DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

I think Pegasus just deilvers aircraft to the nearest airfield.  I have called Pegasus for my Buzzard twice and it always ends up at Higgins Helitours if I am in the city. 

Airplanes will probably spawn at LSI or Sandy Shores.

Since nearly everyone in the game seems to live at the same crib as me on Alta Street, I will probably move to either the penthouse at Weazel Plaza or the penthouse on Integrity Way..

I like my spot since I am two blocks from the golf course in one direction and like three blocks to LSC in the other direction.

It makes starting the game off by stealing a car for Simeon real easy.

Fuck I really need to acquire a better motorcycle

I jjust assumed you couldn't call Lester. Well, there's a game-changer.  :)

The Richards Majestic apartments have a helipad, but no access to your apartment from the helipad. So you'd have to land, hope you could parachute down, do so, and go in your apartment. You then couldn't get back to your helicopter.

I have been thinking about getting another motorcycle for street riding, but I am not too thrilled with what is out there.  I already own a Bati 800RR that I use for racing and the lack of livery on the Dinka Double T disappoints me.

If only the Hakuchou from TBoGT and TLAD were available.

hakuchoutladfront.png

I like living hear an AmmuNation and the golf course, but the Los Santos Customs in the center of town is useless in the typical Freemode session because there's usually 15 players there warring it out. It's rare that it's clear there, and that's the best place in town to steal good cars to be sold, too. Then again, that's what that closed crew or invite-only or private session is for - sell your cars, buy your ammo, ponder your next move.

And when I first started playing this game 500 years ago, I used to go everywhere on a Bati 800RR. I was actually a pretty good driver on it when I wasn't crashing RUkered into a gate at top speed at Fort Zancudo. But somewhere along the way I switched over to a car and just lost the touch for motorcycles. They're the death of me, no matter what. Running from the cops or another player is a good way to die, guaranteed.

I think I'm used to taking certain liberties with a car that you can't with a bike - if I'm slightly off-course and am heading toward a light pole, I'll take it out in a car, but it'll take me out on a bike. That charming combination of "fast" and "uncontrollable" is why I hate riding around Freemode in Adders or my Pegassi Monroe, and it's why I don't like motorcycles that much.

Still, I find myself in so many situations where I'm racing with folks and someone picks a motorcycle race with custom vehicles on, and I can either quit or finish last 'cause the stock cycles can't keep up with the modded ones. Same with muscle cars. People like racing those things, and I can't stand driving 'em, most times. They're fairly good vehicles to steal in Freemode, 'cause they have some power to them, but I hate racing them.

I'll stick to my four-door "dad car." Got a new member of the dad car club in Robert, who seems to be enjoying his recent acquisition.

Oh yeah, been playing more deathmatches with randoms trying to get better at them and at Freemode - got my teeth kicked in nearly every time. Once, I started with three kills in a row and was stupidly like "hey, I think I'm getting the hang of this." Those were my last three kills of the match.

I was thinking about buying a super bike, but want to save my money now for a Turismo R.

Bikes are ridiculously cheap.  It's the mods that will kill your bank account.

I'd say this ol' boy will miss the gta online events today. I was right and my phone rang at 3am. Now I'm sittin onna choo choo lookin out for tanks and bastards to try to land on me so I can kick em the hell off. Oh and I love motorcycles half of my garage is full of em I've got 5.

• Like 1

No apartments have helipads.  There is one near a hospital that has one or else the Sandy Shores 6 car garage (my current home) is close to the airfield.

Pegasus can be dicks of where they deliver aircraft.  I was doing Base Invaders and decided to call in a Buzzard instead of using Ron's crappy plane from Sandy Shores airfield.  Pegasus spawned the Buzzard at Trevor's airfield.

Since the PSN store had it on sale, I've been playing The Lost and Damned again, which is becoming one of my favorite GTA games.  Can you do the Road Rash style motorcyle races in this game?  Also I think they should have the ability to ride as a posse and get health back like in TLAD.

The AP pistol is sweet when you're the passenger of a car, but I probably should use the little machine gun instead.

The AP pistol is much better than the Uzi.  Slower fire rate, but the bullets do way more damage.  The Uzi is pretty much useless in this game IMO.  It hasn't been good since Vice City, and perhaps San Andreas when you got enough skill to use two of them Chow Yun Fat style.

Next GTA 5 update needs more television shows.  I know that there is supposed to be another episode of Princess Robot Bubblegum locked in the code, but I would like to get a follow up episode of The Men's Room.  Someone find a bag of money to give to Bas Rutten.

