DVDVR Message Board

December 2014 Football Thread

Dolfan in NYC

Liverpool has tied it up. So there's still a chance....

COMEONFUCKINGBASELTAKETHEMOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm not sure how I feel about for cheering for the same thing as odessa though. At least 20% dirty.

• Like 1

This game was so pro wrestling. You had the fingerpoke of doom and the DQ, the commentators trying to force Liverpool down our throats as huge baby faces. Then at the end when the final whistle went they had their Owen voice on.

Love it when my 2 favourite hobbies come together. Didn't expect the ref to DQ him, couldn't he just give him the standard five-count?

Chuck Liddell would've gotten away with it.

Did you see Rangers getting turfed out of the Challenge Cup by Alloa? Good times.

Aye, thank God Ally "does not do walking away."

Not so fast, apparently Wee Fat Ally McCoist has had enough after losing to Queen of the South.

QotS is one of the better Game of Thrones names in Scottish football (and there are several).

Inverness Caledonian Thistle beating Celtic resulted in pretty much the greatest football headline of all the times:

Super Caley Go Ballistic Celtic Are Atrocious

James Alexander Gordon, legendary voice of the classified football results even before such things as the internet and live football scores existed, went to his grave always craving the mythical East Fife 5 Forfar 4 result.

I have no idea what my point is other than posting something related to Scottish football.

Here's Amy MacDonald singing Flower of Scotland:

I dunno, kinda the best national anthem on the planet.

PS That Ronaldo gif is tremendous. I can just picture his 'Oh for fucks sake, give it to me' reaction to Marcelo faffing about.

• Like 1

Strangest damn dude ever in football, I think.

It was literally, one minute he was great...and then he wasn't. It was like Eric Bristow getting dartitis or some shit. I mean, guy's only 30 now and yet he's finished as a top level centre forward.

Best thing Liverpool ever did was getting 50 million spondulas for him probably 12 months after his head went.

• Like 1