DVDVR Message Board

January 2014 Football thread.

The Natural

I don't care about Man Utd, or their fans. This is all hilarious. But honestly... I'm starting to feel a bit sorry for Moyes. He looks so forlorn out there, and it's becoming clear that his predecessor overachieved with a bunch of mediocre players.

It appears that Chelsea are going to sell Mata to Man Utd.  I am surprised by this, especially considering that Mourinho bought Willian just so that Spurs couldn't get him.  I don't think Man Utd would consider selling Rooney the other way.

Oops.

West Brom sponsor Zoopla have decided to end their sponsorship of the club at the end of the season because of Nicolas Anelka's "quenelle" gesture.

Anelka, 34, made the sign, described as an inverted Nazi salute and declared by some to be anti-Semitic, after scoring against West Ham on 28 December, 2013.

Zoopla, co-owned by Jewish businessman Alex Chesterman, will focus on other marketing activities.

The incident is being investigated by the Football Association.

Squeaking into the Final on Away Goals against fucking Sunderland is irritating.

but it pretty much guarantee's we're still playing in Eurpoe next season, even if its Europa.

I'm wondering, if now would be the time to start up the Moyes Death Clock.  

I'm all for giving a new manager a chance, but unless he pulls off a run and gets United into Europa range in the table, missing Europe for the first time since the ban is going to have the supporters screaming for his head.

Not selling 75% of these overpaid shitbums come summer would be grounds for his head too.