DVDVR Message Board

Grand Theft Auto V Talk.

Hey guys

Just a FYI to keep misanthrope in your thoughts as he is in the hospital after suffering a heart attack.

He is posting on Facebook (which is how I just found out about it) so that is good all things considered.

But since many of us in this thread have gamed with him - I wanted to let y'all know

Sorry to hear about Misanthrope. Hang in there and Godspeed to you.

Tried to go into GTA V online 3 times last night and was popped into story mode each time because of network timeout, so I said to hell with it and went to bed.

Probably try again  in a few minutes.

I hate that it appears like I'm going to have to give AT&T money for a DSL line.

Jeez, that's crazy. Just now seeing the news about Mis. That's insane. Man, I've spent a lot of time gaming with him lately, in an Xbox chat where the only words spoken every 30 minutes are "can you hear me?" Hopefully it's not too bad, hell, I dunno what else to say. I consider the guy a cornerstone of the late-night crew, but I hope his doctor orders him to burn his copy of GTA, as mad as I've heard him get playing. 

I just noticed he sent me a brief PM, gotta share my favorite part (most of the message): "Had a heart attack, won't be on for a few days." For some reason, that makes me laugh like crazy. He says he's 32. I never asked Mis his age, but that's kinda what I figured, lower 30s.

I know heart woes aren't limited to older people, but damn, 32's a bit too young for that kind of thing. I'm 45 and woefully out of shape, and if something like that happened to me, I'd be like "well, had to know this was coming sooner or later." But at 32, even woefully out of shape, I'd have been pretty damn shocked by this sort of thing, even with a family history. 

Any age is too young for any bad thing to happen to any good people, but damn. 

Piss poor genetics as bad as I hate to say it fellas.  Heart disease runs on both sides of my family.  Thanks for the well wishes, they're much appreciated.  I had a blood clot gumming up the works in a small vein/aertery on my pump (widowmaker? I believe was how it was referred to).

While I highly doubt my rage while gaming caused this, I can't rule it out. If I had to wager though, I'd say it has more to do with eating fast food pretty much every day for the past few months, smoking cigarettes (for the past 18 years), and a highly stressful job.  I found it hilarious that I had to clarify (on facebook) a monster coffee didn't cause this because people were messaging my parents over a joke I made.

People are fucking stupid.

P.S. The board works great on a kindle. 

• Like 5

In all honesty, what makes the multiplayer mode "GREAT"?!
If you could name the top 3 things(5 if you feel the need to) that's help this wanker to figure out if he wants to finisher the storymode first or delve into some MULTIPLAYER.

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

BIZZURKE

That's the great thing about on line. There is just so much to do either by yourself or with strangers or friends or crew. You can play sports (golf tennis darts & arm wrestling). You can race (plane's boats cars motorcycles & bicycles). You can just goof off in free mode in the mountains swim in the ocean fly drive & boat around. Get new tattoos hair cuts & outfits. You can get into death matches survivals capture the flag last man standing & lots of missions. Then there is the free mode death match. Grab your gun and fight up to 15 other people in the same free mode. Just look out for tanks unless you can call in your own. That scratches the surface of things to do and I love to do em all. If you go have xbox and get on look me up. We'll get into some stuff and 1 play and you'll be hooked.

• Like 1

Plus there's this whole rich cast of weirdos and misfits out there. I've bumped into more than one person online I now consider a friend even though I've never met them (I call them my "GTA friends" for shorthand), including a complete loon who it turns out lives one town over from me and one of the sweetest people you'll ever talk to who's from Austria. 

Really, it's a rich tapestry, and that's not even covering the gameplay. I've had so many nights on the game just running around the map (Freemode) jumping into a moving train because I can or trying to land a car on a moving train or watching security guards shoot computer players flat dead or just running a four-wheel-drive car up a mountain, then parachuting down and seeing how long it takes me to land. I've had seven strangers riding around with me in a troop transport and more odd moments than I can count (which is why this poor thread is 5,000 pages long). I've had strangers sing to me, taken on Bane from the Batman movie, and had more 9-year-old kids call me "the n word" than I ever thought possible.

I also have a rich array of new inside jokes involving such odd topics as Juggalettes, yard sales and simply the word "hey."

If only real life were this interesting. You on Xbox or PS3? If you're on Xbox, join the crew and look for us. We'll help.

• Like 2

Piss poor genetics as bad as I hate to say it fellas.  Heart disease runs on both sides of my family.  Thanks for the well wishes, they're much appreciated.  I had a blood clot gumming up the works in a small vein/aertery on my pump (widowmaker? I believe was how it was referred to).

While I highly doubt my rage while gaming caused this, I can't rule it out. If I had to wager though, I'd say it has more to do with eating fast food pretty much every day for the past few months, smoking cigarettes (for the past 18 years), and a highly stressful job.  I found it hilarious that I had to clarify (on facebook) a monster coffee didn't cause this because people were messaging my parents over a joke I made.

People are fucking stupid.

P.S. The board works great on a kindle. 

Glad to see you are back, bro. 

I went up to see my girlfriend over the weekend and we got back to 804 right before the Icemageddon.  I asked her to stay tonight and head back around midday tomorrow, because I had no idea what the roads would look like as the evening approached.

If I am actually allowed to game tonight (I kinda promised that I might be open to watch 12 Years A Slave on OnDemand) then i am up for running a few missions before RAW comes on.

I am so thankful that the cars are built like tanks and last a long time.

I've ridden with a few people the last couple of days that me wonder when I should leap from the car.

Mind you, I've wondered how some of my cars have made it, but nothing beats what I've seen recently.

