DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Stupid masks. I got the Speaker so I did the Heroic Strike with it on (Fucking Dust Palace). But it has given me Petra three straight times and then when I turned in the paper scraps - I got another Eris Mon. Grr...

Damien, Inline and Myself ran through the Daily and Heroic strikes. Good to know you can get that House of Wolves ghost in the last room even during Taken King missions.

I thought I was getting screwed with my drops - but then I got a Crest of Alpha Lupi from a ToC drop and so I slapped that on and it made everything easier for us. (Since Damien and I were both wearing them - the quick revive made things a snap during the dicey moments.)

Also got an Imago Loop. Sweet sweet 12 round magazine.

The game did love me this morning as I got a No Backup Plans out of a Legendary that were better than the ones I already had and then I got a 299 Crucible Mark out of a blue.

Damien, Inline and Myself ran through the Daily and Heroic strikes. Good to know you can get that House of Wolves ghost in the last room even during Taken King missions.

The new TTK Ghosts are in static locations that you can access on patrol unless they are only available during certain missions or game events.  The Devil's Spire is only open during the Cayde's Stash mission, IIRC.  You can't get to it on patrol or while you are doing the Devil's Lair strike.

You were fortunate that Bungie decide to double dip on maps and sent you to a area locked during patrol that you were able to access on a separate mission.

People thought you had to go on a Crota's End raid to get the DGs in the Hive dimension, but you can access them during the Last Rites mission that takes place there.  I guess people didn't explore the idea of backtracking through the Abyssal Lamp field. 

It's much easier to get those DGs during Last Rites because you don't have to worry about Thralls or the Darkness of Crota weighing you down.

Yeah, I did not enjoy Zone Control as much as I thought I would.  Probably because my dumb teammates kept treating it like normal Control.  Even so, I got enough murdering done in the Crucible yesterday to get my K/D up to 1.33 and my DTR Combat Rating up to 97.99.  Much, much better.  I still need to play some Rift and I need four more TK headshot kills to push my GS PvP quest along.

I got my first Relentless on this new Hunter yesterday.  Slowly shaking off the ring rust.   I am beginning to enjoy trolling the wall on the Black Shield map.

Got to Rank 3 with Banshee this morning.  Time to go after the Ace of Spades for my Gunslinger.  Shredded the Hakke auto-rifles I ordered, but I will be keeping that Hakke shotgun that is available today once it arrives next week.

Stupid masks. I got the Speaker so I did the Heroic Strike with it on (Fucking Dust Palace). But it has given me Petra three straight times and then when I turned in the paper scraps - I got another Eris Mon. Grr...

Yeah, leave it to RNG to turn a fun little side activity into a maddening grind.

I've gotten all the masks and done all the quest stuff....except the Crota mask. And it's driving me insane.

RNG refuses to give me a Tiger Mask or a Traveler Mask so I don my Speaker mask and play Classic 6x6 to fill my candy bag and take it back to Eva for another shot at a new mask.

I've gotten all the masks and done all the quest stuff....except the Crota mask. And it's driving me insane.

I have gotten the Crota mask FIVE TIMES.....  I got it in two successive candy bag returns yesterday.

Yeah - I am thinking today is the day I attempt to solo Stirok, Banner of Oryx since I am really fucking tired of not advance the Taken War quest line.

Damien tried to insist that the dude we killed at the start of yesterday's daily would count but it didn't

Did the Nightfalls, got screwed over 3 times. 11 3 of Coins, a 303 ghost (after finally getting a 307 raid ghost, thanks destiny!) and a 300 auto rifle. Wasn't all bad, on the final nightfall the Darkblade helm I've wanted since day one dropped for me and a damn fine 294 too. That's getting infused up some more and being my Titans primary helm until i get a raid one!

FINALLY got the Tiger Mask - so time to start camping public events.

Of course - now I have one mask in every quest but not a complete set.

Waited for over 20 minutes for the Taken Champion in the Rocketyard to spawn and of course he didnt

This game hates me

I'm going to have to create a Warlock to try and get more masks. So far the only useful ones I've got are the Cryptarchs and Atheon, the latter of which I shredded after jumping off the Tower.

Got the Tiger Mask and went to the Moon to solo three WARSATs.  One Festival Quest down!  Eva still refuses to give me a Traveler mask.

