DVDVR Message Board

WRESTLER OF THE DAY: TJ PERKINS

RIPPA

So many gimmicks... Your handy guide from Luchawiki

Name history Pinoy Boy, Havana Pitbull III, Havana Brother Puma Kid (CMLL), Cobra II, Puma, TJ Perkins, J.T. Quinn (WWE), El Bombero (Lucha Va Voom), TJP, Sydistiko (I) (LLUSA 2010), Suicide (IV) (TNA 2013), Manik (TNA 2013 - current)

God - I remember him first showing up on the 500 as Pinoy Boy in May of 2002. So yeah... we are all fucking old

Why does 75 matter, specifically?  I'm sure there's guys who have more than that.  

As Puma, he was pretty boring.  (I remember Dave Prazak's last Livejournal post being a cryptic "Once Puma hits the back-heel kick, it's all over.")  As Suicide, well, that gimmick has gotta be even harder to work than Doink, nobody's gonna come out looking like Liger no matter what.  

As the title of the video says those are only his Top 75 moves, he has much more than that in his arsenal.

Always liked this guy and always wondered why he wasn't able to achieve more, at least on the Indies.

Always liked this guy and always wondered why he wasn't able to achieve more, at least on the Indies.

Kevin Steen is latest shoot interview said that his attitude stinks. 

His askfm page is a really good read at times. He seems very open and truthful: http://ask.fm/MegaTJP Even going so far to reveal his TNA pay for example:

My contract was started midway thru the year last year but altogether with salary+appearances I was on pace for roughly $75,000-$84,000 for a year period. That’s if my schedule is as busy as it was last summer/fall. Also that’s only counting TNA. I’d make a lot more if I kept up with other bookings outside but I just don’t. I’m also guaranteed a huge chunk of that regardless of if I wrestle or not. So it’s pretty ok considering I do what I love.I’m on the low end on the roster too. Most guys do way better than me.

Read more: http://www.tnainsider.com/current-tna-star-manik-reveals-salary/#ixzz34vTCJuOJ

Really liked his more recent TNA run. He seemed to make every match different and different to other matches on the card.

I totally forgot this guy was Pinoy Boy.  Dude is not even close to being a Filipino.

The only real thing I remember about TJ was that he jobbed out a lot when he was in ROH.

I was going to try and find at least one match when he was with the Havana Pitbulls but youtube is all "OH! You want to watch the song with Pitbull featuring Havana Brown!"

This should be good.