DVDVR Message Board

SOCCER - WINTER 2024

Dolfan in NYC

According to Martin Lipton, the 2026 World Cup final will be held at JerryWorld.   

(That's AT&T Stadium, outside of Dallas, Texas for those unfamiliar.)  

This will be the first time in WC history that the finals will be held indoors. 

http://twitter.com/RussellScott1/status/1748830882511896769?t=Zd51s7y2Mu2WaROWuzgMNQ&s=19

Manchester City held a meeting with Sports Minister Stuart Andrew last May.

The meeting was to discuss the Football Governance White Paper.

I sent in an FOI request for a copy of the minutes - they’ve refused to provide them.

Ministers think it’s not in the public interest

Edited by odessasteps

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Absolutely monstrous Cupset as sixth-tier Maidstone United knock off Ipswich. One of the biggest ever for my money.

I agree with you, one of the biggest FA Cup upsets ever. To add another stat, 98 place difference.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

Absolutely monstrous Cupset as sixth-tier Maidstone United knock off Ipswich. One of the biggest ever for my money.

Just now, The Natural said:

I agree with you, one of the biggest FA Cup upsets ever. To add another stat, 98 place difference.

Chelsea 2-4 Bradford City is still the biggest FA Cup upset ever 😁.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Happ Hazzard said:

Disgraceful scenes at West Brom vs Wolves.

First Black Country Derby with fans since 2012 and they decided to throw it back to 1985. Shameful.

FA Cup 5th round draw:

Maidstone fans were funny watching that draw. The disappointment at "only" getting Wednesday/Coventry was palpable.

3 hours ago, SirFozzie said:

First time in at least two decades a Premier League player has hit the woodwork FOUR times in a single match (Darwin Nunez)

Oh boy, I know they will be talking about on Second Captains tomorrow. 

Sheffield is not exactly the happiest place on football earth. Wednesday's in 23rd in the championship, and United is 10 points from safety just past halfway through, which.. coincidentally, was the same amount of points they HAVE so far.

Liverpool 4-1 Chelsea.

Chelsea 2-4 Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Two heavy defeats for Chelsea in the Premier League this week. Chelsea are 11th. Don't be surprised if Poch gets the boot tomorrow.

The 2026 World Cup finals will be in the shadow of New York City (to use the Wrestlemania phrasing) as it'll be at MetLife.

Also, six World Cup matches at Arrowhead, i'm excited for at least one of them involving people finding out that an afternoon game in KC in June is gonna be hot