DVDVR Message Board

Marvel Comics - 2024

Was thinking today about the Latverian national futbol team. What formation do they play? Would even Dr. Doom hire JoseMourinho as his coach? Is he pro or anti using his team for sportswashing? Would he ever bid to host the World Cup? 

26 minutes ago, odessasteps said:

Was thinking today about the Latverian national futbol team. What formation do they play? Would even Dr. Doom hire JoseMourinho as his coach? Is he pro or anti using his team for sportswashing? Would he ever bid to host the World Cup? 

To your last question: no. If Doom wanted to host the World Cup, he would seize the right to do so by force.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But thinking about it further, why would he want to? For the prestige of the World Cup is as nothing compared to the CUP OF DOOM - which only DOOM may bestow! So let the greatest footballers make their way to Latveria to test their mettle - IF THEY DARE!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, odessasteps said:

Brazil show up Only to find out it’s a team of Doombots. 

If that's a joke specifically about Brazil's team, I'm afraid I don't know enough about soccer to get it.

But yes, the top human team probably has to play a team of Doombots for the Cup.

There's an alternate universe where Hickman was allowed to do the whole Krakoan saga as one book, in the same kind of form and feel as HoX/PoX. I think that probably would have rocked.

But at the same time, I wouldn't have got Al Ewing or Kieron Gillen's stuff in there so it all works out in the end.

• Like 3

I forget who called Sabretooth's two minis unnecessary but i absolutely disagree. Hellions was my favorite of the first wave Krakoa books and those minis were a solid followup. Much like MTMTE/Lost Light was my favorite part of IDW Transformers, I think there's always room to be had for a story about the characters who can't or won't fit in with the group trying to build and maintain a whole new society, especially when the society has such distressing vibes from the outside looking in. Exiles wasn't as good as the first mini, but I loved them both. 

• Like 1

OK, so I read the Hellfire Gala Fall of X and holy shit they pulled no punches, didn't they? They remembered what Magneto said as he was dying. (Panel from X-Men Red )

71417c6cfa29f485.png

• Like 1

Kurt Busiek on blue sky 

Got a digital royalty report from Marvel today.

FIFTY-NINE pages of individual payment listings. Less than $325 in actual payments. Multiple royalties of .01.

Still, happy to get it and even small amounts add up. Beats a poke in the eye with a tuna sandwich.

• Sad 1

I have doubts about if they reset the timeline for X-Men. They might just simply move on. With whatever the new gimmick is of course.

Anyway in Dead X-Men issue 3, more of Moira's previous lives were shown. 

4 hours ago, odessasteps said:

As a follow up, this is only for digital royalties, so not as bad as it could be. 

Also I know that creators do get digital royalties off of Marvel Unlimited but I would imagine they would be pretty small.

31 minutes ago, twiztor said:

did he say a timeframe for this report? yearly? monthly?

Someone asked if it was annual and he said “not remotely” 

there weren’t too many other posts, since it may have gotten swallowed by all the SCOTUS posts/replies  he was making later in the day.

• Thanks 1

They revealed the new 3 main X-Men titles

Spoiler

Beast is back to his 90's look. Cyclops looks young. Magneto is in a wheelchair.

3 teams across America.

The trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuyyM-Jlkas

More info here https://community.cbr.com/showthread.php?170915-From-the-Ashes-Trailer-from-Marvel/page7

Additional books

https://twitter.com/laughing_place/status/1768368581882896399

Less team books and more solos. Some of the team named books are probably solo's.

The creative teams for the three announced "Core" books are all different flavours of good, even if I'm concerned about Jed McKay overreaching with how many big titles he's running right now. Also the titles for the teased second wave are all interesting, so that's something.

Cyclops looks like teen Cyclops again which is...curious. Wondering if that's an artistic choice or if something's going to happen.

Apparently part of the bit is that they're going to be recovering from the end of the Krakoan Era, with no centralized location or team, which is part of why there's three X-Men teams...they're all grouping independently of one another. I imagine it's tough to speak to all that much without spoiling the heck out of what they're currently doing, but they've definitely got my curiousity. 

If nothing else, getting Gail Simone back on a monthly book is a huge win.

• Like 1

Sounds like that period after Mutant Massacre where you had the X-Men, New Mutants and X-Force running around rarely crossing paths despite having huge events across their line

James

Edited by J.H.
  • Like 3