DVDVR Message Board

WWE NETWORK GENERAL DISCUSSION THREAD

RIPPA

Watched the lone episode of the Rock n' Wrestling cartoon with my girlfriend. Her reactions made me look forward to the entire run going up. Humorously, I think I remembered it being even worse than it actually was. James Avery as JYD was actually pretty good...

Wait.....Uncle Phil was the voice of JYD?!

• Like 1

Thoughts on SummerSlam 93

Owen Hart beat Barry Horowitz in the dark match, got dressed and then hopped into the crowd to help his brother Bruce root for Bret to destroy Lawler. It was strange to see Owen being so pro-Bret knowing what was about to happen.

Ludwig Borga looked super in his demolition of Marty Jannetty. He was clearly ready to move to the top of the card.

The Heavenly Bodies did a great job keeping up with the Steiners, especially since they had just been introduced to the WWF fans.

Shawn Michaels and Mr. Perfect's match did not determine who was the best IC champ ever due to Diesel's interference and the countout finish. Kudos to HBK for claiming that his cheap win earned him that status.

Speaking of great heel work, Jerry Lawler's performance makes him the MVP of the night. Show up with a fake injury and insult the crowd. Sign up a clown to fight your opponent. Interfere in the match and reveal the fake injury. Get forced into the match and lose so decisively that the referee disqualifies your enemy. Limp off with the victory and the title of undisputed king of the WWF.

Too bad the Macho Man was relegated to the minor role of introducing Luger and "the singer that gravity forgot," Aaron Neville. 

Lex Luger's celebration with the other babyfaces was one of the biggest cases of mass hysteria in wrestling history. Only Bobby Heenan, who was extolling Luger's virtues as the Narcissist just seven months earlier, pointed out that Lex couldn't win the title on a countout. Not only did they fail to cash in the entire Lex Express tour, but they shunted Luger into a feud with Borga before the show even went off the air.

Thoughts on SummerSlam 93

Shawn Michaels and Mr. Perfect's match did not determine who was the best IC champ ever due to Diesel's interference and the countout finish. Kudos to HBK for claiming that his cheap win earned him that status.

Especially since don muraco, greg valentine and tito santana were not in the match. :)

• Like 1

Why does the live stream suck so much. You could watch it all day and maybe get one actual wrestling show. Seems like every other show is Total Divas. Then Countdown, then whatever that shit Renee Young does, then a preview of DVD (Which sucks on a pay service) then Jericho kissing Stephanie's ass.

This would not bother me if stuff in the archive did not freeze every two minutes, forcing me to pause it for an hour so it can load.

Do already-subscribed customers have to pay for the "free" months that seem to be every second month now?

yes.

So how do you guys feel when every month is being given away for free to people who aren't you?  I would be incensed.

(full disclosure: I live in Canada, so neither have access to free months or the actual Network in its proper capacity)

Do already-subscribed customers have to pay for the "free" months that seem to be every second month now?

yes.

So how do you guys feel when every month is being given away for free to people who aren't you?  I would be incensed.

(full disclosure: I live in Canada, so neither have access to free months or the actual Network in its proper capacity)

I don't really care, I want it all the time so I pay for it. I do wish they would get their shit together with streams freezing.

We have both a full online version, and a cable channel with a half assed on demand section with Rogers...is it different with non Rogers customers?

Oh, I don't know.  We have Shaw instead of Rogers in western Canada because of the totally-not-anti-trust-collusion agreement between Shaw and Rogers.  Maybe I do have access to the full online network, but my understanding was that the only thing available is the full-priced reruns and PPVs channel.

yes.

So how do you guys feel when every month is being given away for free to people who aren't you? I would be incensed.

Why would it bother me? Netflix gives new customers a free month, this is essentially the same thing. Makes no difference to me.

• Like 1

I can log into the online version using my MyRogers account info...you should be able to also with your Shaw account. Give it a try.

I have the network through Shaw and you can log into WWE.com and access the on demand collection there. I actually like the set up because I can access the live stream through cable which means I get everything in HD without lagging and if I want to access the other stuff I simply login through the app or my laptop.

I will admit that their live stream is terrible at how much it repeats the same shows. It's basically a non-stop repeat of Total Diva's and old Tough Enough. Even on Saturday's they'll show the same episode of Saturday Night's Main Event like three times. I don't know why they show the same episodes so much on the same day.

And on the flipside, nothing worse than that episode of Tuesday Night Titans where Vince basically turns over the show to a shitty local magician for SIXTEEN FRIGGING MINUTES.

At least all the TNT segments where Sal Bellomo is building his fucking paper boats has a fascinating "anti-television" aspect to it. This is inexcusable though.

TNT has a train wreck quality to it. In fact Vince loved TNT so much I'm surprised he doesn't come up with a new version hosted by JBL for the network.

PTW at least has Heenan and Gorilla going nuts. And you sometimes you even get a Bizzare reminder of Vince's thoughts towards drawing ability. I saw a Ted Arcidi match last night. Those are words I would never utter.

I'm currently watching a WWF MSG event from 1991. Because why not. Surprised when Hogan bled against Slaughter. Didn't think blood was cool back then.

• Like 1

TNT has a train wreck quality to it. In fact Vince loved TNT so much I'm surprised he doesn't come up with a new version hosted by JBL for the network.

PTW at least has Heenan and Gorilla going nuts. And you sometimes you even get a Bizzare reminder of Vince's thoughts towards drawing ability. I saw a Ted Arcidi match last night. Those are words I would never utter.

I'm currently watching a WWF MSG event from 1991. Because why not. Surprised when Hogan bled against Slaughter. Didn't think blood was cool back then.

He also did a sweet bladejob against Slaughter at WM7.

Picked a random Raw to watch this morning. The show opened with a Brawl 4 all match between Savio Vega and Brakus. Holy shit Brakus got his ass beat. Savio looked like the baddest motherfucker after that match. Genuinely felt terrible for Brakus.

Picked a random Raw to watch this morning. The show opened with a Brawl 4 all match between Savio Vega and Brakus. Holy shit Brakus got his ass beat. Savio looked like the baddest motherfucker after that match. Genuinely felt terrible for Brakus.

Watched a few of those recently. Brakus may have taken a beating but looked like a tough dude in the process. He took some hard shots to the face and kept going, shots that would've dropped most people. Bart Gunn just totally outclasses everyone in the tournament, looks like a grown up fighting 6th graders.