DVDVR Message Board

Destiny

Big Fresh

Oh I know - all my other matches have been Control.

I just saw one guy suggest the Rumble route - so I figured I would give it a try. My mistake.

One nice thing about this bounty - since I am doing it as a Titan Defender, I got a couple of flags I never got before like Blast Shield.

I also got my very first Buckshot Bruiser medal as I popped my bubble and dudes kept running into it one at a time. It was like the Horseman lining up to take an elbow from Dusty.

EDIT - OH! And Get It Off. Sweet sweet Get It Off

Oh I know - all my other matches have been Control.

I just saw one guy suggest the Rumble route - so I figured I would give it a try. My mistake.

One nice thing about this bounty - since I am doing it as a Titan Defender, I got a couple of flags I never got before like Blast Shield.

I also got my very first Buckshot Bruiser medal as I popped my bubble and dudes kept running into it one at a time. It was like the Horseman lining up to take an elbow from Dusty.

EDIT - OH! And Get It Off. Sweet sweet Get It Off

Yeah, only do Rumble matches if clan members make up at least half of the field.

I don't like using shotguns with my Hunter so I probably won't get a Buckshot Bruiser award until I get my Titan up to speed.

I can almost score Get It Off medals in my sleep with the Bladedancer's Flux Grenade or the Gunslinger's Tripmine and once my Defender is ready for PvP, I will probably use Mag Grenades exclusively in PvP.

The only time I am rarely successful with sticking grenades on people's foreheads is when I chose to do the Kill 20 Dudes with Grenades bounty.

Then i can't stick a grenade to anyone or score a Postmortem at all.  Anytime I have to do some particular action to get points towards a bounty, I fail miserably.

You will also jump for joy with glee when you score your first Way of the Gun and Stick Around medals with your Gunslinger.

I have been fairly pleased with my quality of support in the Crucible lately.  Most of the players on my team have fought hard even in defeat.  I think that only one team I was on was full of flakes.

It saddened me to put two females on my Avoid List (LIL ROXY RAGE & PattyCraigerson) but Roxy was a quitter and Patty had no danger sense whatsoever and constantly camped Flag A on Shores of Time where she'd either die or be of no help because the other team split into two groups of three and camped Flag B and C in the last five minutes of the match.

I also put MrSnake253 on my list during that match because he camped Flag A with PattyCraigerson and Hermit Man 86 deliberately got himself killed as many times as possible to give the other team enough points to end the match.

And, HEY~!  I totally forgot that we've got this Thanksgiving potluck thing going on today.  I will probably be able to skate out of here by 2PM, but I may have extended duty for the rest of the week.

Back to the raid, hitting 30, and all that shit...

I appreciate that Bungie is going to give players an additional way of getting to 30, which is earning gear through the Iron Banner, but you will still need raid gear to actually hit 30. 

It's so frustrating...The raid needs to reset midweek to allow people to hit it up twice a week. Once is just not enough, especially considering how shitty the RNG is. I mean, last night would have been a complete waste of time had I not so desperately needed Shards because that's all I got. No weapons, no gear, just Shards and a shader.

BTW, if you are going to be raided, it helps if at least one person has the GGHorn equipped. Basically, one of my buddies was using GGHorn, while the rest of us threw grenades and used sniper rifles, and we killed Atheon after only two trips to past Mars/future Mars to kill some Oracles. It was bananas. Only part we really had trouble with were the Gorgons and that was because we kept fucking around, trying to make each other laugh. Other than that, we finished the raid in less than 90 minutes. We're going to try it on hard tonight.

I swear, if we beat it on hard mode tonight, and I still get hosed on gear, I'm spiking my controller.

Mis can probably explain this better than me but the other day - he was rounding up a group of guys to do the Vault and he said that they run the Vault 5 to 6  times a week.

Basically - it seemed that what they did was

use a character

get whatever bonuses they get

put all the stuff in storage.

Delete character.

Build new character.

Power run new character to Level 20.

Slap Vault shit on "Magically at Level 30".

Run Vault again.

Thus you don't have to wait for the week to reset.

We were waiting for them to get to Level 20 on Monday to start the raid but I had to bail because life got in the way.

Funny gltich today.

I got booted while doing patrol in cosmodrome, so i went back to Turn in my bounty. But when i got there, the bounty master was not there nor was there a green ! By the board.

So, i went down to the vanguards and when i came back topside, he and the ! Were there.

Got to level 11 with my titan and 9 with my hunter and gold public event with all three.

Pardon the offensive term, but that really works best for no lifers who can dedicate the time to get a new character up to level 20. Not saying mis is, but quite a few people who would employ that strategy have shitloads of time that the majority of folks don't have. Shit, it took me quite a bit to get to level 20 just playing when I could. Maybe if I didn't have a house, a 40+ hour a week job, a kid, etc. I could do that.

Mis teleworks for Amazon actually, and has a wife and kid that he spends time with.  The dude just never sleeps which is bad for him.

My friend, Josh, is an IT consultant / contractor who on first sight appears to game his days away, but actually remote admins the networks for five or six companies.

