DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

NTTE is just an evil weapon.  As long as you score precision hits, you don't run out of ammo and it is stable as hell and fires in full auto.  

I'll be co-leading a VoG raid either next Tuesday or Wednesday so that I and a few of my friends can push that quest along.  We should have our NTTEs just in time for the next IB.

I also got my head blown off a few times last night by Hawksaws, Nirwein's Mercys, and the new Raid Pulse Rifle.  ARs are making a comeback, though.  Monte Carlo and the Plated Ahamkara Grips just have ridiculous item synergy with the Nightstalker's special melee and as I said before, my Zhalo gives other players fits.

You don't see as many HCs as you used to, but you still run into the odd Thorn user and Last Curse / Ace of Spades / Hawkmoon wielding Gunslingers are now starting to become en vogue in PvP.

Eva still refuses to give me a Traveller's Mask.  I might keep this Skolas mask I got yesterday.

I was able to find a guy last night giving away the Atheon checkpoint so I could help my buddy out. Killed him in one run. Lucky to find someone so generous.

As much as I would love to have an Atheon CP for my NTTE bounty, I need to experience the horror and frustration of running a fresh raid and the triumph of completing a fresh raid that I led.

It is high time I found out if I can keep my big boy pants buckled up.  Will be nice to prove to myself that I can get the members of the DARPA crew who have no raid experience over the finish line.

I'm guessing that The Dungeons is to small teams / solo PvP what The Cathedral of Souls is to large team PvP as far as all of this Festival of the Lost business goes..

I may have to (urgh) suffer though some Rumble or Skirmish matches to nick the Grimoire card for that map since I am not sure if the new Dreadnaught maps are sticking around after 9 November or if they will be locked at the conclusion of the event..

Do yourself a favor on VoG and be the guy to run relic on the Templar fight.  Same for Gatekeeper and Atheon.  Most fun part of the raid. 

I plan on using the Aegis at least once or twice, but I also want my homies to avoid my pitfalls and put their hands on the relic also. 

I don't want the whole "you take it! no you take it!" stuff I've experienced in previous raids to plague us where the team wipes because no one feels comfortable enough running the relic to pick the damn thing up and keep on keeping in the untimely event that the Aegis holder gets killed.

Funny how VoG has a very opposite flavor from the Crota raid.  Most players I have hit the VoG with are pretty hesitant to use the Aegis while there is no shortage of players that want to be the Swordbearer.  Obviously because of the urban legend that the Crux has a higher percentage to drop for Swordbearers than anyone else.

I'm guessing that The Dungeons is to small teams / solo PvP what The Cathedral of Souls is to large team PvP as far as all of this Festival of the Lost business goes..

I may have to (urgh) suffer though some Rumble or Skirmish matches to nick the Grimoire card for that map since I am not sure if the new Dreadnaught maps are sticking around after 9 November or if they will be locked at the conclusion of the event..

Dungeons shows up all the time. And has been before Festival of the Lost started.

Dungeons was where I got my only two Reaper medals during the last IB

The first one went exactly like this

Mis "Phil - you might want to wait till their are enemies before you pop your super"

Me - Lights world on fire thanks to the entire time trying to take B

Mis: "Phil - ignore everything I just said"

• Like 1

Xur had the Graviton Forfeit, so today is indeed a happy Xursday for me.

The version in your EA Blueprints (or at least the version in my EA blueprints) has Infusion (recover health from orbs) so IMO the perks for that one are better than the one Xur is selling since I tend to roll through most PvE in a fireteam.

@ Rippa

I learned a long time ago to just let you do your thing in PvP since you tend to die a lot and still manage to get a bazillion kills after the shooting stops.

Filled 3 bags full of sweets and got 3 Cryptarch masks, even the paper version of him continues to screw me! Sharded them all and along with the piece of paper i already had i got Tiger mask! yay progress! I've got 10 different masks so far. I think i just need Crota's to complete all the quests. Though i'm not really sure the crucible one is worth the effort just for another mask.

I've still got 200 silver left over from the free 400 they gave us as i only picked up one emote. I'm tempted to buy a 200 silver legendary mask package with it so i can keep 4 masks instead of 2.

So, with my shader, Graviton Forfeit, and cape, my hunter looks like Tali from Mass Effect, which is really awesome.

Also, Monte Carlo is love, Monte Carlo is life, but the Ace of Spades spin is nice.

I didn't raid tonight, but I still had a very productive night. Tonight's theme was "Tired of waiting for my friend's slow ass, Ima do this myself."

It started when I realized there was matchmaking on the Shield Brothers Chaperone strike. I figured running it with randoms would be a shitshow, and it was! We kept wiping because neither of the other guys would concern themselves with the adds at all, and those void-shield psions just pecked us to death. If it had been a team of my friends, we could've coordinated that shit double quick, but as it was, I was REAL close to quitting when we finally broke through and cleared it.

