DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

So...

With the November update, Banshee will sell weapon parts for glimmer.

In December, Petra will begin exchanging etheric light for...something. Eris will start accepting wormspore (probably for Crota's Bane rank), also.

Hopefully, etheric light doesn't just translate to rank with Petra, seeing as how that's useless right now.

I honestly don't know what i do differently but I've got over 2100 weapons parts. And most people i play with have 1000+ Granted i didn't go as crazy with the infusing as some did during HoW but what are people spending these things on!?

I wounder what the Etheric Light will be used for. I don't see them making it anything too special since some people have over 100 of them and they don't seem to like people who've hoarded up a stash of materials to have an advantage over others. Wouldn't mind seeing it be used for something similar to those things that Xur sells to re-roll exotic armor. Maybe you could use Etheric Light to re-roll legendary gear? Something somewhat useful for the hardcore player but nothing game changing.

I like the Azoth gear for warlock. Most warlock armor I think looks terrible

I've got a healthy collection of Warlock armor so i needed the helm to finish it off, not a fan of the chest piece but with the right shader the whole thing does look pretty good, sort of Psion like. I'm liking the Titans too so if i get another helm he will be the next one to finish. It makes him look like an astronaut they made out of scraps found on the floor.

I really like the hunter gear, especially the cloak. I just think the raid stuff looks like crap, so I infuse other stuff mostly.

Basara I think you just have played the game more than most is all. I used to have a bunch of weapon parts but I infuse a lot so I'm always low now. I've never had the stockpile of motes and coins that you've amassed either. And I used to have to go exclusion zone farming for glimmer as well where you have consumables stacked in your vault liked canned goods lol.

Do you upgrade every weapon you have?

No, I seem to exist in some weird overlap between sensibility and hoarder. I'll collect everything but only upgrade what is useful or fits my play style. So, for example, despite having all the raid/end game fusion rifles from across the first year I don't think any are upgraded because I just wouldn't use them. Same goes for most auto rifles and hand cannons. Although there are exceptions.

I do infuse a lot though. If I've got something that's even just a light or 2 better than what I have, but I don't need it/want to keep it I'll drop the materials to use it as infusion fodder.

Basara I think you just have played the game more than most is all. I used to have a bunch of weapon parts but I infuse a lot so I'm always low now. I've never had the stockpile of motes and coins that you've amassed either. And I used to have to go exclusion zone farming for glimmer as well where you have consumables stacked in your vault liked canned goods lol.

I've put a (un)healthy amount of time in this game but I'm not up to the 1500-2000 hours some of the more hardcore players seem to have. I think I'm about 1000 hours into it now. Have you ever looked at the time you've played? Use a site like destinystatus. It's depressing when you look at the difference between 'time played' and the time not included sitting in orbit. It's literally 100s of hours of my life spent essentially staring at a pretty loading screen or wandering around the tower.

But yeah, I may be the doomsday hoarder of the Destiny world. Most of my supplies come from only playing end game content for HoW when I'd got a little bored of the game. I was getting all the materials and currency but having nothing to spend it on.

Forgot to mention, we did a Skolas last night for fun. Its a joke now! When TTK came out we two manned it at around light 190, that's about level 38 in the old numbers. There were 3 of us this time, 305-311. It's gone from being the most boring, grindy, 90mins-2hrs in the game to a relatively fun 25min sprint. Those level 36 captains in round 4? In my opinion that used to be the worst round. 3 blasts from a shotgun drop them now. Pilot Servitor with primary burn? Cooked it in less than 60 seconds. We almost screwed up on Skolas, we did so much damage so fast that 3 waves of adds, the taint, and the first wave of mines were out as fast as they used to be when he had solar burn on. You don't even need to pass the taint anymore. If you've got the sword and about 2/3 health or more you can just use it to block it at 1 second. Ended up punching him to death since brawler was on.

I really like the hunter gear, especially the cloak. I just think the raid stuff looks like crap, so I infuse other stuff mostly.

The Warlocks armour is hit or miss for me. I still think it's Vault of Glass gear is the best looking armour for the class, it's a shame it's obsolete. Hunter's capes aside, I think the Titans probably have the overall best good looking gear.

Didn't do much online last night.  Wasn't feeling well. 

Didn't have enough dudes on to finish our VoG raid but we did get one more guy through the alternate Paradox ending so we've got four guys including myself that need to kill Atheon for NTTE. 

Hopefully we can get that done over the weekend, but today is my girlfriend's daughter's due date so I may be an grandfather-by-association by the end of the weekend even though my own biological child is twelve and a half.

New Weapon Reviews:

- Really underwhelmed by the Lyumila-D (Full Auto / Glass Half Full version) now that I have GHF and Full Auto leveled up.  RoF is far to slow for FA to really shine in PvP.  I like the GHF perk on this thing but only because I am not a mid-mag change freak.  If you are constantly reloading in the Crucible after kills and assists, you really won't make efficient use of this weapon perk.

Ran as a Bladedancer and have experienced the recoil that everyone on the Bungie boards complains about.  This fucking thing kicks like a donkey if you don't have the proper weapon sights, weapon perks, or a class skill like Gunslinger's Trance that bufsf stability. 

The mid-range scope on this thing is nigh useless given the tendency for this weapon to jerk left after every third or fourth round, so I use the post sights for better handling and Hand Loaded to compensate for the loss in range.

I will keep it for use in PvE so that I have a load-out that keeps an ES open for my Y2 Truth.  Then I will shred it on Armsday for the LMs and Motes and see what this Hakke Herja-D can offer me.

