DVDVR Message Board

2024 UPCOMING MOVIE DISCUSSION

Dolfan in NYC

I watched it. That is specifically tailored for J. Lo fans as BP hinted at. I was expecting much, much worse. It's also tied to her new album so it's basically Graffiti Bridge: The Jennifer Lopez edition.

That said, I loved that for the last 25 years at least, one of the most attractive women of all times is still casting herself in the woman hopelessly trying to find true love and happiness. I mean if Tom Cruise can play "vaguely in his late 30s/40s" person while in his 50s and 60s in action movies, I guess she can typecast herself. It's a bizarre choice, but I guess she wants to be the avatar for every woman.

12 minutes ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

It's a bizarre choice, but I guess she wants to be the avatar for every woman.

In the sense that I occasionally have a running soundtrack of "Waiting For Tonight" running through my head and I've worn a couple of outfits that might have gotten me parodied if I were more famous like her 2000 Grammys dress, sure.

• Haha 4

21 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

In the sense that I occasionally have a running soundtrack of "Waiting For Tonight" running through my head and I've worn a couple of outfits that might have gotten me parodied if I were more famous like her 2000 Grammys dress, sure.

There's a joke there that only other trans and/or very, very funny people are allowed to make. 

Since I'm neither... I'll just note that Dune Part 2 will have a run time of 2 hours, 45 minutes.   

All the spice in the known worlds for an editor.

On 1/2/2024 at 3:58 AM, Dolfan in NYC said:

Oh this is gonna be a busy year as a ton of movies that were delayed due to the strike are coming now in addition to the ones already out there. 

Some highlights:

Lisa Frankenstein - February 9

Dune Part 2 - March 1

Ghostbusters: Frozen Empire - March 29

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire - April 12

Furiosa: A Mad Max Saga - May 24

Ballerina - June 7

Twisters - July 19

Deadpool 3 - July 26

Borderlands - August 9

Beetlejuice 2 - September 7

Saw 11 - September 27

Joker: Folie a Deux - October 4

Gladiator 2 - November 22

Wicked - November 27

Lord of the Rings: The War of Rohirrim - December 13

Only interested in Deadpool 3, Joker: Folie a Deux and Saw 11.

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

Really don't understand how a company can produce an entire movie and then just dump it as a loss without even attempting to make a buck back off it. 

Because the taxes laws for the rich and/or corporations are stupid

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Raziel said:

ROAD HOUSE

Ok, if Gyllenhaal doesn't rip out Connor's throat at the end what are we even doing here?

Jesus... speaking of camp.  

You know you looked at that screencap and immediately thought "Brock?" Instead, turns out it's someone who is a way way bigger asshole...

Seeing Gyllenhall completely cut does not match my vision of his torso at all, but then I guess he's a movie star and like all the rest of them he can morph his body like Mystique at will for a role within months. 

Random things

• Colman Domingo will play Nat King Cole in the biopic about Cole that is being directed by... Colman Domingo
  • He has also been cast as Joe Jackson in the Michael - the Michael Jackson biopic being directed by Antoine Fuqua
  • To continue on the biopic theme - Edward Norton is replacing Benedict Cumberbatch as Pete Seeger in the James Mongold directed Bob Dylan one (Called A Complete Unknown)
  • There will be an animated Bob the Builder movie with Anthony Ramos voicing Bob (it is being produced by Jennifer Lopez's production company)
  • The next two movies Ben Affleck will direct are: Animals (a Netflix crime thriller staring Matt Damon) and The Accountant 2