my jacket/jean/boot combo because we started looking like brothers from another mother

I figured that was a little too weird

I prefer changing up my look, although never going superskanky in a bikini or lingerie and high heels.

Now that i have some spending money, i may try to buy an official outfit and not just mix and match hoodies, chucks and tennis skirts.

And as with the comical race we threw for Mark, I nearly screwed up and won the heli race.  We can knock out the golf with by setting the match lenght to one sudden death hole at Hole 6 (Par 3).

There is a platinum medal associated with getting a Granny on the Target Grid aka finishing a challenge with all targets turned over to your color, so whomever jobs that to you cannot fire a single shot. 

I stopped wearing my jacket/jean/boot combo because we started looking like brothers from another mother

I figured that was a little too weird

I've started to add a lot of hoodies and skate shoes to my wardrobe so you can start rocking the leather jackets and boots again.

If you only do one golf hole, it should at leqst be Dreaded Hole 7.

No, that shit is too hard.  Hole 6 is a Par 3 and you can do the job just by slugging the hell out of the golf ball or underhitting it on purpose so that it goes into one of the bunkers..

This would mean that Rippa does not also blow the fucking tee shot and sinks the putt.

In order to get the Numero Uno achievement you have to come in first in:

- A Deathmatch

- A Team Deathmatch (some say you don't have to be Team MVP, but they aren't sure)

- A Vehicle Deathmatch

- A Standard Race

- A GTA Race

- A Rally Race as a driver or a navigator

- An Air Race

- A Sea Race

- Arm Wrestling

- Darts (can be set to minimum levels)

- Tennis (at least a single set)

- Golf (can be set to play just one hole)

- Complete all waves of Survival (some say with max kills, others say you just have to live)

- Gun Range Shooting Challenges (some say one challenge is enough, others say you have to win all three; Target Grid and the others which I forget)

- One Parachute Jump (some say can be done solo)

- One gang attack and get max kills (can be done solo)

I know you have won a vehicle deathmatch because Robert and I personally thew the helicopter deathmatch to you and Mark during one Jobber Thursday.

A lot left to go for me then.  I've got the DMs, and I got the last race on the last job day.  I won at darts once, and finally lucked into a parachute win.  Still need golf, tennis, arm wrestling, and the shooting range.  Only way I'm winning those is via a deliberate job.  I might be able to lose at tennis against an empty court