- The Hakke Strongbow-D is an okay-ish shotgun.  Full Auto / Last Round gets the job done in PvE and PvP but the ultra-slow turtle Reload Speed makes me feel like I am fumbling through my pockets for shells. 

I have my Stillpiercer to use in my Special slot, so I will probably shred this shotty as soon as I get it completely leveled up.

- Really happy with my Y2 Truth.  Talk about a bench clearer.  I finally have a really good weapon to use against the Void shields on those fucking Taken wizards.

Xur's Santa bag is really underwhelming this week.  No weapon and an Exotic Helmet Engram for sale when I either own or have unlocked every Hunter helmet in the game.  I will buy a couple of the legacy Exotic Primary Engrams when I am on this evening because I could stand to unlock a few more blueprints.

Xur is dropping engrams at 310 for me now so I will not complain.

Got a Light Beyond Nemesis this morning so that went straight to my Warlock.

Mis and Fadelest were farming Crota-cito last night so I was able to join them and get that calcified fragment.

The Dreadnaught mission being the Daily today gives me the excuse to grab the couple of calcified fragments I am missing that are at the very beginning.

Xur's problem now is he has a really limited amount of exotics he can actually sell. And a lot of people farmed the hell out of Three of Coins before the nerf. It also sucks that what he sells is 280. If he ever sells the Thunderloard or Truth they will be a nightmare to level up. I might grab a few helmet engrams for infusion fodder now it's almost a guaranteed 310 drop from them. Any word on a way to get the 320 exotics without having to go to the Lighthouse?

They don't appear to drop in hard mode and it seems kind if insane if 9-0 is the only way to get them.

Oh BTW - it's clear from the language of the update that Bungie's Christmas present to us is going to be nerfing all the weapons and powers we like.

We’re looking at all the numbers. The guns you used. The ways you fought. The hammers you threw, or caught with your face. In the weeks to come, we’ll share a lot of details for how we’ll be refining various weapons and classes in an upcoming December update. It will address some things you’ve told us, as well as some of what we’ve noticed during our constant study of the battles that rage among you.

Sunbreakers mains are going to weep openly.  Hammer of Sol is going to be a baby rattle once Bungie is done with it.

Poor guys.  Maybe they should've shut the fuck up a couple of months ago about how they are the new alpha sub-class?

I expect my beloved Zhalo to be total shit in PvP once the devs are done "weapon tuning" and the sick AA on 1K Yard Stare will be history. 

Hopefully HCs will get a slight buff.  The damage and accuracy drop degraded those things far more than expected (Even Hawkmoon sucks at mid-range in PvP) and mid-range is still ruled by shotguns and pulse rifles.

They don't appear to drop in hard mode and it seems kind if insane if 9-0 is the only way to get them.

They had to do something to get you to play Trials.  Fallout 4, Halo 5, and the other new shinys will be the best thing for the game.  

In theory, the more players that gravitate to something else, the lower the quality of opposition should be in Trials.

Hopefully that means that more cheaters will leave in droves, too. 

I am not the greatest PvPer in the world, but I think I am decent enough to make a Flawless run if I am with a good team and I am more interested in the Grimoire cards than I am anything else.   The high light loot will just be a bonus.

I reckon you could put a 9-0 run together. I'm by no means a dedicated Destiny PvPer, and neither are any of the guys I play with. I've gone 8-2 twice and 8-1 once, and that loss was to a disconnect leaving us 2v3. Several of the people I play with have gone 9-0.

I reckon you could put a 9-0 run together. I'm by no means a dedicated Destiny PvPer, and neither are any of the guys I play with. I've gone 8-2 twice and 8-1 once, and that loss was to a disconnect leaving us 2v3. Several of the people I play with have gone 9-0.

Coordinated teams will always beat teams of randoms.  I have gone 8-1 and 8-2 before.  Two losses were blatant heating (DDoS and Thorn glitch) and we just plain got our asses kicked by a much better team in the third loss.

Randoms can be coordinated as well.  I've gone to the lighthouse twice and both times was on a PUG.  Have beaten plenty of teams with the typical all three in the same clan, same emblem, optimized PvP weapons and all.  It just comes down to who is better at what and how the teams match up against each other. 

I'm not saying that they can't but communication goes a long way.  I tend to make out much better in Rift, Iron Banner, and Trials when I can talk to my team.

Sure but I don't think anyone is playing trials that doesn't have a mic and isn't talking.  Nobody would let you play with them if you didn't have a mic.  Here's how it works for a PUG- post to reddit or lfg that you're looking for two for trials and tell them to post their psn or gamertag and light level, wait for a response, invite them to chat party.  Or you're the one responding and you get invited to a chat party.  But nobody putting a group together is going to let someone play with no mic in trials.  Same for raids.  You see people post sometimes looking for a couple people for a nightfall and they'll say no mic but you don't really need one for that.  Other than that circumstance, everyone is talking.  

So either I got all fusion core dealies or Bungie made the Sleeper Simulant quest line open to everyone because I just noticed this morning that the First Firewall is available to me.

• Like 1

Pretty much the more headshot kills you get with it the better it handles, the more damage it does, and the better the range gets.  The sig perk (3 precision kills returns bonus ammo) can come into play in large team PvP.

One headshot can be an OHK and the perks allow you to charge large groups at will.

Perfect weapon for high AGI Hunter builds (especially Bladedancers hitting from cloak), high recovery Titan builds, or Warlock subclasses that depend on overshields.

TLivingston on PS4. Will need to do the King's Raid in full at one point. Got through 2/3rds of it the other night but we had to stop eventually. The coordination is stupid at times.

Haven't been much of a FPS guy but this game has me totally locked in. Some pretty awesome stuff.

Not doing a lot of the PvP right now, but eventually.