I think the key was when I switched to my void rocket launcher and made my priority bombing the fuck out of the psions as soon as they spawned. Weirdly enough, I got the distinct impression that at least one of the other guys actually got pissed at me for focusing on adds so much. YEAH SORRY FOR RUINING ALL THE FUN YOU WERE HAVING WIPING ON THE FIRST BROTHER OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

Then I noticed, Hey, there's matchmaking on the harder version of Undying Mind for the Touch of Malice quest! Let's do that!

Well, either that was a lie, or no one else on the PS4 wanted to do that strike tonight, because I went it alone. I treated it like an old school, kick-your-ass-back-to-orbit Nightfall and basically creep-sniped my way through to the end. On the boss, I cleared that round of yellow bar minotaurs with my sword, and then, hey, there's the guy I'm looking for! Boom. Done.

Next up, the upscale Fear's Embrace mission to finish the damn thing. This was...relatively easy. Used the sniping from the doorway strat. Played as my sunsinger, so I just created a WALL OF FIRE with solar grenades when the adds crept up. Just when things were getting hairy, the wizard I needed to kill helpfully flew right up to the doorway, and that, as they say, was that.

TOUCH OF MALICE IS MINE. SUCK IT, FRIEND.

So i'm looking at the new Trials set up. I never really played it much last time around but i did do enough to get 7 pieces of armor and a few weapons. It just didn't seem worth the effort and time involved. Its not like we did terrible, i got 8 wins twice out of the 5 times i played and several of the guys i play with went 9-0 a couple of times, it just seemed like a lot of effort of very little.

Anyway, this time around there are bounties similar to the Iron Banner weekly ones. Specifically one that gives you a gold tier package containing a random weapon/armor/exotic/ghost/artifact between 290-320 light depending on your light level and good ol' RNG. All you have to do is play (not even win) 10 games and get 75 kills as a team. Very achievable even if you are having an off day or just plain suck at PVP, it's literally just a grind like the Iron Banner weekly bounties. And if you happen to win 5 or 7 games along the way on one passage you get the normal armor and weapon drops at 300-310 light. Seems The Lighthouse gear is 310-320. 

If there aren't enough guys on for a raid later i might have to take a look.

Last time in Trials, for decent players it was actually the opposite- a lot of rewards for little effort.  You have to remember the big thing in House of Wolves was Etheric Light.  And the only way to get it was to complete a level 34 or 35 PoE. So for one character, that's 2 Etheric Light per week unless you got lucky in nightfall until Trials came out. Trials allowed you the opportunity to get 3 minimum on one character in a Trials run and up to 5 if you got lucky.  And it was another set of armor that you could equip as an alternative as well.  

Last time in Trials, for decent players it was actually the opposite- a lot of rewards for little effort.  You have to remember the big thing in House of Wolves was Etheric Light.  And the only way to get it was to complete a level 34 or 35 PoE. So for one character, that's 2 Etheric Light per week unless you got lucky in nightfall until Trials came out. Trials allowed you the opportunity to get 3 minimum on one character in a Trials run and up to 5 if you got lucky.  And it was another set of armor that you could equip as an alternative as well.  

I seem to be the opposite of most people in this game. I had more Etheric Light than i knew what to do with. I did 3 34's every week and 1-3 Skolas for the first month or so. I only stopped when they no longer became worth the time to put in them. I've still got 31 Etheric Light sitting in the vault waiting for them to decide what they're going to do with it. Same with this weapons part nerf. I see a lot of people complaining its crippling them. I'm not sure i even play the same game as them, I've not dropped below 1900 for months and i usually have around 2100. Strange coins? Motes? (though they are easy to get now) literally any form of currency in this game i seem to be swimming in. I've never had to farm for anything. People complain about the glimmer cap? I've got 140,000 glimmer sitting in my vault in consumables.

For me playing trials for a couple of hours seemed like a waste of time. I could do all 3 34 prisons or a Skolas or 2 in the time it took to play Trials. And i'd enjoy the Prison a lot more too. Until it got stale. Plus Skolas was a tight bastard with his drops. I think he only ever game me 2 primary burn weapons.

Granted some people seem to insist on upgrading everything they've got to max level even if they don't plan on using it. I guess i just play a little more sensibly. I only upgrade what i can use, keep the rare stuff like raid gear etc, everything else is scrapped.

Did Trials for the first time since Damien and company were looking for folks.

More irritated by the guys cheating than anything (we ran over one team in the first round - then the game lagged for two minutes launching the 2nd round and then magically no one on the other team took damage)

Learned the hard way to check my marks before I cash bounties. Lost about 13 marks because I hit the max cap.

