DVDVR Message Board

2015 NBA OFFSEASON

Cole Miner

Fucking Twitter

Shit, now I know what other teams go through every year...

Spurs coach Gregg Popovich looking for another meeting w LaMarcus Aldridge today or tomorrow, per source.

Insiders expect LaMarcus Aldridge decision won’t drag out much longer. Spurs still feel like he’s going to be in San Antonio.

That is awesome. Speaking of Twitter, these LMA updates are driving me crazy. 

Anyway, another Spur showing true class...

https://instagram.com/p/4rgdFns_q8/

That is so awesome. I'm glad Tiago went to ATL, the team that's trying to become the sequel.

One thing that always puzzled me about the Spurs is how they had Stephen Jackson on the,team and he was a BELOVED figure. I mean, I love Captain Jax as much as everyone else should. But "shooting a gun outside of a strip club" and "having praying hands holding a handgun tattooed on your body" isn't something that really fits in with the Spurs image.

Captain Jax on that rugged pain-in-the ass Pacers team? Yep. Jax swinging fists in the crowd because his teammate (who I don't think he even really liked all that much) ran up in there? Yep. Jax tormenting the hell out of Dirk on the "We Believe" Warriors (and his trash talk really should have been taped)? Yep. All of that makes sense.

Jax as one of Timmy's all-time favorite teammates? Nope. Can't wrap my brain around it.

• Like 1

LaMarcus Aldridge update!

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 1m1 minute ago

Latest on LaMarcus Aldridge: ESPN sources say no visits to other cities CURRENTLY planned. LMA likely to take a couple days to digest it all

At this point, now I'm OK with him taking this long because right now the big FA names are guys like Rondo and a few others I wouldn't want, so LMA taking his time is actually a benefit.

I saw that an unnamed executive said LMA asked the best and most insightful questions out of any FA in a long time. That's awesome. I've always liked his game a lot. The past few Portland teams have been a blast to watch. It makes sense that he'd be a guy who does not care about the whole marketing slideshow presented to him and is way more interested in how he'll be used on the court. I loved that he gas-faced the Knicks because they wanted to use him as a center and he knows that his game is at the elbow and out.

Magic will probably match any offers for Tobias after they struck out on Millsap. There's not a lot left out there.  I'm happy the Celtics didn't sign Robin Lopez to a big contract. Let the Knicks sign these guys and still suck.

LOL! I feel the same way, but I'm amused when fans complain about their team not signing anyone. Lopez got 4-years/$52 million w/ Knicks.

Teams with cap room can probably get Hibbert or Nene for 1 season and get a draft pick thrown in OR even wait during the season and some team out of the playoffs will want to clear their cap to get below the tax line.

People lost their shit over Amir Johnson getting two years at 12 but I believe the second year is non-guaranteed. Ainge knew he couldn't get Love or Aldridge. Why not take a chance on a guy with some potential and if it works out, great. If not, he's gone or can be traded. 

Lopez for four years seems like an obvious mistake even though the cap will be rising.

I said the same thing about Phoenix clearing space for Aldridge. If they got him would they be a contender? Probably not.  Same with the Mavs and them signing Jordan and Matthews. But I think both teams are in a position where they aren't bad enough to tank so they need to assemble the best possible roster and let the chips fall.

Let's say OKC falls apart in the next year or so and lets say Golden State is bit by the injury bug. All of a sudden these teams would have a puncher's chance of getting to the WCF or beyond.

Not likely but they had to do it.

How much of an upgrade are DeAndre Jordan and Wes Matthews over Tyson Chandler and Monta Ellis?  Jordan's better than Chandler (maybe) but is Matthews post-injury better than Ellis?  Is Matthews pre-injury better than Ellis?  And how good is DeAndre going to be without a star point guard to get him those alley oops?

It's shocking to me that Daryl Morey ain't done nothing yet in free agency.  It's just not like him. 

Did Enis Kanter resign yet?

I think he's a restricted FA.

I'm guessing Kanter, Shumpert & Tobias Harris might get offers at the July 9 date. I don't think other teams can throw an offer sheet until that day when FAs can sign. They could talk to them, but not have them sign.  That's also assuming teams have cap room since every team, but the Lakers & Sixers seems to have reached agreements with players early on.