DVDVR Message Board

DVDVR Fantasy Football Thread 2013

Kevin Wilson

Um.... Has anyone seen a game end in a tie before?

That actually happened to me a year or two ago, if I remember correctly. The league I was in didn't have fractional points, which is how that happened I guess. I can't fathom how that happens otherwise.

At it stands I'm looking at a 113.28 - 113.28 tie. Unless there's more stat correction coming.

Ridiculous.

Though I guess I'm excited to see what the little post-game write up will be like.

• 2 weeks later...

Tim Jennings was giving me not a whole hell of a lot the last couple of weeks. I picked another D player who's been putting up numbers. But I knew we were playing the Giants and decided if anyone was going to have a good game on Eli, it would be Jennings so stuck by him another week.

Teehee.

• 2 weeks later...

I had Forte, Foster and Doug Williams as my RB's going into last week. Williams is done the other two were on byes which meant that I had to pick up two more guys. grabbed Moreno and Lacey and that was enough to get me the win this week. Thank God for Fantasy Football or I would have stopped watching after week 3.

So, I believed Vick when he said he was good to go and I started him this week...Yeah, that didn't go so well...Meanwhile, Andy Dalton and Terrelle Pryor sat on my bench >_<

Funnily enough, I still have a shot, albeit a long one. I'm down 48.50 to 72.84. I have Marshawn Lynch and Steven Hauschka, while my opponent has Sidney Rice. If Hauschka does what he's been doing over the last few weeks, and Lynch goes into Beast Mode I could still win this.

Welp, what a difference a week makes. This week was basically an auto-win for me, since my opponent apparently checked out this week, as he left Matt Stafford, Anquan Boldin, and Arizona's defense (all on bye weeks) in his lineup. In the meantime, I had 4 guys that had over 20 points (Gronk, Desean Jackson, Giovanni Bernard, and KC's defense). Final score, unless my opponent wakes up and swaps out Arizona's defense for Chicago's sometime today: 162.92 to 49.90.

• 1 month later...

Because no one responded to my trash talking on Yahoo, I need to come here to crow about lucking into the playoffs.

I beat Josh to make it in, who turns out to be my first round opponent. After one game, he's already up 13 points.

Best of luck to all in the consolation bracket.