He probably doesn't need that much money.  He's been on Joe Rogan's podcast and that dude will talk for (literally) hours.  I would suspect that if there is a major single player DLC there will be new radio/TV content, like what they did with Episodes from Liberty City.

I would like at least part of the single player DLC to be about the Lost and Johnny's story in San Andreas.  It would make for interesting fare, especially seeing as what happens to Johnny.  They could make it take place in the Sandy Shores area, so it would have a different feel than the main game and give people more Trevor stuff to play with.

Too many things to reply, so I'm not even gonna try.

The AP pistol is a damn good gun.  I'm working my way to LSPD tint on it, and I'm getting a ton of headshots with it.  I wouldn't mind pistol only deathmatches at all if I got to use that.

Pegasus was really screwing with us on tanks last night, when we all tried to call one in at the same time to deal with one.  It took melraz and I about 5-6 times each to actually get one delivred.

I finally got my Tailgater last night, and promptly spent 200K on mods.  Traded in a Voltic for that.  I've been trying to find one of those forever.

And melraz and I had the most ridiculous car chase ever last night.  I got a 3 star wanted level up by the movie theater and got the stupid idea of jacking the tour bus.  I spent about 10 minutes avoiding the cops while melraz ran cover in a stolen armored car and provided commentary for my imaginary sightseeing passengers.  worst tour of LS ever.

• Like 1

God - Flight School can go screw

Here are two lessons now HERE IS AN COURSE TO DEAL WITH!!!

Or the fact that because I didn't land in the exact spot you wanted me to I failed

Or the "HERE IS A FUCKING HELICOPTER WE NEVER TAUGHT YOU TO FLY!!!"

Thank God I had fucked around with them in online

The one thing I hate about "Flight School" is that it happens about nine missions too late. 

I coulda used all of those airplane piloting suggestions when I was crashing into bridges with Trevor while trying to deliver guns to his Mexican customers.

I had stolen enough helicopters in the course of cheating to find letter scraps that I already had a handle on flying those things.  Yeah, Peter Dreyfuss died too quickly and and with not enough suffering for my liking.

Funnily enough - I was fine until the helicopter one because I keep missing the time goal.

I did realize that if I change the way I hold the controller when flying it makes my life a lot easier.

Maybe we could do like Bryant and stylize our logo to look like a Dead Kennedys logo?

My girlfriend and I got into a major argument yesterday and I sucked in a deathmatch.  Played some ME3, still sucked.

She called me this morning at 4AM and semi-apologized for being stubborn.  I've been a boyfriend and an ex-husband long enough to know that's the best I was going to get, so I was happy.  I couldn't go back to sleep, so in celebration, I logged on long enough to move from the penthouse Alta Street to the one at Weazel Plaza.

Our relationship and arguments roll in cycles, so I suspect I'll be back to being angry and wanting to shoot things in the head in about two weeks.  We put up with each other's shit better than our respective ex-spouses, so there is always that going for us.

• Like 1

Finally got the award last night for fully modding a car.

It took Mark and I like 10 minutes figuring out what I had missed that was causing me to not get it. He pointed out that I had to buy a horn but irritated me so I had having to spend that much cash on shit I don't need/like/use.

It turned out that I didn't realize that there were both front AND rear bumper options.

I am also an idiot because until you guys talked about buying a motorcycle yesterday - I didn't realize those stores existed. So I bought a Bati RR. Plus since there was a bunch of free stuff from the Beach Bum pack I never got so my garage filled up quickly so time to sell some stuff off.

Yeah, you have to buy everything including shit you don't need.

Most people forget to add custom tire smoke, the horn, or turbo tuning (which is really stupid if you already have a race transmission for your vehicle). 

The good thing is that it isn't expensive to return your horn to stock. 

I also hadn't added a custom hood but that was partly because the only thing I have unlocked is the carbon fiber hood (I assume there are more choices) and I didn't like the way it looked on my car.

Some carbon hoods look sweet and others are jacked up.  I like the carbon hood and roof on my Elegy RH8.

I hate the exhaust port selection on some of the cars.  Too much titanium and not enough chrome.  I may steal and mod a Futo just to have the unique looking Shakotan exhaust pipes.

FutoBack_zps3116a0e7.jpg

That shit is tunerific.

OH!

The other "I am an idiot moment" - I never ever realized how many cheap color options there were in LCS. For whatever reason - I didn't figure out I scroll down.

No wonder Simeon probably hates me for all the Rolled Steel cars I sell him.

• Like 1