This applies to all levels of player.

You reminded me of what happened last night. For some reason, the cops never impounded my vehicle last night. They killed me at least 5-6 times, but my buggy would always be there when I respawned. Usually when it gets impounded, I just call something else in so it  gets destroyed and then pay insurance on it. Since it was there, I kept reusing it. Between getting rammed by the cops and trying to run over Hannah Montana every 3 seconds, this was the end result:

HokieBuggy_zps1777ef19.jpg

J.T. hopped in with me for an exciting cruise down the block, and by exciting I mean "swerving like a drunk because I'm constantly overcorrecting for the strong left pull." It was so beaten to shit that when I got in it the last time, two assault rifle bullets were enough to blow it up.

Also - as I'm looking at the picture, I'm realizing only an idiot like me would pick his most open-air vehicle to try to run people down.

Man, I love the MF Doom look to the Warrior mask. 

20120418_757946.jpg

And yeah, with both of the front wheels bowed inside, I was surprised we were actually moving forward.

I am so thankful that the cars are built like tanks and last a long time.

I've ridden with a few people the last couple of days that me wonder when I should leap from the car.

Mind you, I've wondered how some of my cars have made it, but nothing beats what I've seen recently.

This applies to all levels of player.

You reminded me of what happened last night. For some reason, the cops never impounded my vehicle last night. They killed me at least 5-6 times, but my buggy would always be there when I respawned. Usually when it gets impounded, I just call something else in so it  gets destroyed and then pay insurance on it. Since it was there, I kept reusing it. Between getting rammed by the cops and trying to run over Hannah Montana every 3 seconds, this was the end result:

HokieBuggy_zps1777ef19.jpg

J.T. hopped in with me for an exciting cruise down the block, and by exciting I mean "swerving like a drunk because I'm constantly overcorrecting for the strong left pull." It was so beaten to shit that when I got in it the last time, two assault rifle bullets were enough to blow it up.

Also - as I'm looking at the picture, I'm realizing only an idiot like me would pick his most open-air vehicle to try to run people down.

Man, I love the MF Doom look to the Warrior mask. 

20120418_757946.jpg

And yeah, with both of the front wheels bowed inside, I was surprised we were actually moving forward.

Shit, I thought the mask looked more like Casey Jones.

uploads_ceb1459c-43c5-402b-ae9e-dd838a1b

OOOOHHHHHH HELLLL YEEAAAHHHHH!!!! WELCOME BACK MY BROTHER!!!! Got on just for a minute tonight didn't run a single race, do a single mission, hell I didn't even fire a single bullet but I must say it was my all time favorite moment on gta. THE MIZZ WAS BACK ONLINE!!!!

• Like 2

Yeah I barely got to the lsc in my entity before some as whole blew me up to collect a 7k bounty lol.  Funny thing is I had to pay 10k to replace my car afterwards.  Wtf rockstar, w t f

I promptly turned that shit off and watched raw, and passed out on the couch for about 13 hours.

Or you could just do Rooftop Rumble 444 times.

Mis, did we not have this talk about you and those damn Entitys and Adders? You need a fast beater to run around Freemode in. I kinda like those Coquettes. I consider mine a beater - only $600-ish for the insurance.

My chores are done and it's been just an absolute shit day. But I'm home, and I'm gonna check out the ol' home away from home. Los Santos be a lady tonight (and this afternoon).

EDIT: "Tonight on GTA Online Raw, King, the main event is a 7-on-1 handicap match between the DVDR Corporation and Some Dumb Bastard from Freemode."

I think that See Nate Kill's "Ha! I'll use my tank, NO WAIT THEY HAVE TANKS TOO~!" was one of our finer moments in GTA Online.   The DVDR Iron Legion Response is now standard operating procedure.

His only retort after we blew his tank up was to turn passive and do the Jerk sign over and over until I hit him with a car.  By the time the rest of the server pop knew what was going on, it was too late.  We'd already taken over the Vinewood Hills. 

A few tried to work together and come at us, but they weren't successful.

Wolves do not concern themselves with the opinions of rabbits.

Yeah - last night was really fun.

I think all of us had various moments of triumph (despite melraz winning damn near everything)

The highlight that was JT and I being all "alright we gotta roll" but then stout, raz and Robert all got dropped into freemode together and suddenly it was all REGULATORS!!!! ROLL OUT!!!! and JT couldn't join their session fast enough.

• Like 3

A couple of hours ago, I ran into two dudes working together - one was OK, we were a good match - and the other was a killing machine. They'd both be coming after me, and I couldn't help but think "that's not fair, there's two of them working together to kill me," then I'd think "oh." I can imagine what the dudes we were fighting tonight thought of us. "Holy crap, there's seven of them?"

These two guys would come at me practically right next to each other - if I could throw sticky bombs or grenades worth a hoot, I would've been better off. But if I took a shot at one, the other roasted me, and I went through about a five-minute span where every time I spawned, I did so right next to one of them. I was getting ready to become the GTA Online equivalent of Brave Sir Robin from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail" when they left. 

And Phil, that's 'cause J.T. knows how to have fun. It's highly therapeutic when lots of people have your back. It's also oddly fun to have someone lined up in your scope and you're getting ready to squeeze the trigger when the guy gets taken out by someone else entirely.

One guy tonight decided he was gonna mess with RUkered, then go hide in his home. We see what's going on and go flying over there, and by the time the dude makes the fatal mistake of walking out of his garage, he's got five people in front of him with guns trained at him. We're just reminding people that actions occasionally have consequences.