I don't want that kind of free time to indulge in Destiny because gaming for that long feels like a part time job instead of a leisure activity.

• Like 1

Lots of people have alts. I've held out for a while but just started another titan the other day. Once you've gone through the game and have a level 20+ character, it doesn't take long to get a new character to 20. Especially if you have friends that will power you through story mode. Summer people have said it's taken them as little as 9 hours to get a character to 20. Really it's just a way to farm to get your main guy to 30 with the raid and to get the larger rewards from the weekly nightfalls and heroics.

I've never heard of people doing that though. Devoting an extra 10-15 hours per additional character per week seems pretty extreme just to farm some gear. You can have three characters anyway right? So 1 will always be topped out and the other two would be farm mules that would raid and then be deleted to bring in new alts to farm. So if they're doing 5-6 runs per week, that's an additional like 30 hours just to bring new characters up to speed every week for purposes of doing the raid and I can only assume the nightfall as well and maybe even the weekly heroic. By my lazy math that's at least over 40hrs a week playing destiny and that's not including normal stuff like bounties and dailies.

If you work an 8hr a day job and only sleep 5hrs a night, that's not leaving you much time to do anything else but play destiny.

That's actually one of my biggest issues now with trying to level up my Titan past level 20.  There's only a couple times a week where I have more than an hour or so of totally uninterrupted gaming time and I actually was about 10 minutes late for work this morning because I was completing a strike playlist that I thought would be fairly easy but ended up taking nearly 45 minutes.  (the whole not being able to pause thing is an absolute killer for me sometimes)  So I find myself doing mostly Crucible stuff now because it's shorter periods of times and I have a fear of being that dick who drops out midway through a strike with a bunch of strangers.

And speaking of this morning, sorry Mis for never responding to your party invite.  By the time the strike was over I was running out of the house for work I'd totally forgotten to send a message or pop in to say I couldn't.

Edit- double post.

And I don't know, maybe my times are wrong for how long it takes to get to level 20.

Your math was what I had in mind. It just doesn't seem feasible unless you do nothing, but play Destiny, unless I'm missing something when it comes to leveling.

I'm going to start an alt soon, but running my alt takes me away from gathering mats for my main. However, maybe I can just farm those mats with my alt. I don't know. 

Just approved follower membership to the board for inlinestang1966 and StangOwner66.

I know who inline is, but is StangOwner66 the same person?

I am getting to the point where my remaining Grimoire bonuses are linked to rare enemies like Ogres and Hydra where I will have to start hunting deeper in the zones while on patrol or start doing story missions on higher difficulty so that more of those sorts of enemies will show up.

It is not breaking my heart that my Activity Bonus score for Rumble, Salvage, and Skirmish is not going up.

• Like 1

I got a hard reminder this morning.

Don't play Crucible at 5 AM when it is nothing but German guys in the same clan.

I dropped over 50 points on my Thorn EWB.

I managed to claw my way back so that I ended at a net -1 on the bounty before leaving for work.

• Like 1

BTW - I brought this up with those I chatted with online but I will mention it hear too.

You can figure out what Dead Ghosts you are missing by looking at your Grimoire cards.

Each one you get unlocks a card so you can use that to check against a list.

One guy did a Google Doc to use (I am sure you can find similar things)

• Like 1

Didn't get to do it last night. Grocery shopping took forever and then had to wait just as long for takeout. By the time I got home it was 9 PM and my friends were getting ready to start at that point. We have a Facebook chat setup for talking about Destiny and no one discussed it, so I'm guessing it went bad if we tried it at all.

We also did try it on hard mode before and got housed trying to kill the Templar. I was 27 at that point and everyone else was 28 or 29. That was weeks ago. We now have one guy on our team who hit 30 and the rest of us are 28 to 29. I suppose the advantage is that we all have weapons for the raid, but I'm guessing they got their asses kicked since no one was even cracking jokes about it today.

I got a hard reminder this morning.

Don't play Crucible at 5 AM when it is nothing but German guys in the same clan.

I dropped over 50 points on my Thorn EWB.

I managed to claw my way back so that I ended at a net -1 on the bounty before leaving for work.

Germans and Swedes take their deathmatching very seriously and they are nearly devoid of all humor when they are getting their murder on..

Didn't get to do it last night. Grocery shopping took forever and then had to wait just as long for takeout. By the time I got home it was 9 PM and my friends were getting ready to start at that point. We have a Facebook chat setup for talking about Destiny and no one discussed it, so I'm guessing it went bad if we tried it at all.

We also did try it on hard mode before and got housed trying to kill the Templar. I was 27 at that point and everyone else was 28 or 29. That was weeks ago. We now have one guy on our team who hit 30 and the rest of us are 28 to 29. I suppose the advantage is that we all have weapons for the raid, but I'm guessing they got their asses kicked since no one was even cracking jokes about it today.

Right on. Well, we are going to try hard mode tonight around 8pm your time if you're interested. We have four right now for sure, so you're more than welcome to join in.