DVDVR Message Board

Lucha Underground Discussion

Robert

I like how Hail Sabin referred to Cassandro as a he/she and plural all in one sentence. :)

I don't think Cassandro would get in unless he and Konnan are back to being friends again. There was some heat between them after Cassandro did an interview in the UK and said some things about Konnan. Also, I think Cassandro might have had an issue with AAA too. So you're basically losing the backing of the people who went to bat for Pimpinela for the Lucha Underground show since the El Rey people didn't want exoticos or minis on the show.  Rodriguez isn't that involved in the show. Its more Eric Wagenen involved and Burnett & Rodriguez just in name.

• Like 1

I would think someone who has had health problems like the ACL tear and other surgeries he's had in the past couple of years, wouldn't turn down another paying gig. It would probably be workable since the LA Lucha Va Voom shows are on weekdays, he'd already be in town. Most of the LA crew for Lucha Underground are working indie shows now. 

I like how Hail Sabin referred to Cassandro as a he/she and plural all in one sentence. :)

I don't think Cassandro would get in unless he and Konnan are back to being friends again. There was some heat between them after Cassandro did an interview in the UK and said some things about Konnan. Also, I think Cassandro might have had an issue with AAA too. So you're basically losing the backing of the people who went to bat for Pimpinela for the Lucha Underground show since the El Rey people didn't want exoticos or minis on the show.  Rodriguez isn't that involved in the show. Its more Eric Wagenen involved and Burnett & Rodriguez just in name.

Thanks tried that sentence a couple different ways and that was the way in sounded best.

Man I thought Pimpi looked terrible & the act was awful if you can't even show the friggin' kiss which is the entire gimmick right there. If they bring in another exotico I'd bet it would be Mamba since he/she is in the Konnan/Dorian clique.

Really liked this week's show. Drago/Cuerno & main were both great fun. Things are progressing nicely storyline wise with the obvious build being towards Puma vs Mundo.

Striker broke the obscure-o-meter when he called Chavo's half-crab the "Whiteout".  I had to look it up to verify that, yes, that was what he called the move when he was Kerwin White.

And now that theme song is stuck in my head again.  Damn it, Striker.

• Like 1

The big ladder match was pretty nuts. I wasn't thinking they were gonna do the same thing as in the Ryck/Puma match and bring in the indy lackies to set up spots but it was a good choice, especially since it was a three way and those almost always blow goats. I'm sure it's been done before but I don't remember anyone ever topeing under the ladder, and even more bewildering was Mundo pushing the ladder over and Puma going through it like the building falling on Buster Keaton and he's left standing in the doorway. I don't even know if that's what they were going for because Puma just stood there going "what the fuck?" If they were, then they had a hell of an aim. Also the low blow was both unexpected and really funny. That's one way to get Ryck out of the match. Anyway, went long but it was fun, I liked the hardcore match better but neither being a big ladder match or three-way fan, it surpassed expectations. 

On the downside, Striker is really starting to get on my nerves. The factoids are bordering on smarky assholism and Vampiro seems really disingenuous in supporting him spouting them off.

The Ladder match was really good and is in the Top 3 for best matches of the company so far. It will be interesting to see where they go over the next couple of episodes.

Not to spoil things, but that ladder match was kind of the end (or at least a chapter mark) in that particular story, and a new one starts with next week's show. 

Has Ivelisse ever wrestled Cheerleader Melissa? Have they ever been seen in the same place?

That said, having someone that looks like Melissa on my TV on a regular basis is a very good thing, even if it is weird to see her and Sexy Star battling in AAA with the roles reversed. 

They've wrestled 3 times: http://wrestlingdata.com/index.php?befehl=konst&letter1=I&wrestler1=137558&letter2=M&wrestler2=9274&letter3=&wrestler3=0&letter4=&wrestler4=0&matchtyp=0&anzeige=matches

One was on the WWL iPPV that only Tim and I bought. Their match was pretty good. Might be on WWL's YouTube channel (but a quick search didn't find it.)

Danny Trejo is back again and even if he's getting paid for the seat it's cool seeing him watching and apparently enjoying a lucha show.

That single-elimination scramble was a ball. Pentagon Jr. giving a lungblower to Mascarita Sagrada and Son of Havoc almost trumping the 1000 MPH Cuerno tope suicida with his goofy Sasuke Special/Tiger Drop/whatever that he stuck the landing on were some highlights. If you are gonna do a ridiculous spotfest, why not do something like this? Everyone got a chance to shine for a minute and it just put a big smile on my face. I wish that Michonoku Pro would have done a match exactly like this in '96. 

The ring symbol as the center plate of the belt is just fine by me. It's better than having the show's logo with that mask splayed across the middle. 

Somebody needs to attach Vamp's drool cup. Fenix got sliced on his torso somewhere. The forearm as he came off the top (very Cesaro) should have ended the match instead of the lame-ass Flatliner; I dug that when Kanyon first came out with it but now? C'mon. I'm guessing Aztec Warfare will be a Royal Rumble match, hopefully with some tweaks here and there. Dario is killing it and I wonder who he was talking to at the end. 

Yeah the 1st 10 man match rocked it and was heads/shoulders above the battle royal. Muertes should use the gravedigger instead of the crappy version of the flatliner. Aztec Warfare will be interesting to see what the rules are and what things Dario adds to make it more violent.

The first 10 man match was great. Loads of people got a chance to shine and I thought that Fenix pinning Puma was a good way of showing that the roster is competitive after the first couple of weeks focused on Puma/Mundo as the main event guys. Cuerno's tope was INSANE. Would have made more sense for the Battle Royal to be first on the show, as it was less exciting in comparison to the first match. Final elimination dragged a little. Also, would have made more sense if Fenix had to wrestle again straight after his win, rather than Muerte.

Totally loving Lucha Underground so far though. This is the freshest feeling new fed in quite some time.