I have a metric shit ton of PvP bounties in my queue today and Banshee is doing my K/D no favors by having two of his crap test weapons requiring Crucible data.  I'll level them up one at a time so that I can have two weapons from my own arsenal handy and I will hunt scrubs in Classic 6x6 after hitting the Daily Crucible Playlist (CLASH~!).

People bitching about micro-transactions and Tess selling mask packages are suddenly shutting up now that some of them have shredded their masks for paper scraps, found that they were one scrap short of getting a Flimsy Mask Bag from Eva, and have had to buy a new one with Silver so that they can keep participating in the event. 

("Why am I not getting candy for killing things?  Forgot to put my mask on, oh well.....OH NO I DELETED ALL OF MY MASKS~!)

Wanted to get Cloud Walker Tribute from the Speaker since it sorta went with my Old Guard shader color scheme but it is long and my old, full length Iron Banner cloak always draped over the exhaust ports of my Sparrow.  Good thing this game is not "realistic" otherwise I'd have set myself on fire long ago. 

In the back of my mind, I can hear Edna Mole screaming NO CAPES~!

So, The Last Array is todays' Daily Heroic.  Is this Halloween or Christmas?  Either way, I get the goodies!  15 LMs for a five minute firefight. I spent more time riding on my Sparrow than I did shooting at Hive.

Mis mentioned to me about the sites that calculate infusion for you - I just can't remember which one he mentioned.

Does anyone use them/have a preferred site?

A see a few - I just didn't know if there was a "better" one

http://mattaltepeter.com/destiny/

The guy who made that one actually met with somebody from Bungie about it. I've not really used it but I guess that makes it as good as any.

As far as I can tell the general rules seem to be: legendaries give you up to 6 light or 80%, whichever is highest. And exotics give you up to 4 light or a maximum of 70%.

So example if you infuse a 300 with a 306 legendary you will get the full 6 points difference. Any higher and you get 80%.

It went up with the Festival of the Lost. Not sure if it'll disappear when it's over on the 9th or if it's a permanent part of the rotation.

I don't like it, but I only played it once. It reminds me of a combo of Pantheon and Cauldron.

Trials starts again tonight and promises 'hard mode equivalent gear'.

I'm guessing they've changed the original light levels to 310+ since Trials was supposed to start 3 weeks ago and I can't see them having 310+ Trials gear before Hard Mode was released.

Makes me wounded if they will up Iron Banner gear to 300-310 next time to make it relevant.

God - I am so fucking done with this stupid Festival of the Lost crap

Finally got the Crota mask so I did the fucking 5 sword kills in the Crucible which was stupid annoying (I did it on that Cathedral map and yes I hated it)

Reward for quest completion is another bag of worthless shit? Fuck this.

At least give me a Legendary mask

Still need the Traveller and the Cryptarch so I can get this all out of the fucking way

Full Trials Details From the Update

Trials of Osiris

Requires a minimum Character Level of 40
Requires a minimum Light of 251; Recommended Light is 290
Winning teams now receive Trials gear rewards directly at the end-of-match completion
Players that go undefeated on their Passage will continue to be invited to The Lighthouse
Players may continue to play in the Trials past 9 wins (but rewards are maxed out at 9 wins)
Trials Passages now have a Details page containing your Boons
Player must now purchase Boons from the Details page on their Passage instead of from Brother Vance
Boons can no longer be applied to Trials passages after starting a run
Trials gear can be purchased from Brother Vance (including some items found at the Lighthouse)
Brother Vance now has Bounties that award Legendary Marks
Crucible Bounties can now also be completed in Trials of Osiris
Matchmaking has been updated to make it more competitive to reach The Lighthouse

Played on a map tonight called "Cathedral of the Dusk"

Where the fuck did that come from?

Played two Clash matches on that map yesterday.  Actually like that layout.  Lots of good ambush spots and choke points to stick my Tripmines.  Got two wins in back to back matches on that map and was the top killer on my team both times.

Played my first Rift match yesterday with a three man fireteam.  I can see why randoms would hate that playlist.  Most of the blues on the other team camped the spark in order to kill our runners while we aggressively attacked the other team in order to capture the spark and coordinated defense on runs to the enemy rift. 

Easily outscored the opposite team since they played the game more like Clash and less like Rift.

Was thrilled that my Get 5 Kills As An Active Runner criteria for my Crucible quest was completed while I WAS the active runner.  My last two kills for that step came from a Double Down medal I earned while slam dunking the spark.  Now I have to get 12 kills in Rumble.  yay.. I think..  I will probably chase that down in the Classic FFA lobby rather than the TTK Rumble lobby.

