DVDVR Message Board

2024 Puroresu General Discussion

lostinube

Some Pro Wrestling NOAH

I need to watch more footage, but it seems NOAH moved away from the green lines on the mat. White is really their mat canvas colour then, with logos of course.

Masa Funaki doesn't participate in NOAH like he used to do. He last wrestled for NOAH last Sept, losing to Josh Barnett.

Go will be the main character of Limit Break.  Go turned 42 today.

AJP

Nakajima doing his own Rocky Balboa take. 

The Triple Crown was on the table during the press conference, the same single belt. 

Yuma Anzai and his partner beat up the Saito Bros at the press conference.

Best to ignore the two Tokyo Sports articles, one with Go and the other with Kendo, those are kayfabe.

He got a shout out from his bestie Despy at the end of last night's show.

Also, just a reminder that WWE just signed a deal with ABEMA for streaming starting in 2023 so it's a good bet they won't be a part of the initial Netflix deal. So if people try to tie that deal to the WWE getting Okada they probably don't even know what ABEMA is.

If you're wondering about why the 6-man tag, which was Okada's last Korakuen Hall match for NJPW, wasn't the main for tonight's show, it was probably because they are clearly putting a lot into Umino, as he got to deliver the "after the rain" promo postmatch and also declared himself the new ace.

• Like 1

NJPW Road to The New Beginning, 24th January 2024 spoiler:

Spoiler

Kazuchika Okada/Tomohiro Ishii/Hiroshi Tanahashi defended the NEVER Openweight Six Man Tag Team Championship against Kosei Fujita/Mikey Nicholls/Shane Haste. The belts will be vacated. I like Kazuchika Okada goes out having never lost the gold. It's the only championship he's won outside of the IWGP Heavyweight Championship/IWGP World Heavyweight Championship main events. That's unusual compared to Hiroshi Tanahashi and Kenny Omega who held the IWGP Intercontinental Championship alongside the IWGP Heavyweight Championship as examples.

Kazuchika Okada post match promo translated by NJPW Global:

Spoiler

I don't want to cry. I've cried enough already. But thank you for all your support for 17 years. 

Ishii put this belt on me, but today I vacate it. But this is the only team belt I've ever held in my career and I'm so thankful to Tanahashi and Ishii. This is the last match of my contract but I have three matches to go in Osaka and Sapporo. This isn't the end, this isn't goodbye and you still have the main event. Enjoy it."

Thank you to NJPW wrestlers, staff and fans. I promise we will meet again, and I hope you'll support the Rainmaker.

• Like 1

NJPW had the Strongest and Ace role flipped and mixed up with Okada as the Strongest and top guy and Tanahashi as old man Ace, but Umino as the new main guy and Ace fixes this.

I expect Ren Narita to become the new strongest. The number 2 guy.

Taka Michinoku bad news, might have to use deepl

https://twitter.com/tank_nagai/status/1750500055856165049

TAKA Michinoku tired to have sex with Mio Shirai, the sister of WWE Superstar IYO SKY.

Mio's husband Tank Nagai, reveled on Twitter/X that TAKA adamantly messaged his wife, sending LINE messages such as "Let's sleep together~" and "What's your room number?" After a after match party where she had become very drunk.

18 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Jesus, I'm right in the middle of the history of M-Pro in the Blood and Thunder book, don't make me want to skip another 200 or so pages.

There is other stuff in the link.

You have to take the bad with the good, and hope the bad goes away in the future.

I’m thinking after Rei Saito it’ll be Suwama in March. Then it’s the CC. It’ll be interesting to see who is competition this year.

Edited by Control