DVDVR Message Board

Raw 6-29-15

MGFanJay

The opening was pretty good and at least entertaining throughout much of its 18 minutes. Miz was hilarious during Show-Mark, which was nothing. Ryback-Miz was nothing, and Paige beating Alicia via rollup was whatever. Bellas are now back as heels this week after apparently being faces last week. AMAZING Cena-Cesaro match. Owens attacked them both, which was perfect. In one night, they've remade Cesaro...if they want to. 

Lana and Dolph thiing was largely awful. Nice catfight between Lana and Summer though. Dean's homoerotic promo with Roman backstage was amusing. Neville had a nothing match with Sheamus and lost. Swagger is now beneath Barrett. Fast action to start, but we get a POST-BREAK CHINLOCK of course. Heels won thanks to the numbers game, Dean jobbed, and Roman ate five billion moves and the show FINALLY ended with a Sister Abigail.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2015/06/wwe-raw-6-29-15.html

Screens - 

88f19e418801234.jpg

5a9e1c418804013.jpg  

939d54418806157.jpg  

ac9070418810290.jpg 

d8b2fa418810292.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/xmlmh1aozba5q13f5wbkca3a3xg22cp0

There seemed to be a different energy and faster pace to the show tonight, for the most part. Cesaro-Cena was fantastic, and hopefully this elevates Cesaro a bit.

The ending was fine, even if it drug on a bit. Really surprised that Brock didn't destroy the car, tonight, although I'm sure it will happen, eventually.

I just can't look at Kane anymore. His weak ass chokeslams, going toe to toe with top babyfaces. Enough already. 

Also, Jack Swagger.  My god. He looked like he wanted to be anywhere but there. 

tumblr_nqqkvkFiCb1rnjfjfo1_r1_400.gif

Jack is the Biff Tannen that never got the Sports Almanac. 

• Like 9

The entire segment was sideways as hell.  I thought Lana was the one in control in that relationship, with the whole RUSEV CRUSH bit.  Now, we're supposed to think Rusev bullied her into wearing power suits and hair buns while cursing America?  GTFOH with that noise.

The writing is on the wall.  No one buys Ziggler/Lana as the faces here.  All of Lana's heat is gone. Summer Rae is going to come out of this better, for whatever that's worth. Folks were cheering when Rusev came out with Summer.  Hearing about how Ziggler beats out Lana's back isn't my idea of a good time.  At least Amy Schumer was being pretty funny when she talked about Dolph ragdolling her in bed.  And Zigs is the worst promo in the group by a landslide. He and Lana have the chemistry of wet dog hair.  Rusev/Summer Rae smoke them in that department, too.

Damn, that segment was bad.

• Like 6

Cena/Cesaro was killer. They had one of my favorite matches of last year and now this year too. Awesome stuff. Seemed like the crowd took awhile to get back in to things after that though. Pretty flat for the 8 man tag which did get some good time. Dug Neville's near fall off avoiding the Brogue Kick. Paige/Alicia was pretty good too.

What a great guy Dolph is, threatening the guy with a broken leg and cutting a promo so bad, it made Lana lose any and all charisma she had.

Dolph shouldn't ever be cutting promos. I don't know why they let him do it or why some people think he's actually good at it.

Jack Swagger has lost his soul.

Warlock Vince McMahon will add yet another "Depressed WWE Midcarder Soul"  to his already massive jar of souls. 

And laugh wickedly because this shit keeps him immortal. . 

I really loved that Paige-Alicia match.  One of the better Diva matches I've seen on Raw in a while.  The comeback segment with Paige nailling all the knees in the corner had the crowd super hot.

Cesaro-Cena was great, too.  My power cut out during the Cesaro Swing (He did eventually do it, didn't he?) and came back for the home stretch.

Missed the Dolph segment, well actually I skipped it.

I feel like this is maybe the best run of The Miz's career, like he has finally figured out exactly how to play his character perfectly.  In all honesty, if I was in charge, I'd have him in and around the World Title right now, he's one of the most over, easily hateable heels they have.

• Like 1

If Amazon is correct, the Apple watches are like $530 a piece. A good trip to Hawaii, lets say at least $7 grand and with the car...Seth dropped close to $70 grand on them. Good to know WWE Champions are making that kinda money plus it's all business expenses.

If Amazon is correct, the Apple watches are like $530 a piece. A good trip to Hawaii, lets say at least $7 grand and with the car...Seth dropped close to $70 grand on them. Good to know WWE Champions are making that kinda money plus it's all business expenses.

I wonder if Dixie Carter called Seth asking for a loan.

• Like 4