Overal PvP record yesterday was 7-1.  K/D is up to 1.38 and my DTR combat rating is one again over 100 where it should be.  I still need two more TK kills for my Gunslinger PvP bounty.

You all should rejoice because Xur is selling the Zhalo this morning.  Buy one for every member of your family.  IMO, it is one of the bullet hoses in the game. I am a machine in the Crucible when using that weapon and it is living proof that Auto-Rifles in PvP are back with a vengeance.

I've had one for a while now(Zhalo) and it is pretty fun and competitive to use in Crucible.  It's not really a relevant gun in high level PvE but for doing stuff like lvl 36 strikes and patrols and such it's a ton of fun to use.  Plus any nightfall with arc burn.  If you ain't got one, you should scoop it up for sure. 

Another thing I realized in the last couple of days- every exotic that you decrypt once you are 310LL or greater will decrypt to 310 every time which is pretty damn sweet. 

I've had one for a while now(Zhalo) and it is pretty fun and competitive to use in Crucible.  It's not really a relevant gun in high level PvE but for doing stuff like lvl 36 strikes and patrols and such it's a ton of fun to use.  Plus any nightfall with arc burn.  If you ain't got one, you should scoop it up for sure. 

The Chain Lightning is a godsend if you are doing anything where there are going to be Thralls involved or where there are enemies with Arc Shields.   The Zhalo mows them down like nothing.  

High level PvE is indeed problematic.  Zhalo doesn't really have the impact to get staggers and you're pretty much hosed if the active skull is the one where shields only take damage from the same element type.

In PvP, Zhalo is an engine of electric death.  High RoF, a naturally fast Reload Speed (you don't even need AR Loaders on your gaunts to feel confident about not getting caught flat footed during mag swaps), Persistence as a static perk, Hammer Forged as an alternate perk, Chain Lightning feature allows you to reasonably fend off players trying to team kill you, and the Bolts From the Blue perk returns Super energy and ammo when you get Double Downs.  It is a PvP nightmare. 

Getting lots of nasty PMs from butthurt opponents after Clash and Control matches for using the Supercell, so I know I am doing something right.

I am surprised that there isn't a lot of bitching about this gun on the Bungie PvP boards.  I expect to see a lot of people using one in the next Iron Banner.

• Like 1

Almost forgot.  I had a Y2 Truth pop up for me out of a Legendary HW Engram I got for my first place finish in the last PvP match of the night before I tapped out and went to bed.  We fought the exact same team twice in Clash on the Cathedral of Dusk map. 

First match was a lot closer because no one was familiar with the map.  Second match was nip and tuck at the beginning, but my team got hot and kept our HW spawn better protected than the other team. 

Looks like I am keeping that Hakke pulse rifle I ordered so that I have an Exotic slot open to start leveling up my new tracking rocket launcher.

Crucible treated me REALLY good last night.  About time..

RNG blessed me with a supercell from the first exotic engram I got from farming Three of Coins. I've since had a couple drop for me at 310. I'll be picking up the Titan and Hunter helm Xur's selling just for the blueprints since I think they're the only exotics obtainable at the moment from engrams that I haven't received yet.

I am surprised that there isn't a lot of bitching about this gun on the Bungie PvP boards. I expect to see a lot of people using one in the next Iron Banner.

I got killed by it a few times in the last Iron Banner. I expect to see it a lot more now it's readily available.

You're going to be seeing almost exclusive use of pulse rifles in Trials.  Red Death, NTTE, Juju, The Villainy, Nirweins Mercy, Hawksaw.  Probably some high leveled Hawkmoons as well.  Just my prediction.  When everything counts and everything matters, PRs are the top class of weapon now since the handcannon nerf.  I'm looking forward to Trials.  My Titan and Hunter are both over 310 and are the only two classes I really care to play with most of the time.  Sunbreakin and Nightstalkin. 

You're going to be seeing almost exclusive use of pulse rifles in Trials. Red Death, NTTE, Juju, The Villainy, Nirweins Mercy, Hawksaw. Probably some high leveled Hawkmoons as well. Just my prediction. When everything counts and everything matters, PRs are the top class of weapon now since the handcannon nerf. I'm looking forward to Trials. My Titan and Hunter are both over 310 and are the only two classes I really care to play with most of the time. Sunbreakin and Nightstalkin.

I got killed a bunch by the new raid pulse rifle in the last Banner. I imagine there are a few perfectly rolled 310-320s out there now.