Fortunately - all of us were just doing it to complete some bounties and weren't concerned about wins. So that made life easier.

When I hopped back on I helped Damien do his Heroic strikes since I needed them for the New Monarchy quest.

We got Fallen Sabre as the first one and it took for-fucking-ever as the random we got was an idiot. The other two strikes we crushed.

Damien then helped me FINALLY kill the champion in the Rocketyard

• Like 1

A night of progress!

Jumped into Trials since we didn't have enough on for a raid. Not a great showing. We forgot to buy the boons the first time around and went a disappointing 4-3. Jumped back in and went a still fairly disappointing 6-3 but it was enough to get all the bounties done. I ended up with 300 boots, 300 helm, 304 bond and the crappy non win streak chest at 262. Its so much more fun now you are pretty much guaranteed some gear just for sticking in there and doing the bounties and not playing like your life depends on it. Both times the first 4 wins were easy then it just seemed to hit a new level at 5 and we kept getting put against absolute beasts. Seems the new Trials gear is just re-colored versions of the old gear which is a bit cheap but oh well.

By the time we were finished the Canadian contingent out our rag tag group was online. I initially wanted to do a normal raid to get the artifact but they all wanted hard so what the hell. We did as far as the Deathsingers in about 1hr 30. Pretty damn good run. One wipe on the Warpriest when he had a pixel of health left on the second rotation, cleared Golgoroth first time and sisters took 3 or 4 attempts just to get the new timing down. Some damn good loot though to get me to 310.

Totems dropped a 304 fusion rifle and a 310 Ghost, Warpriest netted me a 310 Harrowed machine gun, Golgoroth gave me 308 arms and 318 chest and the Deathsingers were generous enough to give me 2 bonds, one at 308 and one at 317. The regular gear is perfect for infusing my other characters while my Warlock struts around in his new clothes. I also scored a 310 Jade Rabbit from the piston chest, first time i'ts given me an exotic.

Well tonight has been a good night.

Did the Raid.

Killed the Warpriest for the first time. Got a 303 Ghost, a 305 Midha's Reckoning and then I had a 310 Supercell drop from a ToC

So depending on how I do my stuff - I can actually be 300

• Like 1

I nuked my year 1 exotic collection today. What took about 700 hours to acquire took about 10 mins to destroy. I was tired of playing Jenga with my vault every time i wanted to move an item around and i can re-buy them from the kiosks if i ever feel nostalgic. Most of the old exotics are unusable now anyway. I know you can use them in old content and regular crucible but they are 2 things i rarely play. I did keep a few choice items. Thorn, because it was a bitch to get. Bones of Eao for the jumping section of the raid. Icebreaker for Draksis farming. And my original Gjallarhorn because, well, Gjallarhorn. I have 129 exotic shards now.

I still really need to delete some more armor. Most year one exotics have a year 2 counterpart and the ones that don't have been replaced by new exotics so i didn't make a whole lot of space there. Problem is all the class items I've hoarded up. I'd love for Bungie to make a raid and class item Kiosk so i could clear all this stuff out too rather than delete it.

Yeah - that's the next thing on my do-to-list

I think I am only going to keep my G-Horn (basically the wolf pack rounds still are good at crowd control no matter the situation) and one of my Icebreakers.

I had been slowly purging the ones that had Y2 versions as I acquired them but I need to dumb the other stuff.

The bigger thing I need to do is purge all my useless Legendary crap (well except the ones with really good perks).

My bigger vault space issue is the random crap. Of course - again - I was just paranoid the vendor wouldn't show my emblems and shaders if I deleted them.

I am a fool.

Yeah I've got a bunch of pre TDB legendary guns and armor i kept for the sake of collecting. They are no use to me, don't have particularly great perks and i'm never going to use them. My Warlock armor collection is the problem. I have a full set of Vault, Crota, Prison and 2 different sets of Iron Banner armor. A complete set of the lesser, old, Trials gear and all but the arms of the proper stuff. And now I've got nearly a complete set of Kings Fall raid gear and I've started collecting yet another version of Iron Banner and Trials gear. Some sort of 'end game' kiosk would be a life saver.

Finished the TTK story. Was not expecting the explosion of quests that dropped on me all at once. Digging the Dreadnaught patrol. During the course of two hours or so, I upgraded every single piece of gear I had, save for the ghost shell. Even picked up my first exotic weapon, Invective.

Not even sure what quest to tackle next, though I guess I'll mop up the rest of the strikes.

I would definietly recommend doing the quest to unlock the third sub-class.

They aren't that hard and it then allow you to decide which subclass you want to run (and the 3rd Subclasses are all OP right now)

Some of the stuff you will naturally do while doing an patrols and stuff (like a lot of the Taken War stuff)