DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football 2014 Catch-All Thread

Kevin Wilson

Looks like it happened, six way tie of doom next week for the last seed, anyone that loses will be out and the winners can just pray their point totals are enough for the tie-breaker over the other winners.  Good times.  You know what's unreal though?  None of the six are playing each other, they are all playing other teams, so its possible that all six can lose or win.

Black Friday, Rivalry Saturday, Fantasy Madness Sunday, and Cyber Monday.

It's going to be a hell of a Week 13 in DVDVR money league! Not only are 2 playoff spots up for grabs, but no one has enough of a lead to guarantee a bye. It's a must win for everyone in the league.

Best of luck to those scrapping for a playoff spot!

Yeah the 1st year of the league we had similar mayhem in the last week of the league and I was favored to make the playoffs but due to some crazy events in the MNF game I didn't make the playoffs. So anything can happen this week in the DVDVR money league however I will be rooting for Kevin to win this week for selfish reasons. Kevin if you need any advice this week shoot me a message on here or thru the league.

I would suggest someone slip some ipecac in his cheese curds or brats before the game, but I bet Brady travels with his own food and does not eat the local fare in places like Green Bay or Cleveland.

I imagine Brady checking a suitcase filled with the rich people's version of Dinty Moore.

In my seven team division, there's an 8-4 team, two at 7-5 and then I'm in a four way tie at 6-6. I'm in decent shape if I can win, and one of the 7-5's lose, I'm in decent shape for tie-breakers; and considering I was second bottom last year, I guess I can't complain.

However, I've put up 39 more points than anyone else in the league; so fuck this game.

Probably using Gisele somehow would get the job done. Of course for my real team I would like him to be sick this week so he struggles at Lambeau.

I want a Packer to put their helmet into his back in the 1 qtr myself. . . 

I would like that too but that requires us to actually get a pass rush on Brady and I resigned myself to the fact that may happen 2 to 4 times in the whole game if we are lucky.

So much pressure this week. I nabbed 4th place finally, despite eclipsing everyone in points scored.

As an aside...how the fuck does that happen? How can you be first in points scored by such a wide margin, be like 4th in points against, and only be 6-6 in 4th place?

Anyway, if I win, I'm in. If I lose and the dude in 5th loses, I'm in.

Now the question is, do I bench Maclin? He's in my FLEX spot, so he can be replaced with Kelvin Benjamin, Latavius Murray or DeAndre Hopkins.

I have a similar question regarding Mark Ingram. I feel like I could bench him for Latavius Murray, but is the hype for Murray that real? He had 4 touches for 100+ yards, but Jonas Gray had a historic day and did nothing the following week.

I would definitely hold off on Latavius Murray.  Take out his one fluky run and he had 3 carries for 22 yards.  And even though his two TD runs were in the first half, McFadden still had triple his number of carries.  I know its late in the season to be waiting but he screams 'wait another week'.

Stafford or Tannehill? Both have exceptionally favourable matchups (CHI, @NYJ). Stafford's been mostly disappointing, but that's gotta change at some point. But Tannehill's been so good recently.

E: My opponent is starting Megatron, so they should at least cancel each other out.

That was stressful.  In the cash league, Charles got me a TD with 10 minutes left to get me the win, which was after Tamme let a TD bounce off his hands for my opponent.  Playoff Bound!  Unfortunately I may play Phil in the first round, and he has been on fire lately.

Who left DeAndre Hopkins and Coby Fleener on their bench? This guy! Aaaaaand I lost my week.

HOWEVER, the guy tied with me for 4th also lost their week so I'll be stumbling into the playoffs with the most points scored in the league and a 6-7 record.

So now I either need to get into the championship game or have the most points scored throughout the playoffs to get into the money.

I ended the regular season with the most points scored. It makes complete sense that I have the lowest score thus far in the playoffs. I limped over 100 because Peyton Manning sucked, Mark Ingram sucked, Kenny Stills sucked, Josh Gordon sucked because Hoyer is a piece of shit, etc. At least the St. Louis Rams posted another shutout, so I had that going for me.